Parking - Fulton Garage

jlacy1987

We will be parking at Fulton Garage for our December 2013 NCL cruise. I've found 3 different websites to book this particular garage.

Fulton Garage directly $12/day

Airport Parking Inc. $8/day rooftop

United Airport Parking $8/day rooftop

Which would be the best to book through?

Also, my husband and I (mid 20s - no kids) will each be traveling with a wheeled carry-on bag and backpack. I've read that the shuttle service can be sluggish. We'll arrive at the garage by 11am. When does the shuttle service begin? Would it be quicker for us to just walk to the Juliet St. terminal instead of try and beat the traffic with the shuttle?

Personally...I would pay the $16/day and park at the pier. It is covered, secure, patrolled, and as soon as you park people descend on you to collect your bags. All you have to do is take the elevator up and get on the ship. It does not look like the Fulton will save you that much money to make it worth the extra hassle.

• 2 weeks later...

Julia St. terminal isn't like Erato St that Carnival uses. Erato is the one with all the elevators. It's really a nice arrangement, but NCL doesn't have the same set up.

You can park in the Whale lot (not covered but within walking distance to the terminal) or you can park at one of those other places. I'm not sure how far away the other options are, but I do know that if you are planning to get there around 11AM, you shouldn't have any problems with traffic around the pier.

There was a bit of traffic getting off the interstate, but once we got near the pier, it wasn't that bad.

I don't know much about the other parking arrangements. In November we parked in the Whale lot...Yes we felt a little weird leaving the car in the uncovered lot, but honestly, it ended up being fine. In March we will probably park in the Whale lot again. It wasn't as good as the Erato St. arrangement, but it was easier than having to deal with a shuttle.

I'd call the hotel and ask if they have any cruise parking arrangement available. Some of them do. We live near enough to NOLA that we don't have to stay in a hotel pre-cruise.

Maybe someone else can give you info on parking arrangements closer to the Quarter. I'm sure there are some, but I wouldn't know where to start!

How much was parking at the Whale lot, and did you consider that to be a safe / secure option? Otherwise, we are thinking of parking our car at the Fulton garage - rooftop for $8 a day, and staying at the Intercontinental on St. Charles? I haven't read much about that hotel yet, so we still have some research to do before booking. Thoughts?

I'm glad I ran across this thread. I thought the fulton street parking site was the only game in town :o! They require at least a 4 day reservation and we only wanted parking for the two days we are in NOLA. We are booked on Carnival and it is just so much easier to park in their garage. I just sent an email to the airport parking site to see if they require more than two days for a reservation.

If I had to pick between the whale lot or the fulton garage, I would take the garage. There is a member on here that walked from that garage to their hotel (Hilton) and then walked to the port via that lot. I would imaging that if you can walk through the lot to get to port that it is not real secure. I may be wrong though.

Have a great cruise!

Just booked the roof at Fulton, including an extra day to save on the $32 valet fee at the hotel....total savings of $82! Now how should we plan on getting to the pier? Our hotel is about as close to the pier as it is to the Fulton garage...a little less than a mile...so it makes no sense to go to Fulton and get on the shuttle. What makes the most sense from the Hampton downtown...bus, cab, streetcar or walk? The hotel does not have a shuttle.

We're thinking of doing the same thing, and maybe leaving our big bags in the car overnight. That's why I am trying to make sure the ramp is secure enough to leave luggage in, to avoid having to unload everything at the hotel, and then somehow get to the port. I was thinking leave the large bags, and walk back to the ramp to grab their shuttle the morning of the cruise. Has anyone done this? Is it safe to leave luggage in cars there overnight?

We're thinking of doing the same thing, and maybe leaving our big bags in the car overnight. That's why I am trying to make sure the ramp is secure enough to leave luggage in, to avoid having to unload everything at the hotel, and then somehow get to the port. I was thinking leave the large bags, and walk back to the ramp to grab their shuttle the morning of the cruise. Has anyone done this? Is it safe to leave luggage in cars there overnight?

Hmmm...not a bad idea...if we left the bags in the car we could walk the distance without carrying luggage...then take the shuttle to the pier. I would think it is safe to leave luggage...the garage is attended during the day and locked at night. Can anyone who has used the garage comment if you think this is a good idea?

Just booked the roof at Fulton, including an extra day to save on the $32 valet fee at the hotel....total savings of $82! Now how should we plan on getting to the pier? Our hotel is about as close to the pier as it is to the Fulton garage...a little less than a mile...so it makes no sense to go to Fulton and get on the shuttle. What makes the most sense from the Hampton downtown...bus, cab, streetcar or walk? The hotel does not have a shuttle.

I would say a streetcar. It looks as though one passes directly in front of the hotel but I am not sure where the stop/pick up spot is. Follow the link below and at the top of the page put the 2 addresses as well as time and date of departure.

http://norta.com/Maps_Schedules/SystemMap/index.html

Beginning address is 226 Carondelet

Destination address is 920 Port of New Orleans Place, New Orleans LA 70130

• 2 weeks later...

We cruised in November of last year & parked at New Orleans Cruise Ship Parking. It was $14.00 a day for covered, gated parking. They take you to your hotel when you arrive as well as pick you up the next morning & take you to the cruise terminal. They also pick you up & take you to your vehicle when you return.

We cruised in November of last year & parked at New Orleans Cruise Ship Parking. It was $14.00 a day for covered, gated parking. They take you to your hotel when you arrive as well as pick you up the next morning & take you to the cruise terminal. They also pick you up & take you to your vehicle when you return.

Really? I did not know this and was trying to figure out the logistics of getting to hotel. Is this something you have to set up ahead of time?

Really? I did not know this and was trying to figure out the logistics of getting to hotel. Is this something you have to set up ahead of time?

Yes, we went to the website & made a reservation. You don't pay for it until you get there though. The man that runs it, Angel, was very nice. We were running a bit late & he called to make sure everything was ok & to make sure we could find the place. They also run a tour service, but we just parked there. The next morning his wife picked us up at the time we asked them to & took us to the terminal. When we got off the ship, we called & they were there within 5-10 minutes. We were very pleased with the service. I think it was $100 plus a tip, but we figured by the time we paid for cans back & forth it would average the same. Plus we didn't have the hassle of having to get cabs!

I registered to share my experiences after returning from a cruise a couple of days ago.

I paid for cruise parking on their web site and after driving for 15 hours and parking at their garage, I was told they would not honor the reservation (even with my receipt). My choice was to pay more than double the daily rate or leave the garage. I found somewhere else to park, which was a major headache.

Mike, the rude manager, tried to scam us for more money, but we did not fall for it. They have not refunded the credit card charge, so now we have to chase down that refund. They are claiming that their web site is not theirs, but run by a third party.

I registered to share my experiences after returning from a cruise a couple of days ago.

I paid for cruise parking on their web site and after driving for 15 hours and parking at their garage, I was told they would not honor the reservation (even with my receipt). My choice was to pay more than double the daily rate or leave the garage. I found somewhere else to park, which was a major headache.

Mike, the rude manager, tried to scam us for more money, but we did not fall for it. They have not refunded the credit card charge, so now we have to chase down that refund. They are claiming that their web site is not theirs, but run by a third party.

Which website did you book through? There are a few that take reservations for Fulton Street garage. We have reservations in a few weeks and hoping we don't come across the same problem.

Yes, we went to the website & made a reservation. You don't pay for it until you get there though. The man that runs it, Angel, was very nice. We were running a bit late & he called to make sure everything was ok & to make sure we could find the place. They also run a tour service, but we just parked there. The next morning his wife picked us up at the time we asked them to & took us to the terminal. When we got off the ship, we called & they were there within 5-10 minutes. We were very pleased with the service. I think it was $100 plus a tip, but we figured by the time we paid for cans back & forth it would average the same. Plus we didn't have the hassle of having to get cabs!

I just called them and they said they would not take us to the hotel, or pick us up from there..to and from the cruise terminal only

What reason did they give for not honoring your reservation?

I just called them and they said they would not take us to the hotel, or pick us up from there..to and from the cruise terminal only

Really? :confused: That's odd. I just made our reservation yesterday & it's just like when we went in November. We will arrive there & they will take us to our hotel, then pick us up in the morning. Did you talk to Angel?

Really? :confused: That's odd. I just made our reservation yesterday & it's just like when we went in November. We will arrive there & they will take us to our hotel, then pick us up in the morning. Did you talk to Angel?

I am not sure who I talked to..they were not very helpful and eager to get off the phone. There are a lot of different phone numbers posted on various websites...which one did you call?

Where is this lot located relative to the Port / Convention Center hotels? If they have the $14 covered, do they also offer the $8 rooftop option that some places have? Thanks for any other information you can provide.

WOW!! If you left at any point within the last week or so I'd be willing to bet that they started price gouging due to the SuperBowl being in town because the garage is located right across from where the convention center (NFL Experience). The price gouging downtown was utterly ridiculous, I would've let you park at my place free of charge if I'd known, I'm always at the port every weekend. I just new some problems would arise when I saw how full the Whale lot was (it's usually never full). Sigh, just a shame.

I parked at Fulton Place Parking 2 weeks ago and had no problems. Made reservations 3 months in advance, printed the email they sent, showed it to the girl at the entrance, and parked. I made my reservations through fulton place parking .com This is the 4th time I have used them with no problems.

I am not sure who I talked to..they were not very helpful and eager to get off the phone. There are a lot of different phone numbers posted on various websites...which one did you call?

I haven't called, just emailed through the website. The total was $100 to park there & have them take us to the hotel & pick us up the next morning. I believe it's $70 for just the duration of the cruise. I looked up the number, it's (504)561-9050, the website is nocruiseshipparking dot com

Where is this lot located relative to the Port / Convention Center hotels? If they have the $14 covered, do they also offer the $8 rooftop option that some places have? Thanks for any other information you can provide.

They are located on Jackson Avenue about 5 minutes from the port. No, they don't offer the rooftop. They do parking & tours. It's a small place really. You could almost miss it if you didn't know it was there.

I haven't called, just emailed through the website. The total was $100 to park there & have them take us to the hotel & pick us up the next morning. I believe it's $70 for just the duration of the cruise. I looked up the number, it's (504)561-9050, the website is nocruiseshipparking dot com

They are located on Jackson Avenue about 5 minutes from the port. No, they don't offer the rooftop. They do parking & tours. It's a small place really. You could almost miss it if you didn't know it was there.

Ahh that explains it. You booked through Manchu Picchu...they offer for an additional $30 an extra night plus transfers to the hotel and then to the ship. I booked through United so my extra day is only $8 but I am responsible for figuring out how to get to the hotel.

Archived