Are you concerned with all the mechanical issues lately?

HighCPU

Seems like every time I check this board another ship is having mechanical trouble. Does that make you nervous to sail with Carnival now?

I myself was thinking of a 2018 Splendor cruise, but am not sure anymore.

Does anyone have insight on the history of the mechanical problems with the recent ships (including fantasy last night) that could put the rest of our minds at ease? No one wants another Triumph to go down.

I originally thought I would aim for platinum status with Carnival, but maybe RCL/NCL are looking better.

After careful analysis and cross referencing issues and ships across the fleet, I have discovered sh!t happens.... I would go more in depth but I have to wait for the appliance repair guy to com fix my ice maker because.... you guessed it.... $h!t happens....

Not worried at all. Royal Caribbean suffered the same thing a while back and I wasnt worried then either.

This is good to know because it seems like the media only covers Carnival issues.

As a newer cruiser this makes me feel better.

Celebrity Reflection had problems pretty much out of the shipyard when it was new. It had an electrical issue and couldn't operate at full speed. They had to wait for Meyerwerft to make a part or something like that. She continued on until they could get it fixed and I actually sailed on it at that time. So just because a ship is new or newer doesn't mean it can't have issues.

This is good to know because it seems like the media only covers Carnival issues.

As a newer cruiser this makes me feel better.

You can google and find out that they all have their share of issues but you are certainly right in that the mainstream media tends to only focus on Carnivals problems. I hate mainstream media.

Seems like every time I check this board another ship is having mechanical trouble. Does that make you nervous to sail with Carnival now?

Does anyone have insight on the history of the mechanical problems with the recent ships (including fantasy last night) that could put the rest of our minds at ease? No one wants another Triumph to go down.

I originally thought I would aim for platinum status with Carnival, but maybe RCL/NCL are looking better.

Really, can you list the ships with mechanical problems every time you look at CC? I would say breakdowns are rare relative to the amount of use the ships get.

For sure, do switch over to RCL/NCL. I've read on their boards their ships are exempt from mechanical issues.

Really, can you list the ships with mechanical problems every time you look at CC? I would say breakdowns are rare relative to the amount of use the ships get.

Yeah I actually can...

Pride and Breeze last year...

Splendor

Paradise

Liberty

and now fantasy

:kiss-mark:

Hi there

The Celebrity Summit is in dry dock now to correct a propulsion issue. This affected people for multiple weeks. So, yes **** happens.

We are scheduled to be on the Summit next month. As firemanbobswife said, I would rather be on a ship with problems than have it cancelled with little notice.

Seeing the comments of the peed off Celebrity almost cruisers, I think Carnival compensates people somewhat better for their inconvenience.

hoping everyone's cruise goes off without a hitch (including ours) :)

I think you may have hit on something there.....Only Carnival ships have mechanical issues...... Must be the "mechanics" gods frown on red funnels. Really?

Hi there

The Celebrity Summit is in dry dock now to correct a propulsion issue. This affected people for multiple weeks. So, yes **** happens.

We are scheduled to be on the Summit next month. As firemanbobswife said, I would rather be on a ship with problems than have it cancelled with little notice.

Seeing the comments of the peed off Celebrity almost cruisers, I think Carnival compensates people somewhat better for their inconvenience.

hoping everyone's cruise goes off without a hitch (including ours) :)

RCI's Anthem of the Seas, you know, the one the captain sailed into a hurricane (ok, he didn't really, but that didn't stop that from being "reported") had a propulsion issue a few weeks ago which altered that cruises itinerary. On a FB group I follow, someone stated propulsion issues have come up again...not sure how accurate that is or if there was an itinerary change. We're sailing on the AOS in about 2 weeks....as long as she gets away from the port and out into the ocean...we're good. No worries. As is being said, feces occurs.

All ships from all lines break down at some point its just that some breakdowns are publicised more than others and maybe carnival is having an unlucky spell and we won't see another breakdown for a few years, Triumph was a engine fire not a propulsion problem so I don't know where you've got that from. IMOP things breakdown especially when they are as complex as a cruise ship and get so much wear it's what the cruise line do to fix it is what counts.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/url

I definitely would not lose sleep over this. The chances of this happening to your ship are slim.

And if something DID happen, Carnival has proved to take very good care, as far as compensation for their passengers.

I would rather be bobbing around in the ocean, on a cruise ship, than be stuck at work!:'):')

In all seriousness, I wouldn't give it another thought!!!

Book the Splendor, and enjoy your cruise!!!