Hurricane Maria Discussion Here

Hurricane Zone 2017
For those of you who enjoy discussing the nitty gritty of hurricane season!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:58 AM.
Michigan
1,000 Posts
Joined Feb 2014
Originally posted by Hayleesgigi
Are there any updates on Adventure of the Seas upcoming sailings? We are booked on 10/14. RCL hasn't updated much and we haven't heard a thing from the travel agency. We declined the insurance so are stressed about what will happen. That said, our main concern is for all of the people on all of the islands to be hit. We live in Houston and see the devastation of Harvey every day.
The latest update at https://www.royalcaribbean.com/conte...nerary-updates is that the 9/23 sailing, which was rescheduled to 9/27, has been canceled. They'll decide on the status of the 9/30 sailing "early next week". Perhaps at that time they will get to future cruises.
344 Posts
Joined Mar 2008
Originally posted by Honolulu Blue
The latest update at https://www.royalcaribbean.com/conte...nerary-updates is that the 9/23 sailing, which was rescheduled to 9/27, has been canceled. They'll decide on the status of the 9/30 sailing "early next week". Perhaps at that time they will get to future cruises.
We are booked on 10/21 AotS sailing. Our hotel (Caribe Hilton) just cancelled our res.

k.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Kathy (and hubby Dan)

UPCOMING: Independence of the Seas (Jan 2018)
RC Adventure of the Seas - ABC Islands (Oct 2017)
RC Empress of the Seas - Cuba (April 2017)
RC Anthem of the Seas - Bermuda (Sept 2016)
AmaWaterways Viola - Tulip Time (May 2016)
RC Brilliance of the Seas - Transatlantic (Sept 2015)
Carnival Victory - Eastern Carib - R/T Miami (July 2015)
Crystal Serenity - Panama Canal - Caldera-Miami (Nov/Dec'14)
Carnival Paradise - Western Carib - R/T Tampa (Sept. 2014)
NCL Pride of America - Hawaiian Islands - R/T Honolulu (Dec. 2013)
NCL Norwegian Sky - Bahamas - R/T Miami (Aug. 2013)
RC Oasis of the Seas - Eastern Carib - R/T Ft Laud (May 2013)
RC Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas/Key West - R/T Miami (Dec. 2012)
NCL Norwegian Jade - Greek Isles - R/T Venice (May 2012)
Carnival Destiny - Eastern Carib - R/T Miami (Nov. 2011)
RC Jewel of the Seas - Baltic - R/T Harwich, England (May 2011)
NCL Norwegian Dawn - NE/Canada - R/T NYC (Oct. 2010)
RC Explorer of the Seas - Bermuda - R/T Bayonne, NJ (April 2010)
RC Adventure of the Seas - Eastern Carib. - R/T San Juan (Dec. 2009)
Carnival Inspiration - Western Carib - R/T Tampa (August 2009)
Disney Wonder - Bahamas - R/T Port Canaveral (July 2009)
Diamond Princess - Alaska - Whittier to Vancouver (May 2009)
HAL Oosterdam - Mexican Riviera - R/T San Diego (Nov. 2008)
RC Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas/Key West - R/T Miami (Oct. 2007)

<center></center>
Michigan
1,000 Posts
Joined Feb 2014
Originally posted by TargetsMom
We are booked on 10/21 AotS sailing. Our hotel (Caribe Hilton) just cancelled our res.

k.
Royal has canceled the 9/30 sailing, so they're getting closer to your date.

Since I don't see it anywhere else in this thread, I'll quote the relevant portion of today's update from Royal Caribbean for Adventure of the Seas:

The following sailing is being cancelled:

Adventure of the Seas: September 30

Given the impact of Hurricane Maria, we are cancelling this cruise to utilize the ship for evacuation and humanitarian efforts. The ship will arrive on Wednesday, September 27 and will operate humanitarian calls in San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Croix to aid in the evacuation and donate critical supplies to each destination. The ship will bring evacuees to Fort Lauderdale before returning to San Juan on October 6 to prepare for the October 7th cruise.

We are very sorry for the impact this storm has had on your vacation. The cruise fare and fees will be 100% refunded to the original form of payment, and we are also offering a 25% future cruise credit, based on the cruise fare, if a new cruise is booked in the next 30 days. Pre-booked shore excursions will also be refunded to your original form of payment.
Middle of Tennessee
3,379 Posts
Joined May 2003
ST. MAARTEN STATUS:
(Viking has not cancelled St. M as a port stop for our cruise leaving NYC 10/14)

Just received the following information by email from a person who LIVES on St. Maarten and has a downtown business in vicinity of cruise port.
"....I honestly do not think your ship will be here on 10/27. It has been announced that there wlll be the first cruise ship coming on 11/11.
Downtown and the boardwalk are a mess. They don't even have full electricity there yet, so businesses cannot even clean up yet.
I am sure they will have to substitute the SXM port of call. Have a nice cruise though and we will be up and running soon, I hope...."

I am quite interested in the status at Antigua & St. Kitts, as those are stops for our cruise. Also I am quite interested in the previous info about San Juan, because this Viking cruise is supposed to disembark us at SJ 10/27.....so far no change in disembarkation port....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

CRUISE HISTORY = 50 cruises (1 Transatlantic, 1 Rhine River, 1 Danube River, 5 Alaska, 4 Panama Canal, 1 California coastal, 1 Hawaii, 2 NewEngl/Canada & 34 Eastern/Western/Southern Caribbean) 449 days.
1 cruise on VIKING OCEAN: Viking Sea to eastern Caribbean from NYC to SJU in Oct. 2017.....most amazing ship!!
24 cruises PRINCESS: Grand 5x; old Crown 3x, Caribbean 4x, Ruby 2x, Sun 2x, Dawn, Diamond, Ocean, Sea, Island, Coral, new Crown 2x -- we love the Elite perks! (197 days)
9 on HOLLAND: Nieuw Amsterdam, Statendam, Westerdam 3x, Volendam, Veendam 2x, Zuiderdam -- 3 Star (77 days)
7 on CELEBRITY: Millennium, Solstice, Silhouette, Century, Reflection, Summit 2x (48 days)
6 on ROYAL CARIB: Radiance 2x, Brilliance, Voyager of Seas, Independence of Seas 2x (55 days)
2 on VIKING RIVER: Sun (Rhine River Antwerp-Basel 14 days), Bragi (Danube River Budapest-Nurmberg 7 days),
1 on CARNIVAL Triumph (7 days)
Michigan
1,000 Posts
Joined Feb 2014
I found a dollar match offer for donations for those affected by Maria. The Kroger Foundation is matching contributions on their site dollar for dollar to a limit of $25,000. In case you didn't know, Kroger is a chain of grocery stores under the Kroger name, and others, that stretches across most of the nation. The donation page is at https://www.redcross.org/donate/cm/kroger-pub .
Nashville, TN
590 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
Originally posted by Honolulu Blue
I found a dollar match offer for donations for those affected by Maria. The Kroger Foundation is matching contributions on their site dollar for dollar to a limit of $25,000. In case you didn't know, Kroger is a chain of grocery stores under the Kroger name, and others, that stretches across most of the nation. The donation page is at https://www.redcross.org/donate/cm/kroger-pub .
Kroger is the biggest grocery store chain in Tennessee. But I have stopped donating to Red Cross after reading the details of their organization and hearing the stories told by people who really needed some help in emergencies but didn't get it. Salvation Army and Samaritan's Purse is now the organizations we donate to.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
~ Shari











Charlotte, NC
348 Posts
Joined Jul 2017
Originally posted by skoeper
Kroger is the biggest grocery store chain in Tennessee. But I have stopped donating to Red Cross after reading the details of their organization and hearing the stories told by people who really needed some help in emergencies but didn't get it. Salvation Army and Samaritan's Purse is now the organizations we donate to.
Samaritan's Purse certainly.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pride of America 2006
Sapphire Princess 2008
Splendour of the Seas 2014
Explorer of the Seas 2015
Freedom of the Seas 2016
Silhouette 2018
SoCal
2,376 Posts
Joined Aug 2004
Regent cancelled stops several stops today. Post on a thread on the Regent forum:

We have updated itineraries on Eastern Caribbean voyages due to Hurricane Irma and Maria. For the time being, we've replaced calls to San Juan, St. Maarten, and Dominica. Please visit our website to view the new and revised itineraries which have been updated today.
Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Illinois, United States
37 Posts
Joined Sep 2013
We are less then a month from Celebrity Silhoutte 7 day cruise and heard Puerto Rico is on iteninary. Can anyone who has been to San Juan in the last 2 weeks tell us how the conditions and if all of us should contact Celebrity to DEMAND a change in port if it's depressing to see devastation.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
-Norwegian Pearl(1) Alaska
-Celebrity Reflection (2x) Meditarrean and Carribean
-Princess (1) Cozumel
Upcoming(11/19/2017 Silhoutte)
Nashville, TN
1,760 Posts
Joined Oct 2015
Originally posted by Mrs.JSparrow
We are less then a month from Celebrity Silhoutte 7 day cruise and heard Puerto Rico is on iteninary. Can anyone who has been to San Juan in the last 2 weeks tell us how the conditions and if all of us should contact Celebrity to DEMAND a change in port if it's depressing to see devastation.
I think you should give Celebrity a call and demand a port change. Let us know how that goes.

litchfield, new hampshire
129 Posts
Joined Sep 2015
Originally posted by Mrs.JSparrow
....all of us should contact Celebrity to DEMAND a change in port if it's depressing to see devastation.
Rally the troops, boys, into the breach....
"Theirs not to reason why, theirs but to do and die"
You SHALL prevail >> either in fact, or in narrative verse composed to honor your valiant effort!!
Illinois, United States
37 Posts
Joined Sep 2013
Iteninary has been changed...thank you
Originally posted by MikeBTN
I think you should give Celebrity a call and demand a port change. Let us know how that goes.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
-Norwegian Pearl(1) Alaska
-Celebrity Reflection (2x) Meditarrean and Carribean
-Princess (1) Cozumel
Upcoming(11/19/2017 Silhoutte)