Cabins to avoid - royal caribbean

Cabin Selection Tips
Help on how to choose a cabin on a cruise ship.

How To Choose A Cabin from Cruise Critic
Offer up your opinions on selecting the best cabin.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:05 AM.
Northern California
7,207 Posts
Joined Oct 2002
We just returned from B2B cruises on Radiance of the Seas -- booked cabin 7514 (last minute booking). Will NEVER stay in the cabin again. Nice balcony (only one neighbor and room for 3 chairs), very, very forward so good walk. Bad was we heard ALL the noise from the Aurora Theater (when rehearsing and for two nightly shows). Didn't let it spoil our cruise at all -- just will never book it again.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen

http://www.shutterfly.com/lightbox/v...#1367718572321 (Mis. Alaska photos -2008, 2011)

http://s657.photobucket.com/albums/u...railingspouse/ (Alaska 2012)

https://millenniumalaska2014.shutter...%3dSHARE3SXXXX (Alaska 2014, 2010, 2009)

https://millenniumalaska2015.shutter...%3dSHARE3SXXXX (Alaska 2015)

https://radiancealaska2016.shutterfl...%3dSHARE3SXXXX (Alaska 2016)

https://alaska2017princessandhal.shutterfly.com/ (Alaska 2017)

Dallas, TX
181 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
Originally posted by texasbluebonnet
We are going to book on Yoyager of the Seas for a December cruise soon.
Has anyone ever stayed in a promenade room? It has a small window that overlooks the promenade. I am wondering if the room would be loud. It might be better than an interior with no windows.
We stayed in 6291 in March in the Voyager. We could hear noise from the pub every night but it was never loud enough to keep us awake. I would sit in the "bay window" and people watch. My only complaint was that I never knew what the weather was unlike until I was on a different deck.
Church Point AKA Cajun Country
10,832 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
We have hump cabin 9618 on The Voyager for our March 2011 cruise, right below the Royal Family Suite. Yes they have a Grand Piano but from what I have been reading here at Cruise Critic, from other people who have had this cabin before me, this has never been too much of an issue. One poster said he did hear someone banging on the piano one night but it wasn't very loud and did not last long.

As if I am lucky enough to get some who does know how to play the piano I will love to hear them while relaxing on my balcony with a pot of coffee and a plate of fresh pastries next to me.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Rosemarie
157 Posts
Joined Apr 2006
Hi,
I just booked a family ocean view guarantee room. I was told by my TA that I would not be put into a lower room. At the time of the booking this was the most expensive OV room. Now 2 days later I checked my reservations and fot the FO room guarantee it says they can put us into any OV room. I do not want a floor any lower than the 6th fl which I told the TA that and she called RC and they asuured her that wouldn't happe. However now seeing the reservation I'm not so sure. The only cabins available above the 6th floor were balcony rooms. Should I just call back and get a balcony room or hope I get the Fo which is what I really want. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank-you
Barbara
948 Posts
Joined Dec 2009
is jr. sutie 1640 noisy on that ship??

anyone stayed in that room recently?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Celebrity Infinity 2014 (Panama Canal)
Golden Princess 2013 (Coastal)
Sapphire Princess 2013 (Hawaii)
Amsterdam - 2012 (14day Alaska)
Royal Caribbean (Western & Eastern Caribbean 2011)
Celebrity Equinox (Eastern Caribbean 2010)
Celebrity Mercury (Alaska 2009)
Celebrity Summit (Hawaii 2006)
Celebrity Summit (Panama Canal 2005)
Celebrity Mercury (Alaska 2004)
snow :)
10,337 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
Two years ago we stayed in suite 1568 on the Mariner of the Seas.
Loved the location.
Minimal noise from above or the utility area catey-corner to the door.
The only noise we got was from the door bell ringing before 1am. when the young'ns would be playing DING-DONG-DITCH. One complaint to the main desk and the problem was solved.

Safe travels.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

2 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
Sailing on Freedom of the Seas on 8/22 western Caribbean. What side of the ship is the best to have a balcony cabin on? Have some options to switch if necessary. Currently have left side mid-ship.

Thanks.
Charlotte, NC
2,102 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
side will not matter since you never know which way you will come into the port to dock. I've been to the same port on the same ship and we have docked differently, so no rhyme or reason to it as I have seen.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
270 nights at sea and counting
Nottingham, England
314 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Hello there, does anyone know when RCI allocate guarantee staterooms? I'm now questioning my madness in booking a guarantee, but am wondering if they allocate early enough and I'm not happy, I could try and move even if I have to pay extra. RCI have told me I can move category. I've booked an OV guarantee. We are really not too worried where we will be except I don't fancy somewhere VERY noisy. Thank you!
Nottingham, England
314 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Actually I've just looked again and they've allocated our room... deck 2 room 2324 which is an 'Accessible' stateroom. It's further down that the room that is talked about in this thread (I think Sunshine). Anyone has any comments please?
NY
2,607 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
Originally posted by katlife
Has anyone stayed in this cabin? How is the noise an most of all the view?
We love cabin 9692!

We did not hear any noise. A slight vibration is detectable but not significant.

Nothing like looking at the wake. The superstructure on the back of the ship becomes part of the scenery. Looks great in photos. Having 2 lounge chairs, table and two sit up chairs on the deck is wonderful. We enjoyed breakfast outside in the AM, sunbathing in the afternoon, (no chair hogs - chairs always available!) and cocktails before dinner. We could invite friends and there was room for everyone to sit.

It is a very long walk so don't forget anything when you leave the cabin. It is pretty open, the only shade comes from an overhead beam so, if it rains, you won't be able to sit outside. The cabin above can look down on you and you can look down on the cabin balcony below.

We booked 9392 for this year because 9692 was not available.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
UPCOMING CRUISES

Anthem of the Seas 5/3/18
Symphony of the Seas Transatlantic 2018

ALREADY SAILED
Anthem of the Seas 3/31/2018 Family Cruise
Anthem of the Seas 12/2/2017 Caribbean
Anthem of the Seas 1/28/2018 Caribbean
Freedom of the Seas Western Med - October 15, 2017
B2B-Freedom of the Seas Transatlantic - October 22, 2017 Barcelona to Ft. lauderdale
Anthem of the Seas 5/6/17 - Bermuda
Anthem of the Seas 2/7/2017 - Caribbean
10/23/16 - Harmony of the Seas - Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale
Anthem of the Seas 02/13/16 - Bahamas Family Cruise
Jewel of the Seas 10/10/15 - Panama Canal,
Liberty of the Seas 6/13/2015 - Bermuda,
Quantum of the Seas 2/2/15 - Caribbean,
Oasis of the Seas, 9/1/14 - Transatlantic, Ft. Lauderdale to Barcelona,
Brilliance of the Seas 5/26/14 - Scandinavia/St.Petersburg,
Celebrity Constellation 9/25/13 - Greece Isles/Black Sea,
Celebrity Silhouette 9/17/12 - Adriatic Cruise,
Explorer of the Seas 02/17/13, 2/16/14 - Bahamas, Explorer of the Seas 10/23/14, 01/21/14, 01/22/13, 02/06/12, 2/6/11, 1/24/10, 2/1/09 - Caribbean, Celebrity Millennium 08/14/11 - Alaskan Cruisetour, Celebrity Summit 09/26/10 - NewEngland/Canada, Explorer of the Seas 11/07/09, 10/21/12 - Bermuda, Celebrity Millennium, 2/10/08

Wavre, Belgium
3,317 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
Originally posted by Emiko
Hello fellow cruisers, I'm new onboard and I have a dilemma. Is cabin #2640 on RCI Adventure of the Seas a good choice? It's on Deck 2, Ocean View and near the aft? Above is Vivaldi Dining Room and below, engines??? I've read that being seasick prone, having a lowest deck is ideal but how about the noise level above and below? Or I should go for #6373 Inside Cabin. I'm given very limited choice as these are under the special senior rates. I'm so lost now and I need to book soon ... its for a 7 Nights Southern Caribbean on Mar 28 2010. Greatly appreciate any suggestions.
If you're prone to motion sickness, I'd suggest booking a cabin midship, a low deck. I had an inside midship on deck 3, Radiance, and didn't get sick once. I know I don't have to book an OV, or I'll have a tendency to look outside at the waves, and that's when I'll get sick. But a low deck midship would be perfect I think. Whatever cabin you chose, have a great cruise

Cindy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

PAST CRUISES:
RADIANCE OF THE SEAS (September 2009, Alaska) - MARINER OF THE SEAS (September 2010, Mexican Riviera) - FREEDOM OF THE SEAS (September 2011, E. and W. Caribbean) - VISION OF THE SEAS (September 2012, Norwegian Fjords) - ADVENTURE OF THE SEAS (September 2016, S. Caribbean) - FREEDOM OF THE SEAS (April 2017, Transatlantic) - RHAPSODY OF THE SEAS (October 2017, Italy and Adriatic Cruise)
Cindy - [email protected]
houston,texas
17 Posts
Joined Nov 2001
Thanks for that info. You have any pics? Are u able to lounge on the balcony an see the water without having to look through all those beams. I did not realize the aft on this ship was so different than others I have seen. Don't like they can look down at me or me look down at them. is there a small cover at all? I would think there would be. I liked it because there did not seem to be anything like dining or dancing below or above I have had that before an made for some restless nights. I enjoy hanging on my deck an relaxing i don't get into the noise at the pools but do enjoy a hot tub at night. Do they deliver dinner menu to the room on this ship? I always bring wine an relax in my room do they still allow u to bring wine on? This will be my first aft. do u think I will be impressed or try for a balcony on side ship?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
houston,texas
17 Posts
Joined Nov 2001
Originally posted by DianeMMHH
We love cabin 9692!

We did not hear any noise. A slight vibration is detectable but not significant.

Nothing like looking at the wake. The superstructure on the back of the ship becomes part of the scenery. Looks great in photos. Having 2 lounge chairs, table and two sit up chairs on the deck is wonderful. We enjoyed breakfast outside in the AM, sunbathing in the afternoon, (no chair hogs - chairs always available!) and cocktails before dinner. We could invite friends and there was room for everyone to sit.

It is a very long walk so don't forget anything when you leave the cabin. It is pretty open, the only shade comes from an overhead beam so, if it rains, you won't be able to sit outside. The cabin above can look down on you and you can look down on the cabin balcony below.

We booked 9392 for this year because 9692 was not available.

Thanks for that info. You have any pics? Are u able to lounge on the balcony an see the water without having to look through all those beams. I did not realize the aft on this ship was so different than others I have seen. Don't like they can look down at me or me look down at them. is there a small cover at all? I would think there would be. I liked it because there did not seem to be anything like dining or dancing below or above I have had that before an made for some restless nights. I enjoy hanging on my deck an relaxing i don't get into the noise at the pools but do enjoy a hot tub at night. Do they deliver dinner menu to the room on this ship? I always bring wine an relax in my room do they still allow u to bring wine on? This will be my first aft. do u think I will be impressed or try for a balcony on side ship?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature