Champagne on Embarkation Day?

wcsdkqh

You can't officially order a bottle of house wine for free but generally, if you order two glasses of wine per person of the same type who is dining in-room then a full bottle is almost always brought. I almost exclusively drink wine so I typically request wine as one of my in-room bar set ups and the bottle was always replaced when consumed.

I beg to differ. We did not order wine as bar set up and whenever we wanted wine, we would call room service and our stewardess would bring full bottles. Repeatedly.

I think you are referring to what the stewardess brings in embarkation date. When we order wine from "room service" it always comes in a bottle.

Well yes and no- in addition to these there’s the bottle in ice waiting in the stateroom which we never drink on embarkation and always put in the fridge for later. But there are always glasses of champagne everywhere.

Nope, I have never heard of a charge for Nicholas Feuillate champagne on Seabourn either ordered by the glass or bottle, at a bar or via room service. We disembarked Sojourn on 19 March, 2018 so my information is quite current. Anyway, what would be the logic of charging something for a bottle of the freely-poured house champagne? What price would it command?

Happy and healthy sailing!

I beg to differ. We did not order wine as bar set up and whenever we wanted wine, we would call room service and our stewardess would bring full bottles. Repeatedly.
You are missing my point. The bar set up really has nothing to do it with it. I was trying to say that getting in-room bottles of wine is quite easy and there is alcohol everywhere on the ship. I was making two points regarding wine, but not champagne.

1 If you have wine as your in your bar set up is replaced without asking if you consume it all

2 Getting bottles with room service is quite easy when dining just order two glasses per person. It is way more work for the server to pour two glasses and cover them with cling wrap to then deliver them to the room

I cannot speak to just ordering a random bottle, especially the champagne. I didn't hang out in my room that much to require such a request. However, I agree that if I did ring up and ask for the bottle I am sure they would have found a way to accommodate. I don't like the NF champagne, and wouldn't have ordered it anyway. So I defer to your experience on whether the room steward would freely bring unopened bottles of the champagne regularly to cabins.

Champagne is quite limited in the suites, even premium suites but is served at bars by the glass. Other than champagne, if you want a bottle of wine or sparkling wine in your suite, just ask and it will be delivered promptly.