We're back, it's rick & ron on the ss mariner--miami to san francisco (april 18,2018)

CruisetheCs: I can tell you being n the ship in my suite that just isn't true, if Regent would like they can ring by doorbell and I can take them on a tour of our suite. I was hoping too, however the layout is great. Also for this suite the deck is really small (I mean small).

Service- so far great, Suite Stewards really great and friendly. The Butler pretty good, had room dining tonight everything just right,.

Hi Ronrick,

Thanks so much for posting and taking us along on this cruise. I'm really sorry to hear about the sorry state of your suite...For what you pay for a named suite on any Regent ship I would expect fresh and updated furnishings....chairs that are dirty and worn would be a real bummer. When you say that one of the bathrooms has a shower curtain, is that the only bathroom (or only shower)? Suite furnishings notwithstanding, I'm hoping you have a glorious experience!

RonRick - so sorry to hear about all the nasty events on your flights to Miami AND on top of it a shoddy suite for which you have paid a lot. That is just not on. I would love to know what Regent has to say about it! (though the flight debacle wasn't their fault...

Shower CURTAIN ?? You must be joking! (But you aren't, I know)

Hope the cruise is a lot better than the run-up to it. Will look forward to your posts...and thank you in advance.

I've just joined Cruise Critic specifically to follow this blog! We will be sailing on the Mariner in July in Alaska and it will be our first "luxury" cruise.

I've tried to discern through Regent's advertising the extent of suite refurbishments, but the only thing that seems to be specifically noted is new bedding. It hasn't been clear to me that suites were entirely refurbished.

In any case, we are experienced travelers and know that nothing, not matter how much you pay, will ever be perfect. We are just really looking forward to our dollars going towards a peaceful, grownup, reduced-hassle cruise and appreciate that ronrick1943 is someone who enjoys the cruising itself.

Day #2 Cruising the Atlantic Ocean

Today is a new day. Got up around 9AM this morning to coffee and rolls all set up ready tobe enjoyed. Had to think were we justcranky the other day about the condition of chairs in the living room. No! They took them away and are having them redone, so it’s not us. They tell us they will be returned tomorrowrecovered.

This morning went to the Meet & Mingle party from Regentand Cruise Critic. Sad as only 3 couplesshowed up. Regent did an outstandingjob. I think if you are going to sign upyou should go. With such low turnout,Regent could stop them. However we metsome very nice people. Also got to spendabout 30 minutes with Captain Serena she’s a really a nice person—enjoyed thevisit. Other staff attended, very niceand full of information. People thatdidn’t show really missed something special.

Internet and the wifi connection is good as we see it, noproblems and does what we need it for. Ifar as we’re concern it does it job for our needs. Photos, yes we’re taking some, however we’renot competent enough to post them. We’llfigure it out soon. Going from PC toCruise critic anyone have suggestions?

Lunch at the grill by the pool was very good with super goodservice. Coffee Connection; no French press coffee, no regular coffeeunless you get it from a machine. Regentneeds to work on that. The space is niceand the service is good.

Compass Rose for dinner tonight. Had a great table, food was good and greatservice. What else can you say—plus theroom is really nice, has a good feel without feeling like you’re in a big room.

The show tonight, we just looked in because we were late asdinner was long (but we wanted it that way). What little we saw was good—we’ll be sure to go to the next productionshow.

We really like this suite, the size and layout is good. Once we get the chairs back could be perfect. Even though Regent moved fast once they sawthe condition of the chairs, should have been done before any guest set foot inthis suite. Except for the smalldeck—but we’ll get use to it.

Sailing is really smooth and we’re in the front of theship. That’s all for today, nothingspecial—but that’s what we like, just good times and a lot of doing nothing……………….Anothersea day, yea!

Day #2 Cruising the Atlantic Ocean

Today is a new day. Got up around 9AM this morning to coffee and rolls all set up ready to be enjoyed. Had to think were we just cranky the other day about the condition of chairs in the living room. No! They took them away and are having them redone, so it’s not us. They tell us they will be returned tomorrow recovered.

This particular experience is exactly the Regent we know and appreciate. That responsive, "put it right" attitude to a situation which yes, probably ought to have been addressed in advance of your arrival, but which when pointed out is resolved. It took us a while to work it out that, if something isn't to our liking, then we should ask. In every instance, staff members have gone out of their way to ensure it's sorted and where something simply hasn't been available, then explanations have been offered and followed through with ongoing updates and apologies (Sorry, Madam, unicorns are unavailable at this time of the year) With regard to the "luxury" comment (and previous conversations here about what constitutes "luxury") it is this responsive attitude that I would place top of my list. I am confident that every effort is made to ensure my cruise experience is as I hoped it would be. What more can I ask?

There is a probable reason why there was such a small turnout for the M&M, we did not get the usual invite. Had we received it we would have certainly attended. Real shame. Love to meet yous during this cruise.

Z and TB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a probable reason why there was such a small turnout for the M&M, we did not get the usual invite. Had we received it we would have certainly attended. Real shame. Love to meet yous during this cruise.

Z and TB

Sorry, we got ours the day before. We're around the ship, stop us-look for two guys or set a time and place for a drink. What like to meet up as we've seem a lot of your post.

That would be great. The best way to find me is either at the pool bar around threeish or at the Mariner lounge at six every night. I’m usually seated on the right side of either bar.

Good morning all. The sea is a little up and down today, nice weather.

For those that are wondering about booking or cruising Regent, our vote is yes-it's really a great line and your in for a great cruise. I know we've talked about a few problems but nothing that can't be taken care of--I mean life is to short for that. And Regent does listen and take care of what needs to be done.

About "Expectations" that's ridiculous, your expectations should be high and should be met on your Regent cruise. Your cruise is your cruise not somebody else's cruise or opinion of what you should or not expect. And when you pay the price you should not be disappointed. Enjoy your cruise :>)

Our cruise is fine, and having a good time. Rick

Good morning all. The sea is a little up and down today, nice weather.

For those that are wondering about booking or cruising Regent, our vote is yes-it's really a great line and your in for a great cruise. I know we've talked about a few problems but nothing that can't be taken care of--I mean life is to short for that. And Regent does listen and take care of what needs to be done.

About "Expectations" that's ridiculous, your expectations should be high and should be met on your Regent cruise. Your cruise is your cruise not somebody else's cruise or opinion of what you should or not expect. And when you pay the price you should not be disappointed. Enjoy your cruise :>)

Our cruise is fine, and having a good time. Rick

Good to hear that you are enjoying your time on Mariner. Hope the rest of your cruise is relaxing & enjoyable.

Sorry to hear about the issues with your suite, but glad that Regent are addressing them. As with us on the previous cruise, it was not just the snags following the refurb, it was so disappointing that no one appeared to have noticed the issues before we reported them.

Totally agree with your sentiments that guests should have high expectations for a Regent cruise and that the directors, officers, staff & crew should all work to ensure that those expectations are met.

Ronrick, zqueeze can show you how to post pictures. He taught me. And I would like to see before and after of those chairs, though you probably didn't take any before.[/q

Thanks, when we meet up with them we'll ask. I think Ron did take a photo, if so once find out how to post pictures we will. But the chairs have been redone and look really good. I really can't believe they have a person that can do this on the ship. But they do and all is good in the suite.

Just a FYI because I read your post---the service is on spot every place we go. Also the Compass Rose really looks great. Tonight we go to French, will let you know later.

That would be great. The best way to find me is either at the pool bar around threeish or at the Mariner lounge at six every night. I’m usually seated on the right side of either bar.

OK, we'll look for you tomorrow evening. R&R

RonRick, below are some easy to follow instructions on posting photos if u use an Apple product, IPhone or IPad...hope they help and we are enjoying your on board post...continue to have terrific time on our fav Regent ship.

We use an Ipad and the appTapatalkto post pictures on our Silversea or Regent cruises. Ipad photoposting101 steps: a. Go to Apple App Store--search forTapatalkapp, download, then open b. Search and open Cruise Critic, c. go to CC Forums Silversea or Regent board. Now you are ready to post yourphotostaken on your Ipad (this turnkey photopostingworks with Ipad not Camera's) As far as I know, with Camera pix you still need to use a 3rd party photo hosting site, d. click open a silversea or regent thread (e.g. Live Spirit from Ft. Lauderdale to Lisbon or Regent thread of your choice). e. you will note a box at bottom of thread displayed on your ipad that says write a reply. compose your reply. f. You will note on the left of the reply box a + in a circle--touch this circle. g.five icons will show up (camera, moutain tops/photos (touch this second icon). h.once touched it will take you to your ipadphotos, touch the photo (alas withtapatalkyou can only download one pix at a time and for cc only post no more than six pix in a thread. I. after touching the photo,tapatalkapp will listthree sizes (best, medium, small) ccr's have found when wifi is working well, medium is best to use for pix.However, if wifi is slow, u may want to choose small (download is faster). Viola your img code is now displayed on your reply draft Before I hit reply and use my cursor to make sure I clear the img code (one or two spaces) from the text (makes it easier to read for Silversea cruise critics. Hope this helps and good luck posting--look forward to viewing your cruise snaps.

Presently, do not take our camera with us when we cruise, exclusively use our tablet (Ipad) aspostingpicturesusingthe tablet andtapatalktakes much, much less time to post pictures (tho not the exceptional quality (tho very acceptable) as a superb camera photo thenpostingusinga third party site (e.g, photobucket).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry to bug you about something OT. We come on in San Francisco and are in a Silver Seas Suite. Do you know whether they have the same problem with the furniture?

Sorry don't know the answer to that. Our suite we only had a problem with the chairs and they saw it was wrong when pointed out. Had a fix in a few days. SO I wouldn't worry.

RonRick, below are some easy to follow instructions on posting photos if u use an Apple product, IPhone or IPad...hope they help and we are enjoying your on board post...continue to have terrific time on our fav Regent ship.

We use an Ipad and the appTapatalkto post pictures on our Silversea or Regent cruises. Ipad photoposting101 steps: a. Go to Apple App Store--search forTapatalkapp, download, then open b. Search and open Cruise Critic, c. go to CC Forums Silversea or Regent board. Now you are ready to post yourphotostaken on your Ipad (this turnkey photopostingworks with Ipad not Camera's) As far as I know, with Camera pix you still need to use a 3rd party photo hosting site, d. click open a silversea or regent thread (e.g. Live Spirit from Ft. Lauderdale to Lisbon or Regent thread of your choice). e. you will note a box at bottom of thread displayed on your ipad that says write a reply. compose your reply. f. You will note on the left of the reply box a + in a circle--touch this circle. g.five icons will show up (camera, moutain tops/photos (touch this second icon). h.once touched it will take you to your ipadphotos, touch the photo (alas withtapatalkyou can only download one pix at a time and for cc only post no more than six pix in a thread. I. after touching the photo,tapatalkapp will listthree sizes (best, medium, small) ccr's have found when wifi is working well, medium is best to use for pix.However, if wifi is slow, u may want to choose small (download is faster). Viola your img code is now displayed on your reply draft Before I hit reply and use my cursor to make sure I clear the img code (one or two spaces) from the text (makes it easier to read for Silversea cruise critics. Hope this helps and good luck posting--look forward to viewing your cruise snaps.

Presently, do not take our camera with us when we cruise, exclusively use our tablet (Ipad) aspostingpicturesusingthe tablet andtapatalktakes much, much less time to post pictures (tho not the exceptional quality (tho very acceptable) as a superb camera photo thenpostingusinga third party site (e.g, photobucket).

Thanks, we have PC and no apple phone. Rick

Works basically the same with a PC or Android phone. That’s what we have. You can choose “Post Reply” and then below the body of the message is an area to Attach Files. Just click Manage Attachments and choose your file(s).