Mariner of the Seas Refurbishment

lele100

This is as detailed as Royal will get on their website:

"New features come onboard during a bow-to-stern transformation for island getaways."

I expect something similar to what's been done on Navigator.

"New features come onboard during a bow-to-stern transformation for island getaways."

Great thanks Bob, where can I find info on what was done on the Navigator?

• 2 weeks later...

I was told that the ship underwent major changes prior to it moving to Asia removing most of the standard bars and replacing with shops. That change will be undone as the ship moves back to Caribbean sailings. Also they’re adding more meeting facilities in the hopes they can book more corporate type 3/4 day sailing meetings. Can’t confirm any of this though.

Personally I hope those 'bow to stern transformations' include water slides.

It's supposed to be the biggest Royal has ever undertaken...$100 million in renos.......its weird they are keeping it so hush hush.

Normally they release details months in advance of the changes....I know on the Royal page they throw some hints saying its going to be "more water, more parties" type thing but...

It's supposed to be the biggest Royal has ever undertaken...$100 million in renos.......its weird they are keeping it so hush hush.

Normally they release details months in advance of the changes....I know on the Royal page they throw some hints saying its going to be "more water, more parties" type thing but...

That would make sense. Mariner is coming back home here to PC where she first started. (Only ship that we have ever had that was brand new when home ported here). She will be doing the 3/4 night short cruises which typically attract the younger set and newbie cruisers.

Will be really good to see her again. Booked already! :)

That would make sense. Mariner is coming back home here to PC where she first started. (Only ship that we have ever had that was brand new when home ported here). She will be doing the 3/4 night short cruises which typically attract the younger set and newbie cruisers.

From what I've seen Mariner will be home based out of Port of Miami??

I'm interested to know the details as well. We are booked for July2nd.

I've read online that a meeting space will be turned into a Japanese restaurant. I've also read the golf course will be scraped for a kids water park and 2-3 adult water slides.

None of that is confirmed.

100 million is a lot but if you consider things like new carpet, wall coverings, etc, that money goes fast.

I'm booked on the Mariner for March, 2020. I was on her when she was new. It was her 3rd Caribbean cruise. Capt. Johnny was on her at the time, and that added to the cruise. He didn't use his scooter then, but his Harley. Can't wait to see her makeover.

Right now I have 5 cruises booked on Mariner when she comes to Miami. Aug/Oct 2018 and Jan/Feb/Mar 2019

We are so stoked to have a ship this size for our short 3 night cruises. prices are awesome, getting balconies for less than we paid for oceanviews on Enchantment

Defn some good deals..booked for Oct on her.....I could see the waterslides being a part of the overhaul as it seems that is the trend lately. Losing the mini-golf area prob not a big deal.

I thought though they had done some refurbishments in 2017 with a lot of cosmetic stuff done already?!

Hi Pat and Bucky,

Looking at the Allure for that week. If not we you join you on the Mariner.

John

That would be fantabulous John! Hope to see you there! Mariner was our very first cruise with RCI. I was celebrating the (gulp...am I that old? :o) half century birthday on that cruise.

Will be celebrating my birthday again on board the Lady M...just "slightly older" ;p:p:')

I don't recall a Mariner dry dock last year.

I don't either Bob...but I know a cpl travel sites I visited indicated last refurbished date of 2017, so that's why I was wondering. Also, thought I saw some pics of cabins on her that defn looked like it had been renovated, but I could be wrong.

I just would love to hear what all the changes are going to be on her. Hoping she still has the Boardwalk Dog House. Never been on a ship yet with that.

I was told that the ship underwent major changes prior to it moving to Asia removing most of the standard bars and replacing with shops. That change will be undone as the ship moves back to Caribbean sailings. Also they’re adding more meeting facilities in the hopes they can book more corporate type 3/4 day sailing meetings. Can’t confirm any of this though.

That seems logical, thanks for posting, I've added to my self to this thread to occupy my time for 600 days or so

Thanks for that little history lesson. I've heard many people on here talk about those days. I love the Voyager class, can't wait to sail her, but at least I have a few cruises before then.