Post-cruise - spending a day in Miami with luggage then to MIA for flight at 10pm

cruisepro19

Hi All,

We are 2 adults who are departing a cruise in mid-February in the Port of Miami . We are looking for a good way to spend the day in Miami or Miami Beach followed by getting to the airport in the evening. We need to find a fairly cost effective way to:

- depart Port of Miami and take a taxi or something to wherever we are spending time

- keep our luggage for the day in a safe location

- would like to possibly relax by a pool and/or beach if possible

- food options on-site or nearby

- a place to change into our swimsuits and out of our swimsuits

- depart location where we are spending time back to MIA

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We would like to spend a fun day in Miami without the stress of a "departure" day and don't want to feel like we waste the day by just killing time.

Thanks all in advance for your suggestions, feedback, and expertise.

We have the same issues when we return also. Our flight is out of MIA at 8:30 pm, we are also looking at ideas for the day. I think we are going to rent a car for the day, some of the rental companies have shuttles from POM to airport to pick up a car, still doing some research, but looks like our best option. Good luck!!

You have options:

1. Taxi/Uber to MIA, pay to store your bags there, and then use the Airport Flyer bus (about $3 each) to get to South Beach - lunch, drinks, people watching, art deco architecture, beach etc.

2. Taxi/Uber to South Beach and pay to store your bags at the Luggage Lounge and then you are free to explore

http://www.luggageloungemiami.com

3. Find a large hotel/resort and pay for a day pass - tip them to store your bags while you enjoy their pool and other facilities. http://www.resortpass.com

4. Some hotels offer day rates - you are more likely to find these during the off season and closer to the airport http://www.between9and5.com is one source to check

5. Rent a car for the day, put your bags in the trunk, and then you are free to explore and go where you want - National, Alamo, Thrifty and Enterprise offer free shuttle service between POM and their MIA airport locations

Have a great cruise and please post back on what options you chose and how it worked out. :D

I just reserved a mini van with Alamo for $32.56 including fees and taxes for the day with a complimentary shuttle from POM to the car rental office. After much research, this was the best option that we found for our group of 5. I also spoke with luggage lounge, and that also seems like a good option. I was told it would be $10 per suit case, $5 per carry on and they will pick up the luggage at the port, for an extra $20 they will deliver it to the airport for your flight also. This does not include transportation for people but they can offer a quote for that also. Hope this helps.

You have options:

1. Taxi/Uber to MIA, pay to store your bags there, and then use the Airport Flyer bus (about $3 each) to get to South Beach - lunch, drinks, people watching, art deco architecture, beach etc.

2. Taxi/Uber to South Beach and pay to store your bags at the Luggage Lounge and then you are free to explore

www.luggageloungemiami.com

3. Find a large hotel/resort and pay for a day pass - tip them to store your bags while you enjoy their pool and other facilities. www.resortpass.com

4. Some hotels offer day rates - you are more likely to find these during the off season and closer to the airport www.between9and5.com is one source to check

5. Rent a car for the day, put your bags in the trunk, and then you are free to explore and go where you want - National, Alamo, Thrifty and Enterprise offer free shuttle service between POM and their MIA airport locations

Have a great cruise and please post back on what options you chose and how it worked out. :D

Thank you for this! I hadn't ever heard of the day pass option before and as our flight post-cruise won't leave until nearly 10pm, that's a great option (and will likely end up being cheaper than storing luggage or renting a car).

You have options:

www.luggageloungemiami.com

3. Find a large hotel/resort and pay for a day pass - tip them to store your bags while you enjoy their pool and other facilities. www.resortpass.com

4. Some hotels offer day rates - you are more likely to find these during the off season and closer to the airport www.between9and5.com is one source to check

Thank you JohninDC, those are some great suggestions. We are currently researching all 3 of these options to see what we what to do. We will be sure to report back once we decide.

Thank you again for your suggestions and insight, it is greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...
Hi All,

We are 2 adults who are departing a cruise in mid-February in the Port of Miami . We are looking for a good way to spend the day in Miami or Miami Beach followed by getting to the airport in the evening. We need to find a fairly cost effective way to:

- depart Port of Miami and take a taxi or something to wherever we are spending time

- keep our luggage for the day in a safe location

- would like to possibly relax by a pool and/or beach if possible

- food options on-site or nearby

- a place to change into our swimsuits and out of our swimsuits

- depart location where we are spending time back to MIA

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We would like to spend a fun day in Miami without the stress of a "departure" day and don't want to feel like we waste the day by just killing time.

Thanks all in advance for your suggestions, feedback, and expertise.

What did you decide to do? We will be there for the day after the Glory on 5/5 and looking at all the options:)

I know this poster has already cruised but my husband and I spent last Sunday-Tuesday at The Richmond Hotel and there were several cruisers there on day passes. They were day drinking by the pool and all had 9PM flights.

No idea of the price.

I know this poster has already cruised but my husband and I spent last Sunday-Tuesday at The Richmond Hotel and there were several cruisers there on day passes. They were day drinking by the pool and all had 9PM flights.

No idea of the price.

Thanks, I'll check it out!