BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:34 PM.
27 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
I was wanting to bring a drone on my cruise, but my DW swears she read they are not allowed. She can't seem to recall if they are not allowed to be flown on board (understandable) or not allowed at all, for ports. Does anyone have any experience with this, and which cruise lines have policies about them?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app
Los Angeles
283 Posts
Joined Dec 2013
Google: "drones on cruise ships". You'll have plenty to read. Also search "drones" here on CruiseCritic.
You might also check the websites of cruiselines, especially the one you may be cruising on, for their rules.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
JohnAmtrak - 30,000 miles: Coast Starlight, Empire Builder, California Zephyr, Southwest Chief, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Capitol Limited, Pacific Surfliner.
Other rail - White Pass and Yukon Route Railway - Skagway to Carcross, Grand Canyon Railway, Fillmore and Western Railway, Napa Valley Wine Train, Metrolink, Private railcar excursions.
17,890 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Originally posted by swomel
I was wanting to bring a drone on my cruise, but my DW swears she read they are not allowed. She can't seem to recall if they are not allowed to be flown on board (understandable) or not allowed at all, for ports. Does anyone have any experience with this, and which cruise lines have policies about them?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app
Your particular cruise line will have an FAQ section on their web site that specifies what cannot be brought on board. That might quickly answer your question about whether or not you can bring it along.

You then need to check the specific ports to see if there are any laws in them.

Good luck.
United States
1,345 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
Realize also, your cruise probably goes to other countries, who may have differing laws about drones.

I would leave it home.
Edmonton, Canada
486 Posts
Joined Dec 2013
listed in Prohibited items in what to pack FAQ

"Drones also referred to as Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) or Remotely Piloted Aerial Vehicle (RPA), and any other remote controlled aerial devices/toys."
Central Florida
571 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Just got off a Holland America ship in November. In the custom's area in FLL when disembarking, there was a table with the sign "Confiscated items for Pickup". On the table were 2 drones in boxes, tagged with the passenger's names. I agree with other posts, leave it home and enjoy the cruise.
27 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
We just got off the Carnival Dream, and their print policy has been updated on the website as well. Drones are allowed to be used in ports only, we took one, and used it, as well as took it on every port day with not the slightest hassle.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
United States
1,345 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
Just realize that drones may be more regulated in other countries. And use of one may get you fined or jailed.