Anything Good about Orchestra?

TupeloHoney

I've just read horrible reviews about Orchestra. :( We leave in two weeks. Please, tell me there is something good about this ship?! lol Mostly it sounds like the food is horrible - is there anything that is less horrible?! Anything positive we can say? Throw me a line here.... ;p

I'm clinging to the ports being amazing. But it'd be so nice if there was something, anything positive about the ship itself!

I leave for Orchestra on Saturday. I hope it's not as bad an experience as others have had.

I am looking forward to the ports and hopefully some nicer weather. I do also find MSC ships to be well decorated and finished to a high standard. Although, I don't rate their food as highly as I do other lines in the first place- I hope Orchestra isn't massively worse on the food front compared to other MSC ships I've been on.

If you don't already have a drinks package maybe that will help improve your experience?! :)

I intend to post a few times after I've boarded (I've committed to updating another thread about the cabin) - so hopefully I'll be able to give you something positive to look forward to before your cruise.

We sail in April, so looking forward to your reviews. We have sailed this ship previously and enjoyed it. It was about 2 years ago. I recall the pizza and pasta being quite good on the lunch buffet (as has been the case on our other MSC cruises).

We will also be on Orchestra in a little over 2 weeks (March 8-18). I have also read the negative reviews but I'm not going to let them influence me. I am going with the attitude that we will have an amazing and unforgettable time. Food is subjective and what one person hates another will love. With so many choices you can always find something that you'll like. We won't starve for sure.

The ship will be beautiful and the crew will treat you with the same respect and kindness that you give them. So what could be bad? Getting so excited!!

We sailed Orchestra from Venice to Dubai a few years ago and had a great time, cannot recall any food issues over the course of the cruise.

No matter what cruise line, there will always be items of food that some people do not like whereas others will love it.

Looking at the daily photos being posted on my FB page by my friend who is the house keeping Manager they weather has mostly been behaving itself.

One of his photos from Katakolon.

27655171_401031350321379_6642533959187408841_n.jpg?oh=35412e147d64aa95756706ee67fb6824&oe=5B4C2F67

I've just read horrible reviews about Orchestra. :( We leave in two weeks. Please, tell me there is something good about this ship?! lol Mostly it sounds like the food is horrible - is there anything that is less horrible?! Anything positive we can say? Throw me a line here.... ;p

I'm clinging to the ports being amazing. But it'd be so nice if there was something, anything positive about the ship itself!

Here is my , hopefully balanced, review of my 28 day cruise on Orchestra

Link to review

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=270&t=11371

I hope this helps relieve the concern you have

Pete

Aboard Orchestra now in Barcelona. Although it’s early days, there is nothing of concern come to light so far. In fact, it was one of the quickest ever embarkations I have experienced. On the ship in under half an hour. Cabin was ready by 12:30pm and luggage arrived about an hour ago. Not a cloud in the sky so here’s hoping we sail off into smooth waters (both litereally and metaphorically!). Buffet for lunch was fine. Hopefully I am able to upload some cabin pics shortly. I don’t think I’ll have the discipline to do a live review but will help with any specific questions whilst on board if I can and I’ll do a proper write up on my return. :D

Aboard Orchestra now in Barcelona. Although it’s early days, there is nothing of concern come to light so far. In fact, it was one of the quickest ever embarkations I have experienced. On the ship in under half an hour. Cabin was ready by 12:30pm and luggage arrived about an hour ago. Not a cloud in the sky so here’s hoping we sail off into smooth waters (both litereally and metaphorically!). Buffet for lunch was fine. Hopefully I am able to upload some cabin pics shortly. I don’t think I’ll have the discipline to do a live review but will help with any specific questions whilst on board if I can and I’ll do a proper write up on my return. :D

Hope you have a wonderful cruise, CJ! Bon Voyage! :)

PS - You've made the right decision not to do a 'Live' report - it takes up valuable vacation time.

Great to hear, have a fantastic cruise :)

Can you confirm your are an Aurea Suite? Cabin 15031? Just looking to compare to our booking.

Edited by CruisingFox27

Hope you have a wonderful cruise, CJ! Bon Voyage! :)

PS - You've made the right decision not to do a 'Live' report - it takes up valuable vacation time.

Thanks Bea. The safety drill rudely interrupted my postings. Yes I was really grateful for your live review but I am relying on mobile data amd uploading photos remotely is a pain. A few more pictures below. I will check the thread for questions when we hit Tenerife on Wednesday. a14dabcf38e5b8b34bccbcc1881494e2.jpga21bf67369628d7ec3008428f9cd1830.jpg0d4222dbc3f1440b2bc4f0ad1eccf3fc.jpg2fb07f4add18d1aa7256feba85f48910.jpg65e31d24f37b2e6f2d7a83ff9a2ff048.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Great to hear, have a fantastic cruise :)

Can you confirm your are an Aurea Suite? Cabin 15031? Just looking to compare to our booking.

Sorry that was a typo, pitfalls of posting from a phone. It's actually 15013, but yes it's an S3 Aurea Suite. :)d32f1aaf063fc1a0b24f2a66ae3b1dc7.jpg

I was hoping so, that's our cabin too :D
Excellent stuff. Plenty of storage space etc. Not visibly worn, new carpet and newish sofa. Only slight issue so far is one of the cupboards haven't been emptied of some rubbish left by the previous guests (below). Not a big deal but I wouldn't be balanced if I didn't mention it - and obviously it won't be there by the time you sail! My one real concern prior to sailing was possible noise from the Top 16 sun deck directly above. As it's windy up there today it's been empty, so I can't really judge it for noise. I will have a better idea as the cruise goes on and report back.d21f3fbe75c74caca9318a0182c2e768.jpg

Glad so far so good! I'm so looking forward to our cruise! So that's a suite huh? Looks small! We're in an aurea balcony, I'll have to look online and see if I can tell the difference! I'll try to think of questions before Wednesday!

here you go

SUITE

orch%20suite.jpg

orch%20balcony.jpg

Floor plans to the same scale

Balcony upper image

Suite lower image

orch%20FP.jpg

Edited by Skier52

Arrived in Tenerife this morning, after a rough sea day. Captain announced yesterday due to strong (gusts up to Force 9) winds forecast for Madeira we would not be stopping there and going to Las Palmas instead. Although Funchal is very nice, at least they organised an alternative for us which will be nice and sunny with any luck.

Bit blustery today but it's to brighten up this afternoon. Temperatures have been in the high teens since leaving Barcelona, it's just the breeze that makes things cool on deck. Top 16 deck been shut most of the time due to winds. Food and service so far have been good except a couple of noticeable aberrations which I will cover in more detail later.

Cruising Fox 27 - still no real issues with the cabin, no noise from neighbours or above or below. However when at sea the divider between the balconies rattles, which is annoying at night. If you can engineer something to wedge the gap, bring it with you! Stuffing it with tissues only works so long until they fall out.....0143e2d70cd589370c91623220b389e9.jpg07a4480b8065fe8d7b7afb8467a6bea6.jpg

There's a storm heading for the Bay of Biscay, CJ, which will be having an impact in the region. (We're expecting to be hit tomorrow night!) You're fortunate that you're not in the Med at the moment. Happy Sailings! Hope the sun shines brightly for you.

One of our favourite places to hang out in was La Cantinella wine bar. It also did a very small buffet selection for breakfast and lunch.

Thanks for the heads up. Hope it clears by the time we head back in to Malaga (arriving Saturday). The seas were definitely quite rough with some swells. It's really cleared up since this morning in Tenerife. We like the guitarist at the wine bar. The ship feels full and good atmosphere in all the lounges. Hearing about all the snow back home, and also in Rome. Again hope it's away by the time we get to Rome on Monday.5085270d37e14d4bcf737265b686193c.jpg02fcc831903e56509f819e8055c97c6f.jpg3afbb098afa54e17ee00db4a0b77ec30.jpg

Thanks Captain . I'll get DH on the case to engineer something. Glad you're enjoying the cruise so far. The weather is atrocious here, very worried about our flight tomorrow!

Oh ..... fingers crossed for you, CF - but it's not looking good. :(