Spring Break on Norwegian Sky?

Miller200

I know it is my own fault but, We book our first cruise on the Sky March 19th. Now after reading the many informative post i fear we might be in a little bit of a pickle.

Now I am as fun as the next guy, but the stories should truly awful. Or maybe we are worried for nothing?

Any insight would be helpful:

Age mix

Security

Bartenders over serving

It falls during the spring break of four of the five largest colleges in Florida... and probably all the community colleges near them as they tend to sync up schedules.

But most weekend cruises tend to skew to a younger crowd.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Many of the horrific stories were a result of this partial charter:

http://www.collegepartycruise.com/pricing/

They only book the Monday-Friday 4 night option. For this year it looks like they have the March 5-9 and March 12-16 on the Sky as options. We did a 3 night in between their charters two years ago and it was fine.

So if you are on one of the 3 nights you might be OK- most college spring break is one week, so the Monday- Friday works better than the weekend (which spans two school weeks).

Edited to add that I see you are on one of the 4 nights- but at least it's not one that College Party Cruise has chartered.

In March 2016 my hubby, 19 year old son and I were on the Sky. We were 50 years old and freaked out when we finally realized just how many college aged (drinking aged!) kids would be on our cruise. We cruise yearly, in suites and we were in an aft suite on this cruise. We survived the cruise! Yes, there was lots of loud kids who were mainly having tipsy to drunken fun. We also were having tipsy drunken-ish fun.

Our co-cruisers were mostly polite and talkative to us. Probably because we extended the same to them. Maybe they were nice to us because of our age, maybe we were a curiosity to them?!

I can say there were incidents of feather ruffling, chest puffing and some near fights, but we never witnessed blows. I would NOT get into a hot tub as some people didn't leave for hours. We witnessed a man stay in a tub on our Dawn cruise out of PR for over 5 hours. He actually had people bring him hot dogs which he ate in the tub! Gross!

The last night there were people running up and down the halls and banging on doors. I slept through it thanks to my earplugs and the alcohol, but it kept hubby up 'til very late/early.

BTW...we did sign for my son to drink beer, ciders and wine. The bartenders did not serve him anything outside of that and their computer system oly allowed a certain number of drinks per hour as once he was denied service and had to wait a bit before he could get a beer. The bartender was not rude, simply explained the situation. I do not know if they still have this policy or not.

Go with an open mind, earplugs and be friendly to all and you will have a good cruise! Also, you may want to go to the sit down restaurant for breakfast and lunch to escape from the boisterous fun. p.s....watch where you step. Yep, you will experience that as well.

Years ago we we made the mistake of booking a cruise during spring break. There were 700+ kids from Vanderbilt and 500+ from Auburn onboard. We had to step over a few drunken kids passed out in the hallways and I couldn't get into the hot tubs after 10:00 in the morning. I won't make a complete list of all the irritations but there were many.

The one upside was all the eye candy for a 60 year old man.

Since then we have avoided cruising in March and April just to be safe. If anyone could tell me when spring break begins and ends it would be great.

Prime spring break season in the Northeast anyway is the week of St. Patrick’s day. I have always thought it was intentional by the colleges to avoid that on campus. We have for a variety of reasons gone during that timeframe with limited issues. We have had more challenges in our pre cruise hotel option and tend to now pick a more expensive one as the Florida hotels are also filled with breakers....an adult beverage or two does soften the blow of the noise and drama but as one other poster said ear plugs are always good to have just in case! Happy cruise!

In prior years people have posted comprehensive lists of the major colleges and the spring breaks. Typically it runs most of March with some fall over to late February and early April.

Spring break on NCL is mild compared to Carnival.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

Ok we just got off the sky on Friday, only about 200 spring breakers. They mostly sat around the pool, not from a organized tour. Saw a lot of nice college kids. Some party animals but the staff kept it cool. We heard that the week before had over 1300 from college party cruises tour group and it was hell on the sea. They had theater rope for the crush at all the bars. They brought in special DJs that whoop whoop all nigh and day.

We found out that if they are not a big group it was just fine and we had a wonderful time. Sky staff is outstanding, go see “Wolfe” at the Longboard bar in the afternoon/ evening and you will enjoy