Zam Zam Cafe??

rclibertygirl5

We tried to go there. Taxi ride from the ship is maybe 5 - 10 minutes as I recall. Cab driver highly recommended it when we said that is where we were headed. Unfortunately they were not open for lunch that day.

Just googled them and it looks like these are their hours. You may want to call and ask them. If not take a chance, it's not that long of a drive and you can just loop back into town.

http://caribya.com/roseau/zam.zam/

I tried posting this on the Dominica board but didn't receive any response. Has anyone been to this restaurant on Dominica? How far is it from the port? Approximate taxi cost? Thanks!!

I believe it is about a mile south-southeast of the port, in Citronier. I am not sure how much a taxi would cost. Too bad I didn't see this before I was there a week and half ago, I could have checked it our for you. It is a very beautiful island. It was my favorite stop on my last cruise.

Sharon

Edited by luv2trvlnow

I believe it is about a mile south-southeast of the port, in Citronier. I am not sure how much a taxi would cost. Too bad I didn't see this before I was there a week and half ago, I could have checked it our for you. It is a very beautiful island. It was my favorite stop on my last cruise.

Sharon

Sharon,

Thanks so much for your response! This will be our first time in Dominica and I am struggling with what to do. Is there shopping in the port area? What port would you compare the port area to? It seems like most of the activities are pretty physical and that is not really our thing on vacation. Thanks again!

Sharon,

Thanks so much for your response! This will be our first time in Dominica and I am struggling with what to do. Is there shopping in the port area? What port would you compare the port area to? It seems like most of the activities are pretty physical and that is not really our thing on vacation. Thanks again!

I did one of the physical tours with Bumpiing. We did his 3 waters Roseau Valley Treasures. It was a fantastic tour. I was even able to climb the falls and jump off of them at Titou Gorge and I am almost 62. I did my shopping at the locations where we stopped. But I am sure there is something close to the port.

I have attached a link to a picture taken previously by someone on my Carnival Splendor cruise. It shows there area around the port. As you can see there definitely looks to be quite a bit there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44443740&postcount=2862

Sharon

I did one of the physical tours with Bumpiing. We did his 3 waters Roseau Valley Treasures. It was a fantastic tour. I was even able to climb the falls and jump off of them at Titou Gorge and I am almost 62. I did my shopping at the locations where we stopped. But I am sure there is something close to the port.

I have attached a link to a picture taken previously by someone on my Carnival Splendor cruise. It shows there area around the port. As you can see there definitely looks to be quite a bit there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44443740&postcount=2862

Sharon

Thanks so much for this picture of the port!! There does seem to be quite a bit there and it is so colorful!!

Hi! We have been to this island many times and it is very beautiful. The joy of this island is in its scenery. It is a rain forest with many waterfalls, rivers and hot springs. You need to travel away from the port to take advantage of these things. The port area has shopping but not really stores. The shopping area is more of an open air market. You can buy some locally made jewelry, some shells, some wood carvings and such. Depending on your interests, I would suggest doing a tour here, perhaps to the hot springs or waterfalls. You won't find enough shopping at this port to really take up much time. Enjoy your day on Dominica!

I haven't ever heard of that place to eat but I can give some insight on what to do.

Dominica is a gorgeous island but it is still evolving as a port. It's kind of run down. DONT LET THAT STOP YOU! I would suggest hiring a taxi and going to these places.

Ti Tou Gorge-part of the Pirates of the Caribbean was filmed here. It's way off the beaten path and really neat.

Emerald Pool-super easy walk to beautiful waterfall. This gets really crowded as the ship has excursions. So go here first.

Trafalgar Falls. A series of 2 waterfalls. You can hike down and over some large boulders and go wade in some pools.

If you like to snorkel, Scott's head was very clear water but it doesn't have much for a beach.

Get out of Roseau and explore this beautiful island.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums