Canal Ship Schedule November 2017?

OceansOfTravels

Hello,

I will be taking a land trip to Panama in November, and I will be staying for 5 days. Does anyone know where I can get a schedule of the ships going in and out of the Miraflores Locks in November 2017 so I can plan on going to the canal on a day that a big ship, preferrably a cruise ship, will be passing through? I would really appreciate it! Thank you in advance! :D

I checked the schedule and I am disappointed, there are only cruise ships going in through the Gatun Locks and back out into the Atlantic while I am visiting Panama City. There is a ship going westbound on the day that I leave, meaning that I may be able to see it from the plane traversing the canal, as my flight is midday. But unfortunately, no cruise ships during my stay in the city :( I imagine there will be cargo ships though so it won't be a total loss.

Actually cruise ships make up less than 2% of Canal traffic, so it is not an everyday occurrence you are able to see one go through. Much, much easier to be able to observe a container ship, tanker or some sort of bulk carrier going through the locks. On the link below, scroll down to "Maritime Traffic and Schedules", this will provide with an approximate times there will be vessel traffic at Miraflores Locks.

https://visitcanaldepanama.com/en/