Any other Zumba fans?

Anita Latte

Happy Birthday Kasi I hope you have a fun filled weekend :)

So excited for Zumba tonight but it's hard to hold on to the excitement because I think I'm coming down with a cold :mad: We've had heavy winds coming in from every direction it seems and after going 3 years without getting a single sniffle I think it has finally found me! I'm gonna try and fight through it and take some meds tonight, but I don't want to miss class. I figured if I can make it through work I can make it through class.

Oh, catching a cold is not good, hope you feel better today.

Thanks for your birthday greetings, we had some friends over last night and I´m just now getting started with the new day.

Since I did not make it to Zumba last night, I took the liberty of heading to the gym yesterday which was opened last week.

Has anyone of you every tried a Power Plate? It´s a machine that vibrates and is said to intensify your workout extremly. Well, I just did a 15 minute routine and some cycling and already some muscles seem tired or even sore...

I´ve got to get going, meeting more friends this morning at the Zoo.

Take care.

I searched this thread for discussion of dvds, and found some general posts about using dvds, and questions about them, but could not find any info on which ones get good reviews.

Does anybody have any recommendations?

Thanks!~

I searched this thread for discussion of dvds, and found some general posts about using dvds, and questions about them, but could not find any info on which ones get good reviews.

Does anybody have any recommendations?

Thanks!~

RQ...Sorry. I have only ever watched one Zumba DVD, which is the Cardio Party one that I received at my training. I can't offer comparisons.

Have you tried looking on YouTube to see previews? Reviews?

Zumba Exhilarate is the latest and greatest DVD SET...and it includes many different DVDs. Here is the YouTube channel for that set:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ZumbaExhilarate?feature=watch

There are other previews etc on the Zumba Fitness Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/lovezumba?feature=watch

As for having a recommendation though...this is one topic of discussion that has been repeatedly asked about here, but no-one ever comes back to really talk about the DVDs.

Kasi knows about the game on the Wii though...interested in that?

Hi everyone,

so Anita, Pam, do you have you bags packed?

When are you heading for the port?

I swear I´m short of loosing my temper if anyone else asks me, if we are still going to cruise after the "Allegra incident". One would think it´s the first time that there has been a fire on a ship...

Anyways, I´m heading out to Zumba again tonight :) I hope Annie did not introduce too many new songs in the last two weeks...

I received a wii balance board for my birthday and have been doing some games on it for the last two days, seems to be fun.

Have you tried looking on YouTube to see previews? Reviews?

Zumba Exhilarate is the latest and greatest DVD SET...and it includes many different DVDs. Here is the YouTube channel for that set:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ZumbaExh...?feature=watch

There are other previews etc on the Zumba Fitness Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/lovezumba?feature=watch

As for having a recommendation though...this is one topic of discussion that has been repeatedly asked about here, but no-one ever comes back to really talk about the DVDs.

Kasi knows about the game on the Wii though...interested in that?

I will check out the links. Not interested in Wii, as I don't have the system. Thank you for the info!

I just stumbled on your zumba messages. I love zumba I do it once a week at a church near my house. We just booked a cruise in April and need to kick up my workouts before we go. I have been doing Sean T's Hip Hop Abs. I really like zumba and Hip Hop Abs. The dancing makes the workouts fly by.

Carolyn

I just stumbled on your zumba messages. I love zumba I do it once a week at a church near my house. We just booked a cruise in April and need to kick up my workouts before we go. I have been doing Sean T's Hip Hop Abs. I really like zumba and Hip Hop Abs. The dancing makes the workouts fly by.

Welcome cbergms! I too have been kicking up my workouts for our departure in May.

Do you do Hip Hop Abs in a class or at home with a DVD? I'd never heard of it before but just found it on YouTube - looks good, I can see how it would be effective.

My Monday Zumba class takes up the full sports hall at our local sports centre and it's just getting bigger...and bigger... There must have been more than 100 women there on Monday:eek:. New people come every week. My only problem is that sometimes the less-confident/committed new people will stop dead if they can't follow the move, rather than keep moving. That can't be healthy for them, but also in a crowded hall we're in danger of a Zumba pile-up, like the elephants in the Disney Jungle Book film!:D

Welcome cbergms! I too have been kicking up my workouts for our departure in May.

Do you do Hip Hop Abs in a class or at home with a DVD? I'd never heard of it before but just found it on YouTube - looks good, I can see how it would be effective.

My Monday Zumba class takes up the full sports hall at our local sports centre and it's just getting bigger...and bigger... There must have been more than 100 women there on Monday:eek:. New people come every week. My only problem is that sometimes the less-confident/committed new people will stop dead if they can't follow the move, rather than keep moving. That can't be healthy for them, but also in a crowded hall we're in danger of a Zumba pile-up, like the elephants in the Disney Jungle Book film!:D

I do the Hip Hop Abs on DVD at home. My zumba class fills the gym at the church. The newbies are usually at the back of the gym so I go for the middle to avoid the zumba crash. It's so full I don't get to move as much as I would like.

I just saw the new zumba for the xbox kinect. I might get that next time I'm at the store.

Carolyn

Hi everyone,

so Anita, Pam, do you have you bags packed?

When are you heading for the port?

I swear I´m short of loosing my temper if anyone else asks me, if we are still going to cruise after the "Allegra incident". One would think it´s the first time that there has been a fire on a ship...

Anyways, I´m heading out to Zumba again tonight :) I hope Annie did not introduce too many new songs in the last two weeks...

I received a wii balance board for my birthday and have been doing some games on it for the last two days, seems to be fun.

Bags are not packed but I am in the final stages of the cruise wardrobe planning. I have figured out all my dinner outfits and thus, I was able to know what new undergarments I needed. I went shopping for those today (I HATE bra shopping) and I was successful in finding what I needed. It really is amazing how good foundation garments can have such an impact on the way a dress appears. I put off the bra shopping until the last minute because I have been changing so much.

So...did Annie have a bunch of new routines?

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn, welcome to the Zumba thread. I also love how quickly time flies in Zumba class!

Anita, what ship will you be on? I am a Zumba instructor who will be on the Freedom March 24 cruise and want to teach!!

I am salling on the Mariner of the Seas on March 11. I do not have concrete plans to teach on the cruise. At this moment, I am planning on bringing my qualification and iPod with me and contacting who I need to contact in order to see about reserving the necessary room. There are some other cc members on my roll call that are interested in attending the class, so I need to figure out a way to communication to them. If others find out about the class and show up (likely), that's fine, but I am more concerned with just getting my workout in on vacation. It won't be the same as my teaching schedule but I think it would drive me crazy to go an entire week without doing any Zumba.

I have my first Zumba session Monday. Been hesitant but have hears food things about Zumba. Just hope I can keep up!:confused:

Karen

Hi Karen,

Let's face it. You may have a hard time keeping up! Not because it will be so fast, but because it will be so NEW.

I tell people...I teach salsa, merengue, cumbia, reggaeton, bachata, cha cha, bhangra, bollywood, african inspired, etc etc...all in one class...to songs that you have likely never heard before. The most common first timer reaction to Zumba is "I was so LOST" followed closely with "It was so much fun!" Like any aerobic fitness class...it can take a bit for you to become familiar with the moves that are commonly used. And also, it can take some exposure for you to understand how to read the instructor...that is, to understand when the instructor's movements are a "cue" telling you what to do versus the actual movement that you should be doing...and it can take several times through a song for you to completely understand that when the instructor is tapping her right leg on this particular song, you will do a basic cumbia move...while on that other song...it's a basic salsa move, or cha cha...or whatever.

But the thing is...it isn't that hard to pick up...I know experienced instructors that say you need to attend 3 to 5 times to really get a feel for a class. The first time is exposure, the second time is a refresher, and depending on how much class/dance/musical experience you have, the third through fifth times are when you can really start to put it all together to feel more at ease with the class...to feel less on edge...to relax into following the instructor, listening to the music, and moving your body in unfamiliar ways.

The greatest encouragement I can give you is this...remember all the mottos that Zumba has..."Ditch the Workout, Join the Party"..."Feel Free"..."Feel the Music." Understand that the instructor has prepared something of an idea of movement for you to do to a playlist of songs. It's up to you to interpret what the instructor is doing into something that YOUR body does. You may not move exactly like your instructor...and it isn't important that you do...what is important is that you are MOVING. If you don't want to shake what the instructor is shaking...shake something else! If your instructor does a high impact move...and you don't want to...DON'T. It's important to listen to your body...move as your body wants to move...but ALSO...recognize that repeated Zumba attendance will also result in your body being able to move in more ways than it has before...so eventually, you MAY move more similar to the instructor...KWIM?

Have fun Karen, and be sure and tell us all about it. And remember, Zumba is very instructor dependent, so if you don't enjoy the class itself, know that the instructor has total control of the class...and you may enjoy a different instructors music and routines more.

Its the FORMAT of the class that makes a class a Zumba class. What is the format? The music that is played is supposed to be 70% International/Latin Music/Rhythms with 30% instructor's choice. One rhythm or sound should not dominate the class. Zumba is a MIX. And the songs should have routines such that whenever you hear the chorus, you are doing the same moves...the verses? same moves...for every distinct sound in a song, be it the chorus, verses, pre-chorus, bridge, etc...every time the sound repeats in the song...the moves repeat in the routine. If the class has these two elements, then it is a Zumba class. If you enjoy the format, but not the SPECIFIC music or routines...know that each instructor will play different music and can have different routines. Each instructor just has to follow the above format to adhere to Zumba standards.

Meanwhile...my Saturday classes are getting BIG!! It's very exciting. My director is trying to set my classes up in the larger room at the rec center for next session! YAY!

Meanwhile...life is all about trying to get ready for this vacation, dealing with house prep, and things to prepare for my Zumba classes. So busy, I feel!

Zumba love!

Bags are not packed but I am in the final stages of the cruise wardrobe planning. I have figured out all my dinner outfits and thus, I was able to know what new undergarments I needed. I went shopping for those today (I HATE bra shopping) and I was successful in finding what I needed. It really is amazing how good foundation garments can have such an impact on the way a dress appears. I put off the bra shopping until the last minute because I have been changing so much.

So...did Annie have a bunch of new routines?

Hi Carolyn, welcome to the Zumba thread. I also love how quickly time flies in Zumba class!

I am salling on the Mariner of the Seas on March 11. I do not have concrete plans to teach on the cruise. At this moment, I am planning on bringing my qualification and iPod with me and contacting who I need to contact in order to see about reserving the necessary room. There are some other cc members on my roll call that are interested in attending the class, so I need to figure out a way to communication to them. If others find out about the class and show up (likely), that's fine, but I am more concerned with just getting my workout in on vacation. It won't be the same as my teaching schedule but I think it would drive me crazy to go an entire week without doing any Zumba.

Hi Karen,

Let's face it. You may have a hard time keeping up! Not because it will be so fast, but because it will be so NEW.

I tell people...I teach salsa, merengue, cumbia, reggaeton, bachata, cha cha, bhangra, bollywood, african inspired, etc etc...all in one class...to songs that you have likely never heard before. The most common first timer reaction to Zumba is "I was so LOST" followed closely with "It was so much fun!" Like any aerobic fitness class...it can take a bit for you to become familiar with the moves that are commonly used. And also, it can take some exposure for you to understand how to read the instructor...that is, to understand when the instructor's movements are a "cue" telling you what to do versus the actual movement that you should be doing...and it can take several times through a song for you to completely understand that when the instructor is tapping her right leg on this particular song, you will do a basic cumbia move...while on that other song...it's a basic salsa move, or cha cha...or whatever.

But the thing is...it isn't that hard to pick up...I know experienced instructors that say you need to attend 3 to 5 times to really get a feel for a class. The first time is exposure, the second time is a refresher, and depending on how much class/dance/musical experience you have, the third through fifth times are when you can really start to put it all together to feel more at ease with the class...to feel less on edge...to relax into following the instructor, listening to the music, and moving your body in unfamiliar ways.

The greatest encouragement I can give you is this...remember all the mottos that Zumba has..."Ditch the Workout, Join the Party"..."Feel Free"..."Feel the Music." Understand that the instructor has prepared something of an idea of movement for you to do to a playlist of songs. It's up to you to interpret what the instructor is doing into something that YOUR body does. You may not move exactly like your instructor...and it isn't important that you do...what is important is that you are MOVING. If you don't want to shake what the instructor is shaking...shake something else! If your instructor does a high impact move...and you don't want to...DON'T. It's important to listen to your body...move as your body wants to move...but ALSO...recognize that repeated Zumba attendance will also result in your body being able to move in more ways than it has before...so eventually, you MAY move more similar to the instructor...KWIM?

Have fun Karen, and be sure and tell us all about it. And remember, Zumba is very instructor dependent, so if you don't enjoy the class itself, know that the instructor has total control of the class...and you may enjoy a different instructors music and routines more.

Its the FORMAT of the class that makes a class a Zumba class. What is the format? The music that is played is supposed to be 70% International/Latin Music/Rhythms with 30% instructor's choice. One rhythm or sound should not dominate the class. Zumba is a MIX. And the songs should have routines such that whenever you hear the chorus, you are doing the same moves...the verses? same moves...for every distinct sound in a song, be it the chorus, verses, pre-chorus, bridge, etc...every time the sound repeats in the song...the moves repeat in the routine. If the class has these two elements, then it is a Zumba class. If you enjoy the format, but not the SPECIFIC music or routines...know that each instructor will play different music and can have different routines. Each instructor just has to follow the above format to adhere to Zumba standards.

Meanwhile...my Saturday classes are getting BIG!! It's very exciting. My director is trying to set my classes up in the larger room at the rec center for next session! YAY!

Meanwhile...life is all about trying to get ready for this vacation, dealing with house prep, and things to prepare for my Zumba classes. So busy, I feel!

Zumba love!

Thank you so much for the advice and encouragement! Will keep you posted.

Karen

Hi,

Annie hat 3 new songs and introduced a song to us that uses the zumba weights.

It was a good way to gain a first experience, as I signed up for a Zumba toning trial class next sunday.

I believe I won´´t be able to lift my arms much this time next week :)

I´m using my wii with balance board daily and am hitting the gym again tomorrow. Hopefully all the hard work will show results someday soon.

I know everyone is different, but seeing, that DH manges to loose weight while doing a lot less excersises and eating more is kind of frustrating.

In zwo weeks I´ll be on my cruise, definetly something to look forward to. I´m hoping for sunny days.

Hi,

Annie hat 3 new songs and introduced a song to us that uses the zumba weights.

It was a good way to gain a first experience, as I signed up for a Zumba toning trial class next sunday.

I believe I won´´t be able to lift my arms much this time next week :)

I´m using my wii with balance board daily and am hitting the gym again tomorrow. Hopefully all the hard work will show results someday soon.

I know everyone is different, but seeing, that DH manges to loose weight while doing a lot less excersises and eating more is kind of frustrating.

In zwo weeks I´ll be on my cruise, definetly something to look forward to. I´m hoping for sunny days.

I totally understand and feel your pain as to the bolded part above. Men. Ugh. haha

I've stayed committed to my classes 4 times a week with the exception of today (my son has orientation for middle school :eek: so I'll be missing class today). I feel good after every class, trying to stay positive. I had a major spike in weight 3 lbs and I'm blaming it on the fried foods consumed over the weekend :o but still I'm more dissappointed that I let myself cheat that badly so close to the cruise. Oh well just have to dust myself off and go to the remaining classes I have before our trip :D

I have most of what I think we'll need to pack "listed out" but have not actually packed ANYTHING! But I'll be sure to pack a few workout outfits in hopes that Anita is able to get a room for us to work out and do Zumba in :)

Anita, near the purser's desk I believe there's a bulletin like board where you can tack a card with info to where the class will be, times, etc. Maybe that'd be the best place to notify people?

Recently returned from a 14 day Hawaiian cruise with Princess. They held morning Zumba sessions led by the assistant cruise director EVERY day by the pool (in a club if too cold or wet); again about mid-day (right after the bingo session) a second Zumba session was held in the bar/club led by one of the instructors from the fitness center. Physical limitations prevent me from participating but it was fantastic to watch these "workouts". My friend has lost over 10 pounds and redefined her figure with Zumba at our local gym in the past month. Must be good stuff! ;) Check your daily activity sheet to see if your cruise line is also offering it. NO FEE was charged, open to everyone who wished to join in. :D

Just found this site and this thread! LOVE LOVE LOVE Zumba - lost almost 15 lbs and over 7" in the last 3 months - go 5-6 times a week.

A friend convinced us to book a cruise with them and I would be so sad to not zumba for a whole week!

How do we find out if there is an instructor on the ship? Would love to get together even unofficially and dance!

I'm with you guys. My wife and I are on Radiance of the seas from Hawaii to Vancouver in April. 14 days. Now how to get my Zumba fix?? I go 7 days a week and am down over 30 pounds in the last 3 months. I contacted Royal Caribbean but it's a wait and see with them. They can't confirm Zumba on board. If all else fails I'll take ZIN 38 if it comes in time. Hope to see some of you folks at the Conference in August!!

-Doug

Zumba addict

Just 10 more days to our cruise.

Unfortunately Í can be pretty sure that Costa will not offer Zumba classes, maybe a Latin dance class by the pool on a couple of days, better than none, but nothing to compare to Zumba.

So here´s my vacation plan:

swimming (if pools are heated) daily, if non-heated, once we sail pass Gibraltar.

gym, at least on sea-days

using the stairs as much as possible, since our stateroom is on the lowest level, that will be quite a workout whereever you go.

For relexation I´ve already bought some ebooks, the Hunger Games triology, some romance, and some short-stories should get me through the cruise.

My mp3-player needs new music, that´ll be done this weekend, I plan to put some Zumba music on there, too, so Ladies, if you have any favorite songs, with a hint on how to move to it, please post here, and I´ll do my very own Zumba workout :)

My wardrobe needs checking, that´ll be done during the next week and on the 16th I´ll get everything ready to go *yeah*

I ditched Zumba lst night due to a strom soreness in my muscles from Monday´s workout, but plan to head out for another class tonight.

Hopefully Annie will give me some song names so that I can go music shopping on Itunes.

Take care everyone.

Kasi,

The only hint that I can give you concerning Zumba songs is to try to remember some sort of repetitive phrase that is in the music so that you can put that either into a search engine or into youtube. That's the only way that I've been able to find some of the popular songs. If you ever hear the word "Zumba" in the song, then more than likely the song comes from the Zumba music available to instructors only. Anita can tell you more about that.

So here's a funny visual for you! On one of my cruises, I put my headphones on and did Zumba on my balcony! My balcony neighbors decided to come onto their balcony at some time during my routine. I bet they thought I was a crazy woman, just a-dancin' away on my balcony! I have no idea how it sounded with me stomping away out there. I didn't remember all the moves to any of the songs, but I just moved with the music in the same way that we do in class and it made me feel great!

I know that Carnival aka Princess (and maybe Costa) has embraced Zumba on board their ships. I think that they are rolling out Zumba classes on the Princess line, as a first step. So you might be having Zumba head your way at some point in the future. Royal Caribbean aka Celebrity are hanging back because they don't want to get involved with the licensing, so they're experimenting with the popularity of Latin rhythm classes. It was very funny to go to a salsa class on board a Royal Caribbean ship, recently. It was led by one of the dancers. When he came into the room, he asked if anyone knew salsa and nobody raised their hand. So he showed us a basic salsa move and we all followed very easily. He made some comment and several people shouted out "Zumba!" He laughed. At the end of the class, he said we were the BEST salsa students EVER! Not the same as a Zumba class session, but a lot of fun.

So, I'm down to the last 2 days before I leave for the airport to go to Anita's house to wait for Sunday! Cruise day! Today is full of making sure the wardrobe is completely taken care of. I know! I'm down to the wire here! Tomorrow is just a pampering day, medicure and pedicure. Cleaning out the frig, etc.

Have a happy sailing Kasi!

Kasi,

The only hint that I can give you concerning Zumba songs is to try to remember some sort of repetitive phrase that is in the music so that you can put that either into a search engine or into youtube. That's the only way that I've been able to find some of the popular songs. If you ever hear the word "Zumba" in the song, then more than likely the song comes from the Zumba music available to instructors only. Anita can tell you more about that.

So here's a funny visual for you! On one of my cruises, I put my headphones on and did Zumba on my balcony! My balcony neighbors decided to come onto their balcony at some time during my routine. I bet they thought I was a crazy woman, just a-dancin' away on my balcony! I have no idea how it sounded with me stomping away out there. I didn't remember all the moves to any of the songs, but I just moved with the music in the same way that we do in class and it made me feel great!

I know that Carnival aka Princess (and maybe Costa) has embraced Zumba on board their ships. I think that they are rolling out Zumba classes on the Princess line, as a first step. So you might be having Zumba head your way at some point in the future. Royal Caribbean aka Celebrity are hanging back because they don't want to get involved with the licensing, so they're experimenting with the popularity of Latin rhythm classes. It was very funny to go to a salsa class on board a Royal Caribbean ship, recently. It was led by one of the dancers. When he came into the room, he asked if anyone knew salsa and nobody raised their hand. So he showed us a basic salsa move and we all followed very easily. He made some comment and several people shouted out "Zumba!" He laughed. At the end of the class, he said we were the BEST salsa students EVER! Not the same as a Zumba class session, but a lot of fun.

So, I'm down to the last 2 days before I leave for the airport to go to Anita's house to wait for Sunday! Cruise day! Today is full of making sure the wardrobe is completely taken care of. I know! I'm down to the wire here! Tomorrow is just a pampering day, medicure and pedicure. Cleaning out the frig, etc.

Have a happy sailing Kasi!

Thanks for the visual! lol I actually planned on doing the same thing on my balcony :D I'm sure DH and DS will get a kick out my bouncing around doing the different songs!! haha

I've tried getting with my instructor to get a list of the songs she uses since I'm horrible with titles/artists but yesterday I was able to catch a few song titles by using the "Shazam" app on my iPhone. It's a free app and you just press the button and it *listens* to a few seconds of the song and then up pops the artist and song title and you can even go directly to iTunes to purchase it from that app. We normally go through about 13 or so songs (could be more or less) but I was only able to capture 4-5 songs. I'm going to message her again and see if she can get me the titles before I leave so i can have them for my trip :)

Pam,

I wish you a safe trip to Anita´s and a wonderful cruise, please give my best wishes to the birthday girl :)

I´m getting ready to leave my old job, it´s horrible how much stuff one collects at work...

I´m going to go shopping this saturday as I need a tankini that actually allows you to swim with it and not just sunbath. So looking foward to our vacation.

I hope you all enjoy your cruise and I hope you will post a review here.

Kasi...I wish you all the best as you make your work transition. And I hope that you have a FABULOUS cruise. I swear, one of these days, we all have to cruise together.

Hello and welcome to the newcomers to this thread...I will happily greet everyone individually AFTER my cruise!

Life has felt crazy busy lately as the cruise that has been my incentive, my goal, my far in the future guiding light to keep me on track is NOW. :eek:

So where am I?

Let's see...

TODAY...MY Zumba instructor...the one that I have looked up to...the one whose body I wanted my own version of...the one that created such a great class that I was actually MOTIVATED to exercise...she accompanied me to MY class today...and I was the instructor and she was the student. :D I showed her the ropes for what needs doing to talk to security etc. and be able to teach my corporate classes while I go on vacation next week. And her comment about me today was that I was "the incredible shrinking woman" and that every time she saw me I just kept getting smaller.

I changed after my evening class into a new bra and shirt to meet my family at the tennis club where my DS has a later private tennis lesson...and I put on a sports bra that was among the ONLY ones that I could get to fit me when I first started this journey...and it looks like a halter top it's so big on me now.

I have completely shrunk out of every single bottom (pants, shorts, skirts) that I owned.

I have a clearly defined jaw line!

I am now a woman that is a bit nervous about "losing my stamina" by going on vacation.

I am looking forward to EXERCISE while on VACATION.

I am not scared about all the pictures that will be taken on my vacation.

I am thrilled by my appearance in my new clothes, some purchased specifically for this vacation (formal dress) and some not...

I have developed relationships with several women that serve as motivation and inspiration to keep me going on days that I feel uninspired and definitely NOT motivated to keep going.

I have an EXERCISE SCHEDULE. And I keep it.

I could go on, but I'm getting tired, and I'm pretty excited by what I have been writing thus far...because everything that I am writing indicates that I have made that LIFESTYLE change that "THEY" say needs to occur in order for lasting change to happen.

And I have to say...it THRILLS me NO END when my students call me a BABY because I am ONLY turning 40!! It gives me such hope for my future to think that I may have been able to make some significant changes early enough to significantly affect my quality of life in the years to come.

I haven't yet played with my playlists to put together options for the cruise...but I do plan on making several playlists (because I have an older iPod that I can't rework without a computer).

As for final prep for the cruise...I still need to get a hair cut...get cruise toes...and figure out my "day wear".

I also have some alterations to do for DS. :rolleyes:

And there's the whole leaving the house for a week to deal with...

I can tell you this...

I plan on eating well...but stopping when I am full...

I plan on doing at least the 3 Zumba classes on seadays for exercise...

I plan on being active...swimming...playing on the beach...whatever...

I plan on being restful...relaxing on the beach and by the pool ;)

I plan on practicing what I have learned over the past year+ that really makes me feel great...

and that isn't "getting my money's worth at the buffet"

It's BALANCE...

We'll see how it goes. Mom and I will definitely be making a report, I'm sure.

I'm going to leave everyone with this...I recently discovered this photo that my Dad MUST have taken in Christmas 2010. Please understand that I was already on my way and have made some great changes...but this is a candid photo of me serving dinner in my kitchen:

Cruise2010896.jpg

And granted, this isn't candid, and the scarf may obscure things a bit...but here is one of the most recent photos I have of me:

014-1.jpg

I LOVE Zumba!

:eek: Wow Anita congrats on the transformation! I think you look fanfreakintastic! I can see that you *feel* better about your appearance just by that little pose and smile :). I'm lookingo forward to meeting you on our trip! I've got a full day after I get out of work today at noon and a full day of preparation tomorrow also. I must be crazy because I still plan on going to Zumba tonight when I have SO MUCH stuff still to do :o lol