Empress Deck 8– near life boats

i really appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance. We are booked on Empress staterooms 8648 and 50). The deck plan does not show these are obstructed ocean viewr ooms (deck 7 below is) but I read a post here that these rooms are obstructed by the lifeboats. Im not sure how much and ’m not sure if RCI will give me a better choice. So trying to receive more info if anyone knows this part of the ship . If I go this route, How do I change my room?

Unless you are way forward or way aft, there is a possibility of some degree of obstruction. Not the lifeboat itself like on deck 7, but fittings.

See attached, and you can probably figure out where your cabin is with the help of a deck plan. I had one of the further aft unobstructed cabins on 8, but the window seal was broken, so the window was too cloudy to see anything. It did give me nice natural light, tho.

2046031281_EmpressStarboardside.thumb.jpg.17abdceae454d3332a2624d6e535b855.jpg

I can tell you that Deck 7 room 7120 definitely was obstructed.. We didn't mind so much as we were only in our room to shower and sleep lol

Thanks Rick. We booked 7116. Hoping for some view. At least it is suppose to be slightly larger than most insides.

Heather.