Live diary from the Regal Princess - Jan 14-28, 2018

lor74

Those in transit today but not getting off the ship waited in the theater. Once each manager reported their area had been cleaned, we were processed. This was about 11:10.

We have a new CD but she is only filling in for 2 months.

Those in transit today but not getting off the ship waited in the theater. Once each manager reported their area had been cleaned, we were processed. This was about 11:10.

We have a new CD but she is only filling in for 2 months.

That's great timing for in-transit passengers. We saw that done when we did our Bon Voyage Experience on the Regal a little over a year ago.

Please post your thoughts about the new CD. I haven't seen her name on the list of CDs before.

That's great timing for in-transit passengers. We saw that done when we did our Bon Voyage Experience on the Regal a little over a year ago.

Please post your thoughts about the new CD. I haven't seen her name on the list of CDs before.

We really like her. Have sailed with her twice already. Once as the assistant CD on the Pacific Princess 50th anniversary cruise & once as the cruise director this past October on the Royal TA. She’s around all the time & interacts well with the passengers. FYI she goes by Lexi.

We generally switch the week2 Elite mini bar for 2 coffee cards...to be used on our next Princess sailing. They would always come un-marked. With the talk of new expiry dates, I was curious to see what we would get....no expiry date, but both marked with today's sailing....so no brewed coffee on our next cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So you're saying you did get new coffee cards and they did not have an expiration date printed on them.. only the sailing date?

Correct

2 words at the moment....NyQuil hangover...

Oh no.....

Hope today treats you better weather wise and that your NYQuil hangover goes away so you feel better. Enjoy this week of your cruise.

The NyQuil did the trick, I got a solid 11hrs of sleep!!! I am now in the drying out phase...

It is a nice morning in PC. Ro brought me a cappuccino and is already in the pool doing laps.

I am going to take it slow this morning and see if I feel up to a swim later on

5ddf5edfcc22764ad64ef7caead4f597.jpg

2b1a6396b85b555a0c4574e5dc31b25f.jpg

I went into the pool with Ro, and when she finally managed to escape, I did manage 50 laps. I am still in a bit of a haze, but the meds are keeping me dry. I will decide shortly if I will be getting off to hit the ocean [emoji305]. Maybe a swim and BBQ later.... today is the nicest we have had do far ☀️

* we have not seen Bavarian night...unless it was when we were in the CG

We boarded at 10:57am!!! I immediately went to the CG to make a reservation for Ro's birthday on Thursday. I then called room service to change our mini-bar offerings. We are now eating at Alfredos. The Elite wifi is now unlimited. The speed test is great, but it is barely working. I assume it will get better at sea. The obstructed balcony is awesome!

0a42cc8c9fc6f3e6d411bf8115be3877.jpg

539642132734aac7dc1250cf3ec3261d.jpg2abfeaa22473f28e45b789dfbc39ecd1.jpg

Are you in Emerald 429? Looks like our balcony when we had that cabin.

I went into the pool with Ro, and when she finally managed to escape, I did manage 50 laps. I am still in a bit of a haze, but the meds are keeping me dry. I will decide shortly if I will be getting off to hit the ocean [emoji305]. Maybe a swim and BBQ later.... today is the nicest we have had do far ☀️

* we have not seen Bavarian night...unless it was when we were in the CG

Have fun on part 2 of your cruise, hope your cold is better! Pasta Pasta Pasta! :)

Are you in Emerald 429? Looks like our balcony when we had that cabin.

We have a winner! This cabin is awesome...big balcony, no obstruction, near mid ship stairs/elevators, no motion, no noise....highly recommended!!!

Poolside once again. Grabbed a moist...say it, moist...pecan pie...num....on the way in [emoji12]

ELO concert is on. Most people have returned. Italian night again. Think we will try to see the show tonight

fdfafbb7140d4b9689a5af8f6c23fb68.jpg

We have a winner! This cabin is awesome...big balcony, no obstruction, near mid ship stairs/elevators, no motion, no noise....highly recommended!!!

We are booked in 437. I was sure that was where you were!

We went to the theatre early to get good seats for the show. I thought we had already seen Fiera, but was not sure. It did not take me long to remember that we had, and I was just as annoyed this time by the use of the Pitch Perfect soundtrack [emoji12]

It was a good day. Clicks fwd one hour. NyQuil time [emoji42]

12fd8f30e3d87c3e8c945a0be101b706.jpg

7d691089d1ef2002fc13a82cc0d269a9.jpg

f19b542d86870c3c8f13ea0938630c15.jpg

d0beb180863992346790020b622b2568.jpgdb26fb96c6a67d7e0dac5dcfc0d89fcf.jpg

Hey Lor74. We are on the same ship and patiently waiting for the sun. It's trying! Just wondering if you heard the rumbles we did last night? We overheard a couple people got sick yesterday after lunch. I came up for breakfast this morning and noticed the servers switching out utensils from the buffet. I know this is a common practice but perhaps it was just more noticed because we heard people were sick? Just wondering if you had heard anything. Enjoy your day in cozumel. We are off to the cenotes.

How were the cenotes? I will be on this ship at the end of March and we were thinkng of doing a combined ruins and cenotes. We are looking at this because it gives you almost 2 hours at ruins and 2 hours at cenotes. The ruins only trip gives you only 50 minutes at ruins and I have read that this is not enough time.