Pregnant - Deluxe Beverage Package - RCCL Not Accomodating

lyssa13

Wow, this thread. The OP would like her husband to be able to enjoy the benefits of the package without her being charged for something she can't use. That's all. She's not asking for you to give up your seat or open a door for her, or anything else people used to do out of consideration for pregnant women without bringing up "entitlement". Buying by the drink and buying the package are not the same thing. If they were, cruise lines wouldn't sell drinks packages. Paying several hundred dollars for something you can't use is a problem. She's hoping there is a solution to that problem. That's it.

They will allow her to buy the non alcoholic package which doesn’t cost hundreds of dollars. She refuses to buy it.

Wow! I'm kind of shocked at the rude comments of some people in this thread. Asking for an exception based on circumstances is her right. Just as we all have the right to ask for things. We may or may not get them, but that doesn't mean we're "entitled" for asking. Nobody would need "special" treatment if most people would just practice the common courtesy that they would want themselves or their loved ones treated with.

She asked for an exception, was granted one. She doesn't like it and is complaining. She's been giving several options, the only one she wants is the exact one she wants. Royal should compromise but she shouldnt?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

As a mother of 5, back in the day, we accepted our "condition" as what it was. Our doctors gave us direction and advisement and we followed it. I did not want or expect preferential treatment because of my condition. When becoming pregnant, we knew that we would have to sacrifice some things for the duration, so we did. ANYTHING can happen at ANYTIME, where I would not want to be in another country IF something were to happen. We took our condition seriously and would not ever jeopardize our health or child's. SO, if hubby can't do without a drink package, well, I won't say here, because I would get bashed. Even the idea of going on a cruise at this time, I can't even think of why....Other than I can't buy a drink package, but my hubby wants one, both need to purchase per cabin, SO either buy BOTH, or NONE....

I am one of those people that don't drink enough to pay for the drink package. I also take blood pressure medication and heart medication. My cardiologist said I can have one drink a day. My husband likes the drink package. It's easier than paying from the onboard account. And to have to keep tabs of your money

With that being said, for our up coming trip he purchased the drink package & I got the refreshment. but my issue was why am I paying for a refreshments package when the water, lemonade, iced tea, coffee & tea are included. I don't see how purchasing this package is going to deter anybody from sharing. But it's the rules now.

I had heard after the first of the year, one could buy DX onboard independent of others. Now I hear that this option is no longer available onboard and they are requiring at least a refreshment package to go along with the DX.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is what I observed

So pay per drink.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Sorry but nobody is forcing you to buy anything.

Your hubby can pay as he drinks , problem solved.

You can thank all of the posters that ask about how to share beverage packages for your troubles.

An equally valid remark might be, give the ipad back to Daddy.

Wow, this maybe a new low.

One more point: If I am pregnant and not drinking and traveling with my loving, supportive husband, I would expect him to be respectful of my condition and not be drinking a ton of drinks in front of me, day after day.

:)

Good point. In such a way they would not have to spend too much money on drinks either if this is the reason for buying the package.

You have experience with this? I haven’t but have been told from others that they were not required to buy additional packages onboard?

This also could have changed recently.

No I am saying that if they decide to purchase onboard the price of the drink package is higher then bought online. I don't know about addfitional packages onboard. Just saying its cheaper to prepay it. :)

No I am saying that if they decide to purchase onboard the price of the drink package is higher then bought online. I don't know about addfitional packages onboard. Just saying its cheaper to prepay it. :)

Yes. It is typically higher onboard but some of us get 20, 30, & 40% off and if that means we only are required to buy one package, it’s a much better deal onboard.

I am one of those people that don't drink enough to pay for the drink package. I also take blood pressure medication and heart medication. My cardiologist said I can have one drink a day. My husband likes the drink package. It's easier than paying from the onboard account. And to have to keep tabs of your money

Can you explain the bolded? The process is the same. Order drink, get drink, maybe sign a slip. How is getting a drink package "easier"?

With that being said, for our up coming trip he purchased the drink package & I got the refreshment. but my issue was why am I paying for a refreshments package when the water, lemonade, iced tea, coffee & tea are included. I don't see how purchasing this package is going to deter anybody from sharing. But it's the rules now.

It's not done to deter sharing. It's done so RCI still gets some $$.

Oh, an easy solution to this? Drink cards for everyone. They sell a drink card that will get you 15 drinks a day for $75/day, 20 drinks a day for $90/day, etc, etc. The drinks get loaded onto the SP cards of everyone in a cabin. "Share" all you want. You want to buy for a friend, no problem. You still get the "all inclusive" feel, your drinking is already paid for before you get on the ship, there are different levels based on how much you drink, you save money, it can be used for heavy and light drinkers in the same cabin, RCI is getting more per drink than than the current packages. You can do similar "cards" for soda, water, whatever. Win-win. It's just figuring out how many drinks for each day and what they'd cost.

If you run out of drinks, you can recharge on board, but for a higher cost.

Oh, an easy solution to this? Drink cards for everyone. They sell a drink card that will get you 15 drinks a day for $75/day, 20 drinks a day for $90/day, etc, etc. The drinks get loaded onto the SP cards of everyone in a cabin. "Share" all you want. You want to buy for a friend, no problem. You still get the "all inclusive" feel, your drinking is already paid for before you get on the ship, there are different levels based on how much you drink, you save money, it can be used for heavy and light drinkers in the same cabin, RCI is getting more per drink than than the current packages. You can do similar "cards" for soda, water, whatever. Win-win. It's just figuring out how many drinks for each day and what they'd cost.

This may be the most intelligent, well thought out post I have ever seen on CC that was not written by someone named Bob!

Kudos to you. I would even buy into this program.

So i can currently get 20 drinks per day for $43 now and you’re proposing I should be paying $90? Do you work for RCCL by any chance?

So i can currently get 20 drinks per day for $43 now and you’re proposing I should be paying $90? Do you work for RCCL by any chance?

This is more for lighter drinkers than you. In the end, the only thing every drinker would agree on is lower prices for everything (packages, individual drinks). On the contrary, people that don't drink would rather see the higher prices, as Royal needs to get profit somewhere, if it doesn't come from alcohol, they will need to either raise prices somewhere else, or drop quality somewhere else to make up for loss of revenue.