Two Scooters in inside cabin?

debnBG2018

I think we are in trouble. 😂*

We are booked on Carnival Triumph inside cabin 4A( a fabulous Christmas gift from my* "sister's"* son!)* But we also need 2 scooters to even begin to get around the ship.* TA is still trying to obtain accessible cabin for bathroom needs. Since we board in 18 days, not sure it will happen.

*From my reading, how will we ever fit* 2 of the scooters in the room?

Also, if we can't get accessible cabin, can we still request a shower stool?

My only cruise was several years ago on RC in a mini suite balcony and space was not a problem! First cruise for my sweet bff.. Does anyone have advice for our delimma,please?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

1. You will need to measure your scooters to make sure you can actually get them through the door. The doorways are 22" wide, but that includes the width of the door itself, leaving about 20" of actual clearance.

2. It will be very tight with 2 scooters in the room. To maximize space, have the beds configured as twins, but you will still be stepping over and through scooters to get around the cabin. It may be doable.

3. Don't forget that scooters cannot be left in the hallway :)

4. You can still request a shower stool, and should probably do so now, rather than later. They have been known to run out of them.

5. Make sure that your TA has completed the Special Needs form for you and make sure that they are contacting the Special Needs Department, not just Carnival in general.

I hope that this all works out for you!

I think we are in trouble. 😂*

We are booked on Carnival Triumph inside cabin 4A( a fabulous Christmas gift from my* "sister's"* son!)* But we also need 2 scooters to even begin to get around the ship.* TA is still trying to obtain accessible cabin for bathroom needs. Since we board in 18 days, not sure it will happen.

*From my reading, how will we ever fit* 2 of the scooters in the room?

Also, if we can't get accessible cabin, can we still request a shower stool?

My only cruise was several years ago on RC in a mini suite balcony and space was not a problem! First cruise for my sweet bff.. Does anyone have advice for our delimma,please?

Even with beds set up as twins 2 mobility scooter will most likely not fit into an inside cabin. Below is the diagram of a Carnival Triumph standard 4A cabin as you can see there is no space to store two mobility scooters that would leave any space to safely move about the cabin. The entire room including the bathroom is 185 sq. ft.

1_30_flr_4A_4B_4C_4D_4E_4F_4H_4G_4H_150.png

Per SOLAS (Safety of Life at Seas) mobility scooters cannot be stored in the hallway as it impedes the safety of others . Even if the cabin attendant tells you it's OK it's not. There are others on this forum like me that will report it to the Ship's Security and have it removed.

Thanks so much for the encouragement ! We are determined to make this work somehow. I have been trying to find pictures of cabin 1249 on the Triumph, but nothing so far.

Perhaps you didn't read Post #3 in which I placed an actual diagram of the Carnival Triump 4A standard inside cabin. Based on the room layout it's really quite iffy if two scooters will fit.

Sorry, i must have typing at the same time as you. I thought they would go at end of each twin bed. SNAS quotes 38.8 x 21 x 36 for each scooter.

Somethings wrong with the measurements from SNAS. It appears that SNAS has not updated it's info. SNAS has swapped out most of its rental inventory to the Pride GoGo Sport which is 42" in length and 21.5" in width,

The only plug is at the desk so even if both fit you need to be aware that there will be a trip/fall hazard being that the a cord will have to cross the floor to reach the desk.

FYI - a standard twin bed is 39" wide. Hope it works out for you !

It happened to us on one cruise. We had the steward put our beds in an “L” shape. It was tight, but worked. Also, if there is any unnecessary furniture in the cabin, ask to have it removed.

Have a wonderful cruise,

Betty

Hi Betty,

The L Shape bed confiquiration also has worked for me at times. However based on the actual diagram of a Carnival Triumph Standard 4A Cabin in my post # 3 of this thread, it appears that the OP may not have enough room to place the beds in a L shape. Regretably the room that the OP is very small with little floor space as well as no extra furniture to remove. OP can always try.

Pat

Will yours scooters come to pieces, I had to do this once with mine in a very small cabin. it is a bit of a nuisance but better than not going on your cruise, if you take one or both apart you may be able to fit some bits under the bed and pile other bits on top on each other.

• Like 1

We did 2 scooters in a inside cabin. Not going to lie, it was tight. We had folding scooters so we would collapse them each time not in use and put in the shower for storage. It was not easy, but it worked and we enjoyed our cruise and would do again if we needed to.

We did 2 scooters in a inside cabin. Not going to lie, it was tight. We had folding scooters so we would collapse them each time not in use and put in the shower for storage. It was not easy, but it worked and we enjoyed our cruise and would do again if we needed to.

OP's scooter do not fold thus the reason it most likely won't work. OP is renting scooters from Special Needs at Seas which are either the Pride GoGo ELite Traveler or the Pride GoGo Sport so it wil

So resigning myself to fact that 2 scooters is no go. I have my recently purchased rollater for myself but bff will still need scooter and cane. My question now is what options would we have on the piers in port at Couzemel and Progresso. I know we can get wheelchair assist in New Orleans. Is there wheelchair assist at the ports in mexico? We aren't attempting any excursions but would like get off the ship for a couple of hours to shop .

My heart goes out to you. I know the dilemma you are facing. I just went through a similar issue and I contacted the special needs people for NCL. I asked if it was possible to have my scooter taken away each night and charged and brought back to me in the morning or my husband would go a fetch it somewhere. They told me that it was possible and to ask the cabin attendant to take it every night and store it and charge it.

My advice to you is to call the Special Needs for your cruise line and ask them directly. They may be able to find a solution to your space problem and I wish you luck.

So resigning myself to fact that 2 scooters is no go. I have my recently purchased rollater for myself but bff will still need scooter and cane. My question now is what options would we have on the piers in port at Couzemel and Progresso. I know we can get wheelchair assist in New Orleans. Is there wheelchair assist at the ports in mexico? We aren't attempting any excursions but would like get off the ship for a couple of hours to shop .

as general rule they do not provide assistance at ports save their own private ones. that being said, on our recent visit to Costa Maya, one of the lifeguards spent his day ferrying people via wheelchair down the exceedingly long pier to the main entrance of the shopping area. but there is also a little tram that runs up and down the pier as well( not really HA although you may be able to schlep a folded rollator on board). never been to Progresso and Coz is my least favorite port ever so we never get off. all you can do is ask at guest services once you board . but doubtful since the wheelchairs on board cannot be taken off the ship

Wheelchair assistance is only provided by Carnival on Embarkation Day and Disembarkation Day. It's provided on a first come first serviced basis. On embarkation day go inside the terminal and speak to the first Carnival Representative you see and request wheelchair assistance. For disembarkation Day information as to where to meet on the ship for wheelchair assistance will be posted in the newsletter left in your cabin the night before or you can inquire at Guest Services for the location.

Carnival does not provide wheelchair assistance during the cruise which includes port days. If you need wheelchair assistance on Port days you need to bring a wheelchair or rent one from either www.Scootaround.com or www.Specialneedsatsea.com .This is all stated on Carnival's website.

It's also important for you to know that if any port requires the use of Tender it's at the final decision of the Captain if any passengers with mobility limitations will be allowed to board the tender. Though sea and wind conditions may be acceptable to safely board the tender initially, forcasted conditons expected for the return tender ride to back to the ship may make re-boarding a tender to return to the ship unsafe. Safety restrictions do not allow the crew to carry passengers on/off the tende. Safety restrictions prohibit crew from carrying individuals on or off the tenders.

as general rule they do not provide assistance at ports save their own private ones. that being said, on our recent visit to Costa Maya, one of the lifeguards spent his day ferrying people via wheelchair down the exceedingly long pier to the main entrance of the shopping area. but there is also a little tram that runs up and down the pier as well( not really HA although you may be able to schlep a folded rollator on board). never been to Progresso and Coz is my least favorite port ever so we never get off. all you can do is ask at guest services once you board . but doubtful since the wheelchairs on board cannot be taken off the ship

Carnival does not provide wheelchairs for use during the cruise and or getting off at ports of call. This is all stated on Carnival's Website. OP and his/her cruise partner have to either bring a wheelchair or rent one prior to the cruise. Carnival's inventory of wheelchairs on board the ship is assigned to the Medical Facility for medical emergencies only.

My heart goes out to you. I know the dilemma you are facing. I just went through a similar issue and I contacted the special needs people for NCL. I asked if it was possible to have my scooter taken away each night and charged and brought back to me in the morning or my husband would go a fetch it somewhere. They told me that it was possible and to ask the cabin attendant to take it every night and store it and charge it.

My advice to you is to call the Special Needs for your cruise line and ask them directly. They may be able to find a solution to your space problem and I wish you luck.

OP here's the information to contact Carnival's Access Team directly to inquire about the scooter being stored elsewhere on board each night. Guest Access team at 1-800-438-6744

• 1 year later...

I thought I read here some time ago that you could no longer rent a recliner...  The inside I had on Diamond would easily hold two scooters and a recliner.  May be cruise line specific.  What type HC cabin do you have?  EM

Princess told me they could but depends on port.  We will be going from San Francisco. Not going until 2021 so have not booked yet.  Will be booking balcony HC cabin as soon as cruise dates are published.  But with additional rental costs, did not want the additional cost of mini suite of not necessary.

Because of the door vs scooter width problem, every accessible cabin I have seen is situated at hallway intersections or elevator mezzanine. Scooter must have straight on shot at cabin entrance. If at mid hallway, you have to steer the front of the scooter into doorway then physically lift and move the rear to align with doorway

45 minutes ago, jlp20 said:

Because of the door vs scooter width problem, every accessible cabin I have seen is situated at hallway intersections or elevator mezzanine. Scooter must have straight on shot at cabin entrance. If at mid hallway, you have to steer the front of the scooter into doorway then physically lift and move the rear to align with doorway

I’ve had a few accessible cabins that don’t have that benefit and the turn becomes highly problematic, even in a power chair.