Bed question on Magic

judytata11

The bedding was replaced, probably 10 years ago by now. No, NONE of the big beds separate.

Personal opinion, this is a huge mistake on DCL's part. While I realize that most families like the one large bed, there is a significant minority for whom this does not work. It is just one of the negative factors for DCL when we are considering a cruise.

I really don't understand why DCL didn't maintain (or doesn't put in now) a small number of rooms that have beds that can separate. It's not that big a deal to track on their computers and note on bookings which rooms these are. It would be no different than what we experience with booking an HA cabin--if they are all gone, you need to book another cruise or I guess that you could make a decision that you can live without the dividing ones.

I don't think they have rollaways. If they did, there's no space in an inside cabin for one. If I'm wrong, let me know.

I actually inquired about the ability to put a roll away in an HA room (which is significantly bigger than a standard cabin). The special needs coordinator had to contact the powers that be on the ship. They said they could do it, but wouldn't recommend it as it would take so much space. Sorry, but I interpreted that, based on previous inquiries, as meaning that they might or might not do it, depending on who the hotel manager was during the cruise, and we declined to book the cruise.

Our issue was that my mobility impaired daughter would be in the big bed which does not divide. I, at retirement age, will not climb a ladder to the bunk, and our number 3 weighs too much to use the bunk. A split large bed and the couch flip bed would have met our needs perfectly. We booked Princess instead as they have HA cabins with precisely this set up.

No, I don't think a roll away would fit in a normal cabin at all, even with the coffee table removed.

May I please ask a similar question? We're going to be on Magic in a couple of months (first time on DCL), and my SIL plus teenage niece & nephew have an oceanview booked on deck 1. My TA thought those cabins had bunkbeds for the kids, but does anyone know for sure or do I need to speak to Disney? Thanks in advance!

May I please ask a similar question? We're going to be on Magic in a couple of months (first time on DCL), and my SIL plus teenage niece & nephew have an oceanview booked on deck 1. My TA thought those cabins had bunkbeds for the kids, but does anyone know for sure or do I need to speak to Disney? Thanks in advance!

They will not sell you a room that does not have adequate beds for the number of people booked; the problem comes in when two do not want to share the big bed. There are not "bunk beds" on DCL. Most cabins have the big bed (sleeps 2), a flip couch (this is much more comfortable than a fold out couch), and a ceiling bunk. This is a bed that drops out of the ceiling to make a to bunk. The weight limit on it is 220 pounds. Rooms that sleep 3 do not have the ceiling bunk.

If there are 4 of them and 4 booked in the room, you know there will be sleeping spots for 4. If there are 3 of them, you might want to inquire about the bed arrangements in the specific cabin that they have.