Dinner reservations BtoB cruise?

khuselid

Hi all,

We have 3 btob cruises in August and I just went to the website to start thinking about dinner reservations. When I put in my booking # it told me that I couldn't manage my booking online for btob cruises!

Now that doesn't make any sense to me. Is there a different number to put in? Has anyone else come across this difficulty?

Thanks, Kim

Do you have different booking numbers for each segment?

When is the reservation date for the 1st segment ?

We have done B2B but had to do each segment at the allotted date

We just returned from a B2B that was booked as one cruise, so one booking number. But I was never able to book reservations online for the second leg. That didn't matter to us because we weren't planning on getting them anyway. We were in a suite on a port intensive cruise, so we figured we'd just order in to our room if we wanted another specialty dinner. I could have called to make them, but as I said, didn't bother.

I wonder if you are having a similar problem? But we WERE able to book our reservations for the first leg of our cruise.

Mura

I just heard back from my TA. Apparently Oceania is upgrading their system which is why it isn't working. I guess I will call them tomorrow and see what I can accomplish. I am glad they are upgrading their system, needs it!!

kh

Let's use the correct terminology: "multiple segments" purposely marketed as a single cruise with a single booking number (and nice discount vs the collective price of the individual segments) are listed specifically as "extended journeys" in printed O literature and found under "grand voyages" in the "regions" of the online "find a cruise" search function.

You can book online all "extended voyage" guaranteed restaurant reservations on your cabin class "opening day" (for reservations) of the first segment. However, you must do the allotted reservations for each segment on dates within each segment (e.g., you can't book all your "extended voyage" reservations in just one of the segments. The booking tool will not work otherwise.

Thanks, yes I understand this. Apparently Oceania is updating their reservation site and, for now, it isn't possible to manage the 'extended journeys' online. If you put in your booking number it tells you that you have to call. I'll try again tomorrow and see if anything is working better, otherwise I guess I'll have to use the dreaded phone!! :o )

Just talked with the Oceania 1-800 folks and they said the change was permanent and you can no longer manage a B2B set of cruises in your online account. When you need to make excursion reservations or special dining reservations, you will need to either contact your TA or them.

If you are on a cruise, as we will be, when it’s time to make your future B2B dining reservations 45-75 days out depending on your cabin assignment, you can go to Guest Relations onboard and they will be able to help you.

Is this true for the Extended Journey cruises with one booking number also or just b2b cruises with multiple booking numbers? How does O consider this an upgrade to their system? It seems to me that they are going backwards!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This does not include the Grand Voyage (or Extended Journey) cruises from what we understand. Just the ones that have separate booking numbers.

As far as an upgrade to their system goes, my guess is the programmatic changes they would need to make to their web interface software would be quite complicated and they instead decided to go this route.

Maybe one day down the road they’ll make the necessary changes. But for now this appears to be the new rules when it comes to B2B cruises which have a primary booking number along with secondary ones for each additional leg.

That does not make sense

You should be able to make the reservations when the date comes available for each segment if you have different booking numbers

If it is booked as a back to back cruise with a primary booking number, you can no longer see the booking when you log onto your account. If the two cruises have not been tied together, which means you didn’t get the 5% b2b discount, then you probably still can see the two cruises.

If it is booked as a back to back cruise with a primary booking number, you can no longer see the booking when you log onto your account. If the two cruises have not been tied together, which means you didn’t get the 5% b2b discount, then you probably still can see the two cruises.

sorry your post # 13 was confusing

Is this true for the Extended Journey cruises with one booking number also or just b2b cruises with multiple booking numbers? How does O consider this an upgrade to their system? It seems to me that they are going backwards!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just "double checked" with the O Club Ambassador on our current sailing.

Again, there is a difference between "B2B" (2 booking numbers) and "Extended Journeys" (1 booking number and advertised as such with it's own distinct itinerary name). Further, you still can get a discount for booking two consecutive (B2B) cruises but ONLY if they are not already available/advertised as an "extended journey."

Of course, there are some pluses/minuses with each type of multi-segment booking (e.g., O Club points and certain loyalty perks like OBC vs fare discount) and that used to require some "bottom line" math calculations when it was possible to choose B2B vs "Extended Journey" for the same multiple segments. But, that option is no longer available. If the multiple segments are offered as an "extended journey," you cannot book them as a B2B.

That said, online dinner reservations for "extended journeys" should still be doable online (on the first segment's reservation date of your cabin category) for all segments (as long as you book each segment's allowance for dates within each segment's itinerary dates (e.g., four in segment one and four in segment two). The small added value here is that an "extended journey" gains you access to book your dinner reservations for the second segment a few weeks ahead of those folks who've booked your cabin category as a single segment cruise (with a later reservation date).

So, bottom line (on the dining reservations) appears to be that, if you have true B2B, you would need to call Oceania to get the "early" access to "segment two." And, this would not be necessary for "extended journey" bookings.

Finally, as with any 800 number customer service: what the first rep says when you call may be vastly different than what is said by the second rep when you call again to verify.

It appears the error message has changed on the O website today when you try to add a B2B or combo cruise to your booked cruises to your account. It now says:

Error

Back to Back or combo reservations cannot be managed online while we upgrade our online system. Please contact your travel agent or Oceania Cruises for assistance. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Hopefully, one day soon we'll be able to manage our b2b bookings once again.