Rum Runner Risks

Clepire

I have done a lot of research on Rum Runners and was hoping to bring them on my next cruise. However, today I was reading the cruise documentation and it said "

Guests who violate any alcohol policies (over consuming,

providing alcohol to people under the age of 21,

demonstrating irresponsible behavior, or attempting

to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage

checkpoints or any other time), may be disembarked or

not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance

with the Guest Conduct Policy."

Has anyone actually gotten kicked off the cruise for trying to bring Rum Runners on?

I have done a lot of research on Rum Runners and was hoping to bring them on my next cruise. However, today I was reading the cruise documentation and it said "

Guests who violate any alcohol policies (over consuming,

providing alcohol to people under the age of 21,

demonstrating irresponsible behavior, or attempting

to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage

checkpoints or any other time), may be disembarked or

not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance

with the Guest Conduct Policy."

Has anyone actually gotten kicked off the cruise for trying to bring Rum Runners on?

I can't wait to see the responses.....

We used to use rum runners all the time. But with the drink packages, and just being lazy now, we don't anymore.

We were never caught.

I wouldn't worry about what you read. If you're caught, they'll just take the RRs away (you won't get them back). Just don't overdo. Place them among o hard items, like shoes, shaving lotion, etc.

I have never heard of someone getting kicked off for this. But if cruise lines wanted to stop smuggling, this seems like an effective solution. However, the slippery slope would come into play. Would someone be denied boarding for bringing a clothes iron? As is, you risk having your luggage retained, having to go to the naughty room and losing your investment in the rum runners and the alcohol. For me, just not worth it.

I used to. Been caught once. I left my bag unlocked so when it finally arrived to my room, a very nice letter was on top of my clothes stating they found the contraband and would be holding it until after the cruise was over and that I could pick it up after the cruise if I wanted (of course I didn't). I think they just throw it all away now-a-days. I was not even confronted about it. I don't anymore, like has been said by others, I just get the drink package now.

We got caught bringing some bottles of wine on board. We got called down to the naughty room and they explained that they were taking it but would give it back at the end of the cruise. They did, indeed, return it. Now, we don't bother bringing anything with us anymore. Like others, we just buy the wine package.

We got caught bringing some bottles of wine on board. We got called down to the naughty room and they explained that they were taking it but would give it back at the end of the cruise. They did, indeed, return it. Now, we don't bother bringing anything with us anymore. Like others, we just buy the wine package.

I don't understand, two bottles of wine are allowed. Why did they refuse the wine?

We're 6 for 6 with the rum runners. And since the drink packages we haven't smuggled. Too much worry...too much to carry on. We would take diet cokes and bottles of water so that was a lot to carry around until rooms opened up. It's a PITA to have to leave from where ever you are to run to your room to make a drink. The only upside is having drinks while getting ready for dinner.

I used to. Been caught once. I left my bag unlocked so when it finally arrived to my room, a very nice letter was on top of my clothes stating they found the contraband and would be holding it until after the cruise was over and that I could pick it up after the cruise if I wanted (of course I didn't). I think they just throw it all away now-a-days. I was not even confronted about it. I don't anymore, like has been said by others, I just get the drink package now.

What cruise line was this? RCL will call you down to the 'naughty room'. I've always heard they are not allowed to open your bag outside of your presence, even if unlocked.

We took rum-runners just once but the drink packages make that unnecessary.

What cruise line was this? RCL will call you down to the 'naughty room'. I've always heard they are not allowed to open your bag outside of your presence, even if unlocked.

We took rum-runners just once but the drink packages make that unnecessary.

Now that I think about it, it may have been Carnival. You know, I seem to recall we may have had a cove balcony at the time and that would have been Carnival. Sorry if I was mistaken, the cruises all run together in my mind. LOL I promise though, it definitely happened.