Where to buy dress - I'm 65 ! - Don't want black

The answer to this question may be posted somewhere - but I'm not sure where to post ! - I don't want black - want long sleeves - and certainly would look ridiculous in anything too short or too tight.

I am a size 10 - 65 years young ! - Looking for something for "formal night" - not necessarily "sparkly"

Any ideas where to shop ?

Thanks

Edited by I'll cruise anywhere

Age has nothing to do with it! If you're in ok shape, go with whatever looks good on you and makes you feel super!

I'm pushing 60...I still wear a bikini..and don't look bad in it!

Don't wear black...about 99% of the women will be in black...so boring. Wear something colorful and/or sparkly! You want to stand out! Go for it. Age has NOTHING to do with it!

I love the special occasion dresses at Nordstrom's --- and I trust their stylists. You can make an appointment to have one of their personal shoppers help you make your whole outfit.

On the light in the box website I had to page through a lot of really young fashion, but found several very affordable elegant dresses.

Good luck!

elaine

Would consider a long sleeve wrap or poncho? Someone posted this link in another thread and I thought these were very beautiful and classy!

http://www.lightinthebox.com/elegant...b_from=sysmail

I was looking at Macy's and saw some very pretty (not black) long and 3/4 sleeve dresses.

I was the one who posted this previously, and I think it's a perfect solution to covering the arms. I also have a sheer black long sleeved jacket that is open in the front, and a grey long chiffon evening coat. All of these wraps cover the arms, but allow the garment underneath to show through. Plus, they weight practically nothing and don't wrinkle: they are "luggage-friendly"!

I was the one who posted this previously, and I think it's a perfect solution to covering the arms. I also have a sheer black long sleeved jacket that is open in the front, and a grey long chiffon evening coat. All of these wraps cover the arms, but allow the garment underneath to show through. Plus, they weight practically nothing and don't wrinkle: they are "luggage-friendly"!

These are great ! - Thank You

Do you ever shop at consignment or thrift stores? Most of my cruise dresses come from them. I just got a very nice dress for $7.99, Macy's tags still attached. I looked up the brand online, and found it at Saks and Lord & Taylor for $150-200. I get to find brands I'd probably never even know about otherwise, and experiment with styles and colors I might hesitate to pay full price for.

I agree, go for a color you love.

The answer to this question may be posted somewhere - but I'm not sure where to post ! - I don't want black - want long sleeves - and certainly would look ridiculous in anything too short or too tight.

I am a size 10 - 65 years young ! - Looking for something for "formal night" - not necessarily "sparkly"

Thanks

I like good department stores. Try Macy's, Bloomingdale, Lord and Taylor first.

They have stylish sophisticated long and short dresses for women of all ages and body types. They also have frequent sales that are excellent.

Enjoy your cruise

Dress Barn is the place to go for dresses! Their peak dress season is March to Mother's Day. Also, check out their dresses online at dressbarn.com. The selection is different & larger than in an individual store.

For those who hate the name,the first store was in a converted horse stable. In 1962, when the store was started the name worked.

Thanks

We both love Talbots...but not always the prices (but they do have frequent sales!)

We have also had good luck at Dress Barn (HATE that name).

I agree with department stores; we love Von Maur but it is regional.