Azura docking in st lucia

lynnek

just wondering if anyone on recent trips to St Lucia can tell me did they dock at Pointe Seraphine? I'm asking as a few friends have been with other cruise lines and not docked there. Wanting to go to Rum Therapy after a morning at the beach.

Two weeks ago, we docked at Port Castries alongside Adonia. Celebrity Summit and Oceania Riviera arrived slightly later and docked at Pointe Seraphine. It was the first time we took the ferry over; no problem. About US$10, I think. Nice to see the vista from a different angle. It probably enhanced our day, rather than spoil it. The Americans had taken over at the karaoke, but the Brits soon saw them off ;). Just remember - if it's really busy, don't wait until the last minute to take the return ferry!

The terminal in the centre of town is the original and main dock, and handles all kinds of vessels. Pointe Seraphine, about 1 minutes walk from town, was a later addition and only caters for cruise ships. Both have bars, restaurants and shopping. P&O ships can use either, with Poine Seraphine predominating. In the (unlikely) event of tendering, you will tender to the city centre.

Edited by Denarius
Addition of extra info

I've been to St Lucia 3 times in the last 3 years and docked every time in town. Really don't like it. I know my friend was on Azura for a month in December / January and they were in town too. If you click on this link and go to the bottom item on the list you can download the St Lucia schedules for the next few months. You can find out where you'll dock. If it's a number it's in town and P-S is obviously Port Seraphine.

http://www.slaspa.com/contentPages/view/cruise-schedules

The terminal in the centre of town is the original and main dock, and handles all kinds of vessels. Pointe Seraphine, about 1 minutes walk from town, was a later addition and only caters for cruise ships. Both have bars, restaurants and shopping. P&O ships can use either, with Poine Seraphine predominating. In the (unlikely) event of tendering, you will tender to the city centre.

Should have read 15 minutes walk!! Sorry

Pointe Seraphine quay is being extended for RCL Quantum Class ships which are scheduled to start visiting soon. The construction work was planned to be completed by end of December, obviously they have overrun. Anthem of the Seas is due there on 3rd. February.

Edited by jody75

I've been to St Lucia 3 times in the last 3 years and docked every time in town. Really don't like it. I know my friend was on Azura for a month in December / January and they were in town too. If you click on this link and go to the bottom item on the list you can download the St Lucia schedules for the next few months. You can find out where you'll dock. If it's a number it's in town and P-S is obviously Port Seraphine.

http://www.slaspa.com/contentPages/view/cruise-schedules

WE were on Azura from 15 December until 13 January and on the first call we were at Port Seraphine and the second call we were docked at the town side - but you can walk around in about 10 minutes or take the water taxi :cool:

just wondering if anyone on recent trips to St Lucia can tell me did they dock at Pointe Seraphine? I'm asking as a few friends have been with other cruise lines and not docked there. Wanting to go to Rum Therapy after a morning at the beach.

WE were on Azura from 15 December until 13 January and on the first call we were at Port Seraphine and the second call we were docked at the town side - but you can walk around in about 10 minutes or take the water taxi :cool: