Is there a long wait for MyTime dinning.

clarkg

We figured out, after embarkation night, what time we would be in the MDR (7:20). We let them know that would be our regular reservation, and let them know which nights we would not be there (as we had specialty dining reservations). That seemed to work out best. If there was a night when we needed to move our reservation a bit, we called to let them know. For us, it became a cross between MyTime Dining and "Old Time Dining." It worked for us. Mileage varies, of course.

We thought Princess My Time Dining we terrible too. Much better run on Royal. I think one of the reasons is that unlike Princess, Royal does not allow Traditional Diners to us the MTD room. Unless you have a large party reservations on Royal for MTD are not really necessary.

Have always been very impressed with how RCI handles the MTD.

We have a standing reservation for the same night every evening and always let them know as early as possible if we are not going to show so they can reallocate the table and are not waiting on us.

Never had a wait more than about five minutes and that is usually on the first night.

On RC, is the lobster night always a formal night?

typically the second one.

last cruise we had the specialty dining package for 4 nights so only ate in the MDR like twice. first night is ALWAYS a much longer wait for MTD if you do not have a reservation. even so, we only waited like 5 minutes and that was mainly due to having to wait for the hostess to return from dropping the party in front of us off.

groups larger than 4 can have a longer wait without reservations. lots of 2 tops though,, so couples typically have no problem,

We thought Princess My Time Dining we terrible too. Much better run on Royal. I think one of the reasons is that unlike Princess, Royal does not allow Traditional Diners to us the MTD room. Unless you have a large party reservations on Royal for MTD are not really necessary.

We started calling it "Wait in line dining." Good to hear that it's much better on Royal. I won't try and change our dining to traditional then.