How do you take your Bonine?

Cruising for the first time? Our members will have you cruising like a pro in no time! Don't forget to read our 8000 reviews written by first timers just like you!
First Time Cruisers
You May Also Want to Read: Over 9,000 Published Cruise Reviews by First Time Cruisers

Best advice for first-time cruisers; learn how to pick a cabin, find the best cruise bargain, tips on what to pack.

Browse Cruise Critic's First Time Cruiser Resources (articles)
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:50 PM.
Washington, GA
4,376 Posts
Joined Apr 2006
I take one in the morning just as a precaution. As with pain, if you wait till the condition is dire it will take the meds longer to work. The instructions say to take several hours before your flight or cruise.

I also give my Beverage Package quite a workout and the pill has no effects with that. It doesn't make me sleepy; I take the generic meclizine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
California, SF east bay
937 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
The people at Bonine say: Dosage should be taken one hour before travel starts. Adults and children 12 years of age and over: take 1 to 2 tablets once daily or as directed by a doctor. Among other cautions, they say not to combine it with Alcoholic beverages (Uh oh)
Ocala,FL
8 Posts
Joined Feb 2016
[quote=Elaine5715;54770409]I take one pill in am and one at night, starting before my flight. Letting the chewable kind dissolve under your tongue is is best. Ask at your pharmacy for the "behind the counter" brand.[/quote)

Exactly. I start 24hours before my cruise, and take one chewable tablet morning and night for the duration of the cruise.

I use ginger "chewable" candies as needed.