RCI Ovation of the Seas Itinerary

Hllb

Anyone know much about this itinerary for 2019? Specifically, for the Endicott Arm day, it lists time as if you're in port. Does that imply they'll offer perhaps an excursion to get closer to the glacier? I am booked on this cruise but it doesn't show any available excursions so I was confused why it lists port time.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/itinerary/7-night-alaska-glacier-from-seattle-on-ovation/OV07A163?sail-date=2019-06-14&currency=USD&wuc=USA

Endicott Arm is a fjord with a glacier at the end. The ships have been using it for years as an alternate to Tracy Arm. It is not a port. The ship may offer a small boat excursion that will take you close to the glacier and then back to the ship or on to Juneau, depending on your itinerary.

Endicott Arm is a fjord with a glacier at the end. The ships have been using it for years as an alternate to Tracy Arm. It is not a port. The ship may offer a small boat excursion that will take you close to the glacier and then back to the ship or on to Juneau, depending on your itinerary.

Yes, I understand it's not a port which is why I was surprised to see times listed as if you're disembarking. Maybe that's the time they hang out in the fjord.

Yes, I understand it's not a port which is why I was surprised to see times listed as if you're disembarking. Maybe that's the time they hang out in the fjord.

I believe this is correct. You will spend a few hours getting in to the fjord and then the ship will do a 360 degree slow turn so that everyone onboard can see the glacier. Then time to get out. Sometimes it’s a very slow process early in the season due to all of the ice in the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk