Carnival Cruise in May on the Sensation

tiwi

I have a few questions for you all:

1. I am flying into FLL. How long is the travel time from airport to terminal. Flight lands at 9:05 a.m.

2. About what time was your cabin ready?

3. How long did you wait to get on the ship from your check in time (mine check in is 11:00 - 11:30)?

Thanks so much (still trying to figure out if Faster to the Fun is worth the cost).

Cruising in less than a month! :)

You do realize that Sensation sails from Miami, not FLL? It's an expensive taxi to Port of Miami...It's at least 45 min. depending on traffic. If you haven't already looked into transport, head over to the Florida Departures board here, under North American Homeports... I would allow two hours to get off the plane, get your luggage, and meet your transportation. EM

We flew into FLL and then took the Carnival shuttle to Miami in August. Next year we are doing it again but I will do Uber, It's not that expensive. I just googled it and it said $30.

That's about exactly what time we landed. Taking the shuttle took too long because we had to stop and pick up people. If you take an Uber you'll go much faster. Enjoy it! You'll have a blast!

Yes, I know it ports from Miami. Flights into FLL are much cheaper. Already have transportation scheduled with SAS transportation $30 roundtrip. Even with that cost the flight to FLL is less expensive :)

We just went on the Sensation.

Here are my answers:

1. I am flying into FLL. How long is the travel time from airport to terminal. Flight lands at 9:05 a.m.

FLL to Port of Miami is about 45 mins. Take Uber or Lyft. We paid about $50 for a Lyft.

2. About what time was your cabin ready? 1:30pm for us

3. How long did you wait to get on the ship from your check in time (mine check in is 11:00 - 11:30)?

This was a cluster for our trip. They have people reserve a time to embark and then at the terminal they let anyone in. We had the 11.30am to noon time slot and the waiting room was PACKED at 11:45. We sat a good 30-40 minutes before we lined up to get on the ship. Note, for our ship you go from passing security, getting an assigned group to enter the ship on and then you enter the ship. You do NOT go up to the desk to get your pic taken and provide a credit card.

I agree cabins are ready by about 1:30. I don't think I'd do FTTF if I were you just for the embarkation benefit. Check your big bags and keep a small carry on with you if you want to change into a swimsuit. Everything would have to go like clockwork for you to get onboard early enough to benefit from the additional perks. If your flight is delayed, or your Uber ride hits nasty traffic (Miami, people!), or the terminal is busy, it could easily be close to 1:30 by the time you board anyway.

If you want it for the short guest services line, the priority debarkation after the cruise, or for priority tendering at ports of call, that's a different story.

Uber is the way to go. We took it from the port of Miami to the FLL airport and were there in a little over 30 minutes and the cost was around $30 total for 4 passengers. It was so efficient that we were at the airport by 7:45am. We would definitely do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums