Navigation Deck on Koningsdam...noisy?

Cruise Junky

8097 looks it is directly under the Dive In kitchen which opens in time for lunch and closes by about Dinner time on the ships I have been on. Cabins are below it. Should be quiet at night, not sure how much noise during the time leading up to lunch and during the day.

8097 looks it is directly under the Dive In kitchen which opens in time for lunch and closes by about Dinner time on the ships I have been on. Cabins are below it. Should be quiet at night, not sure how much noise during the time leading up to lunch and during the day.

That's fine, as long as it's not 3 am. I found one review that gave the cabin 5 stars and mentioned nothing about noise so I'm hoping I'm ok.

It looks like the hall door end is below the traffic aisle between the pool and dining areas, so you may hear footsteps during the day and early evening. We had a deck 8 VA under the pool area on the N.A. and the only time the footstep noise was significant was on the night of the Chocolate Extravaganza, for about 90 minutes.

]8097 looks it is directly under the Dive In kitchen which opens in time for lunch and closes by about Dinner time [/b]on the ships I have been on. Cabins are below it. Should be quiet at night' date=' not sure how much noise during the time leading up to lunch and during the day.[/quote']

Just a minor correction - Dive In on Koningsdam is open until 8 every night, but is nowhere as busy as during lunch or afternoons at pool. I've seen it usually run by one person at that time.

It looks like the hall door end is below the traffic aisle between the pool and dining areas, so you may hear footsteps during the day and early evening. We had a deck 8 VA under the pool area on the N.A. and the only time the footstep noise was significant was on the night of the Chocolate Extravaganza, for about 90 minutes.

You had a chocolate extravaganza on Koningsdam? Are they bringing that back again? I used to look forward to that sweet feast but haven't seen it in years. m--

You had a chocolate extravaganza on Koningsdam?
The last time we saw it was on the P'dam four years ago. Edited by jtl513

• 7 months later...

HI, I am taking a cruise and have 8097 on Koningsdam as well. I know the balcony is extremely large but have heard the overhang on the balcony can be a nuisance when you are trying to take pictures of the scenery. Do you have any issues like that?

• 5 months later...
we have a V on 8. Has anyone had a cabin on that deck that can comment on noise from above? We're in 8097. Seems like any large balcony Vs on other decks are being reserved for the longer versions of the cruise

Thanks.

New here so not sure I am doing this right. We are booked in 8097 for a trip next year. Wondering what the noise level was like and if you had any pictures of the balcony?

We were in 8099, a Vista suite, for a 21 day collector in November of 2017. We did hear some noise that sounded like rolling service carts late at night and early in the morning. The only thing we could guess was that carts for cleaning up and setting up the Dive In could be to blame. Wasn't really bad enough to mess up our sleep, but was a bit annoying. When we booked the room, we thought it would be totally quiet being under the aft end of the Dive In and a little bit of the Canaletto, but I guess not. I would not worry about it.

The larger verandah will be nice, but keep in mind that at cruise speeds you will catch a lot of wind.

Enjoy your trip

Edited by jbecker6469
add comment

I stayed in 8097 with my 3 sisters Jan 14 - Jan 24th. The balcony is large (larger than normal and the furthest part from the cabin is pie shaped. It is sold as a quad, but is way too small for 4. The location is great and I don't remember any noise. The view is wonderful from the balcony as the (pie section) sticks out from the other balconies in that location and it's a nice view. Hope you enjoy the cabin as much as we did!