Choir of Man on the Escape---What you may not know

GINNY L

I just got off the Escape on May 13th. I did not know anything about the Choir of Man until I met the parents of one of the performers on the ship. After talking to the parents I purchased the tickets and do not regret it.

This is a dinner show that has lot of beer. The bratwurst that is served, is from the UK and I thought they were good. This is a Broadway type show from the UK and has been getting five star reviews over in the UK. The performers that are on the Escape are the actual performers from the UK. They will be on the Escape until mid July then they start their North America tour. Before they leave the ship they will be training other performers to take over for them.

These men are very talented. The show has lots of audience participation and is very energetic type of a show. It may be slow in the very beginning but it really gets going later in the show.

Look up the write ups on them and look at their Facebook page and listen to them sing. If you have a chance to see them do so. I don't think you will be disappointed.

I just got off the Escape on May 13th. I did not know anything about the Choir of Man until I met the parents of one of the performers on the ship. After talking to the parents I purchased the tickets and do not regret it.

This is a dinner show that has lot of beer. The bratwurst that is served, is from the UK and I thought they were good. This is a Broadway type show from the UK and has been getting five star reviews over in the UK. The performers that are on the Escape are the actual performers from the UK. They will be on the Escape until mid July then they start their North America tour. Before they leave the ship they will be training other performers to take over for them.

These men are very talented. The show has lots of audience participation and is very energetic type of a show. It may be slow in the very beginning but it really gets going later in the show.

Look up the write ups on them and look at their Facebook page and listen to them sing. If you have a chance to see them do so. I don't think you will be disappointed.

I know you stated there is a lot of beer but is this show child friendly?? 12 and 14 year olds?

Can you use any dinner credits for this show?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I want to say I saw one review where someone said they paid around $15.

Overall, this one still baffles me as when I looked up their page they only had 1,600 followers.

Our reservations are for Saturday night....figure a nice way to end the Cruise

Okay, I booked them. I was irritated that they had canceled my free booking I had made, but it sounds like maybe it's worth it. I will definitely plug my ears for that "Some Nights" song though, because I hate that song.

• 4 weeks later...

Best show I've seen on a cruise ship by far! If you're a beer lover you'll be over the moon with the amount of beer passed around, and if you don't like beer (like me), its still an amazing show. And to let others know, one of the pre-set meals is salmon, but you can get salad instead if you have allergies/not-a-seafood eater. Also, you may get a chance to see them perform again for free if you attend Howl at the Moon. We went every night Howl at the Moon was playing, and the guys showed up "off-duty" just to hang out twice, and would go up and help them sing some songs. It would usually be later in the evening after 11pm though, so you'll have to be a night owl to catch them.

Best show I've seen on a cruise ship by far! If you're a beer lover you'll be over the moon with the amount of beer passed around, and if you don't like beer (like me), its still an amazing show. And to let others know, one of the pre-set meals is salmon, but you can get salad instead if you have allergies/not-a-seafood eater. Also, you may get a chance to see them perform again for free if you attend Howl at the Moon. We went every night Howl at the Moon was playing, and the guys showed up "off-duty" just to hang out twice, and would go up and help them sing some songs. It would usually be later in the evening after 11pm though, so you'll have to be a night owl to catch them.

If you don't like beer, can you get wine or a regular drink?

Thanks.

Don:cool:

If you don't like beer, can you get wine or a regular drink?

Thanks.

Yes! I had wine during the performance! You just have to flag down a waiter to ask. They don't really check on you like they would at a restaurant, just serve you the pre-set menu and bring around the beer, which I think was Newcastle Brown Ale.

We LOVED the show. The food was meh. Other than the original beer we were poured when we first arrived, we were never served or offered any more beer the rest of the time we were there. We wished we'd brought some drinks in with us. However, the music itself was wonderful. Even though I HATE that Some Nights song, these guys actually made it not nauseating. I highly recommend this show.

One thing that was weird... The cast interacts with the audience at the beginning while everyone dines, then throughout the show. On our cruise, they occupied themselves with one man, woman, and young son. They spent nearly all of their time with them, pulled them on stage multiple times before and during the show (as they needed a man then later a woman, etc.) They made sure they let everyone else in the room know that this one family was way more important than anyone else in the room. That bugged me a little bit. Giving a shout out to that family for whatever reason was fine, but they should probably branch our a bit instead of selecting from the same 3 repeatedly.

Every single post I have read about Choir of Man has said two things. 1. The show is amazing - absolutely do not miss it. 2. The food that you are required to pay for is absolutely terrible. So, hello, NCL! Are you listening? I am pretty sure someone is! Improve the food at Choir of Man show. Change the conversation to, “Not only was the show great, but the food was beyond amazing!” Please do it soon, I sail in September and don’t want your terrible bangers and mash with Newcastle. English pub food can be tasty and cool, how about fish and chips? How about a curry dish? Shepherd’s pie? An artisan salad with goat cheese, cranberries and grilled chicken? Hello?

Every single post I have read about Choir of Man has said two things. 1. The show is amazing - absolutely do not miss it. 2. The food that you are required to pay for is absolutely terrible. So, hello, NCL! Are you listening? I am pretty sure someone is! Improve the food at Choir of Man show. Change the conversation to, “Not only was the show great, but the food was beyond amazing!” Please do it soon, I sail in September and don’t want your terrible bangers and mash with Newcastle. English pub food can be tasty and cool, how about fish and chips? How about a curry dish? Shepherd’s pie? An artisan salad with goat cheese, cranberries and grilled chicken? Hello?

I didn’t find it absolutely terrible at all. I found it just meh. But I’d say that about bangers and mashed anywhere. It’s nothing I get excited about. Also, fish and chips is a staple at O’Sheehan’s. People would flip out if that was served at a dinner show for a charge. NCL can’t win.

Yes! I had wine during the performance! You just have to flag down a waiter to ask. They don't really check on you like they would at a restaurant, just serve you the pre-set menu and bring around the beer, which I think was Newcastle Brown Ale.

Thank you..."Wine is Fine!";)