Will I really feel a difference on the Sensation?

beans79

This will be my 5th Cruise and the first time on a smaller ship. I keep reading posts about people really feeling the boat move more in comparison to the larger boats. These are all recent reviews so I suspect it’s the time of year and rough sea? We are traveling the end of April and based on the last few cruises the weather has been fantastic. So the question is will I need to worry about getting sea sick on this ship because it’s older and smaller.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This will be my 5th Cruise and the first time on a smaller ship. I keep reading posts about people really feeling the boat move more in comparison to the larger boats. These are all recent reviews so I suspect it’s the time of year and rough sea? We are traveling the end of April and based on the last few cruises the weather has been fantastic. So the question is will I need to worry about getting sea sick on this ship because it’s older and smaller.

We sailed Fascination two weeks ago. This was the smallest ship we have sailed since our first cruise on Paradise in 2000. Our other 22 Carnival cruises have been on Spirit, Conquest, Destiny, Splendor, Dream, and Vista classes.

We had one night where there was a little rolling. My husband and I felt nothing but a friend, who gets seasick fairly easily, was queasy. Size of the ship didn't matter because we all had the same experiences on Splendor lost year.

I don't think age of a ship matters. Weather conditions are the most important factor. There's really no way to know when rough seas will pop up.

Have a great cruise.

Crossing the Gulf has an area that rocks a bit, crossing the Gulf Stream off the Atlantic coast of Florida rocks a bit, and yes, weather does affect the smaller ships a bit more as does location.

On the Fantasy class, lower levels towards the back feel movement, and the engines, the front feels the waves, and anchor in the am arrivals!