Rental car - can we pick up at MCO and drop off at Port Canaveral

lasekeye

Use your favorite travel website to compare rates among several agencies.

Besides Costco and AAA you can also search for FLA specific discount codes on some of the WDW sites (all ears, etc.)

All of the agencies in PC/Cocoa Beach offer free shuttle service to/from the port.

Rental rates fluctuate as much or more than air fare - book something you can live with and then keep shopping!

Good hunting! :D

We can’t find a rental agency that will let us pick up at MCO and return the car at Port Canaveral. There has got to be a way to do this!

What has been your experience?

Use P3F as the Avis drop off location.

Shouldn't be hard to do...and if you fiddle around a little you will find that some rental companies do not charge drop off fees within the state of Florida.

Budget is my company of choice and http://mousesavers.com is the site I use to find discount coupons for car rentals in Florida.

We are using Budget next month (reserved through the big box store) for our Oasis cruise from MCO to Cape Canaveral. No problem booking.

One question though, does Budget have a shuttle to the ship or should we plan on Uber/taxi?

We are using Budget next month (reserved through the big box store) for our Oasis cruise from MCO to Cape Canaveral. No problem booking.

One question though, does Budget have a shuttle to the ship or should we plan on Uber/taxi?

Budget has a shuttle.

Ok, now we have found some that will let us pick up at MCO and drop off at Port Canaveral with a shuttle to the ship, but boy...are they expensive. Almost double comparing renting and returning to MCO.

Need to keep looking I guess.

Ok, now we have found some that will let us pick up at MCO and drop off at Port Canaveral with a shuttle to the ship, but boy...are they expensive. Almost double comparing renting and returning to MCO.

When do you cruise? :confused: Rental rates vary more than crazy airfares - book something now that you can live with and then keep shopping. ;) Rates typically fall as your dates get closer and managers look at unsold inventory - then rise just before your dates as they try to squeeze last minute travelers.

Yup. One way rentals are expensive. Our 1 day next month is $81. And that was the best we could find! Good luck.

If you concerned about rental costs, how about a shared shuttle van or bus for as little as $14 per person? Then you do not have to deal with car shuttles either. Especially if you fly in on the morning of your cruise.

How many people in your party?

Great comments everyone, thanks.

There will be just 2 of us and we are sailing December 8, 2018....I know it’s far into the future, but we are trying to figure out a budget.

We will prob return the rental car to MCO and catch a shuttle to the port, but we will continue looking in another couple months. We are so early, the airlines don’t even have schedules yet!

We did the BUDGET from Orlando airport and over to Cocoa Beach. We stayed in Cocoa a few days, and did some trips with the Budget Rental. On cruise day, the Budget drop off is just a short hop from the Cruise Terminal. Make sure you get the dropoff on Atlantic ( I think this is the name of the major street)...they got a shuttle that runs you over to the port. Very quick n easy. Going back to Orlando airport we used CORTRANS shuttle ( we've done this for about 4 or 5 times). ...picked us up at terminal and off to Orlando airport $ 20/each.

We are leaving this Sunday to Orlando, have a car rental through National for a week. Pick up at MCO ,stay at Disney, then drive to Port Canaveral on Sunday Jan 28th for the Oasis cruise. We drop the car off at the National site in Port Canaveral and they shuttle you to the ship ( not far). The weekly rate is higher with the drop off in Port Canaveral but so more convenient and easy to do. This is at least the third time we have done this with National. A one day rental cannot be more than $70 plus or minus.

We haven't booked it yet but are looking at Hertz because they have a drop off location in cape canaveral where a few of the hotels are and close to port. Instead of the shuttle we are thinking about just getting a taxi from the hotel to the port. This way we can leave when we want and not have to wait on a shuttle.

I actually just booked my rental cars for next month out of Port Canaveral. Check the third party travelsites...I used the one that starts with P and ends with line for the rental from the airport to the port. It was a good $40 cheaper than the rental car agencies and the car will be from Hertz. For the return, I booked directly through Alamo since they were the cheapest. All together it's $130 for the 2 one way rentals which I found to be very reasonable.