Waterproof Makeup

OC Mom

Does anyone have any recommendations for good waterproof make-up (especially mascara and eyeliner)?? Yes, I am one of those girls- I don't even go to the mailbox without my make-up. I want to be able to go into the ocean and not have my face not be completely naked.

I love love love maybelline Full and Soft Waterproof mascara. Makes my lashes thicker, longer, shiny and no clumps to deal with. Almay One Coat Waterproof is a close second. You might want to do a search on this board, though, I know there was another thread w/ a ton of mascara ideas! Happy hunting!

My neighbor just told me that she sells Avon and gave me the catalogs. I bought the waterproof eyeliner and waterproof mascara (along with a bunch of other stuff :)). Hopefully, these inexpensive purchases will be good quality.

i work in nordstrom and the girls in the cosmetics dept. turned me on to hypnose mascara...it is awesome!!!!! i use the non waterproof formula, but they said the waterproof formula is just as great! just make sure not to use an oily remover...it kind of screws up your vision...i hate oil near my eyes...

enjoy your cruise!

Maybelline Great Lash mascara. Liquid eyeliners are usually waterproof.

I use that mascara in the regular formula and love it, but I don't like the waterproof version. It feels dry and heavy.

Its hard to find waterproof mascara that does not feel stiff and heavy, unfortunately, because that it what makes it stay on!

Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner is really great - one of my favorite products. The colors (of which there is a large variety) go on true and deep, but unlike typical liquid eyeliner the result is soft and natural, not painted on. It comes in a pot and you apply it with a brush. It is easier to control than liquid eyeliner but still requires a little bit of effort and technique. However, it doesn't smudge or fade or require touchups, ever! I love this stuff because I have a huge problem with racoon eyes.

If you prefer pencil eyeliner, the most longlasting I have found is Revlon Colorstay. Mary Kay and Avon also make great longlasting eyeliners, but Revlon is cheaper and easier to acquire. All three come in the "automatic pencil" form, which you roll up, rather than the kind you sharpen, which is a great feature.

In general, Revlon's Colorstay and CoverGirl's Outlast products are good quality and longlasting, which will serve you well in humid weather and while swimming. However, be advised that no makeup is completely waterproof, and if it was you probably wouldn't like how it looked and felt on your face. Sheerer, more natural looking formulas may not last all day at the beach, but you will look much fresher than if you wear a full face of makeup in that bright sunlight.

I'm pretty much the opposite of you, I want every speck of makeup off before swimming (recreation) or going to the beach. I wear very dark sunglasses, even in the water, so no one will be seeing my eyes anyway.

But, during the summer, part of my job requires me to be in the pool for an hour a day, with splashing kids, so my eye makeup (mascara/eyeliner) is waterproof. The very best eyeliner I have found is Chanel Aqua crayon, this stuff really stays on. Mascara, my vote goes for Lancome waterproof Definicils. I have plenty of the cheaper stuff, in an old makeup bag under the sink. My Chanel and Lancome gets used to the very last smidge.

Credit for the Aqua Crayon to go to Jane110.

Archived