Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:34 PM.
California
110 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
Has any one used Sky Roam internationally? Did it work? Did you like it? Would you recommend it?
We are going to Australia and New Zealand and wonder how well it works there.

It says it can connect 5 devices to it and I have 3 devices.

I am thinking about buying the device for $80 and then just using it on the days I need it for $8 a day.
that Seems much cheaper than renting for a full 24 day trip where 4 days are out at sea and it doesn't work at sea but if you rent it for $9.99/day you pay for those days whether you use it or not.
Central Illinois
117,639 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Originally posted by frankp01
They are both small, international hot spots that allow up to 5 devices to connect. The pricing on both is similar : about $8/day for "unlimited" wifi.
Interesting, thanks for the info.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bob

Past Cruises

Celebrity: Mercury
RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Brilliance, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Jewel, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Oasis, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Vision, Voyager
Las Vegas, NV
889 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
I used skyroam in the Baltic and Med cruises and it seems to work pretty good with multiple devices. I got WiFi on a sea day sailing thru the Greek isles. I like having to buy 24 hrs at a time vs a whole block of days plus rental fees. It’s cheaper owning the device.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Philadelphia, PA
144 Posts
Joined May 2004
> I like having to buy 24 hrs at a time vs a whole block of days plus rental fees. It’s cheaper owning the device.

Yes, if I were to use a similar device again I'd purchase it before the trip. That's partly why I asked for info comparing TEP to SkyRoam.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Forums mobile app
Maine
7 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
Good morning. Just wondering whether anyone has additional info on this thread re "skyroam". We are cruising Southern Caribbean soon and have the device. Wondering if will work on the ship? Thank you in advance.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Philadelphia, PA
144 Posts
Joined May 2004
I can tell you that It won't work on the ship if you're out of the reach of land-based cellular signals. Someone else will have to chime in with how long/how often you'll have a signal.

Maine
7 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
Thanks so much!

Originally posted by anthonyy7
Only when you are within range of a island with towers will it work. Coming in/out port or sailing by.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Maine
7 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
Thanks so much!

Originally posted by frankp01
I can tell you that It won't work on the ship if you're out of the reach of land-based cellular signals. Someone else will have to chime in with how long/how often you'll have a signal.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature