Sky a party ship now?

ihrtcruise

Haven't been on this particular ship with the open bar but a lot of these 3 or 4 day weekend cruises tend to be party especially during spring break. Whether it's on Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity the fact that its a short cruise tends to attract the younger who are up for a weekend of partying and drinking.

I've been on it twice since the open bar started, and twice prior. I didn't notice a difference, including a March weekend two years ago (but it was over Easter weekend, so more young kids than partying adults). Honestly I thought they were very good about not "overserving" and did see some people refused drinks at the pool bar one afternoon (they were obviously over their limit- the bartender just kind of ignored them and served everyone else). But it wasn't a noticeable problem.

I think it would be perfect for a girls weekend.

Been on the Sky 5 times last 12 months. No different than b/4 all inclusive. Usually do the 4 day and no problems. Last week, wife and I the only ones at the aft great outdoor bar in the am. Most trips bar full. Stormy

FIVE times in 12 months? Man, I can only dream about going that much. You must live close to the port eh?

Been on the Sky 5 times last 12 months. No different than b/4 all inclusive. Usually do the 4 day and no problems. Last week, wife and I the only ones at the aft great outdoor bar in the am. Most trips bar full. Stormy

When I grow up, can I be you? Five times in a year! Amazing!

Was on the 3 day in November with my wife (early 40’s) for a quick weekend getaway.

We are partying types and had a great time. There were several (5-6) large groups (40th birthday group, couple of bachelorette parties, etc.) and no one really got too crazy.

It was a blast, have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

We were on the Sky for a 3 day in early February. It wasn't a "loud party ship". There were several 'girls groups' small (8 people?) and large ( a group of 'Bama mamas' 30?) and they were having a good time! There are people at the bars, at the pool, at the Glow party, all over, having a good time. No one was obnoxious or stinking drunk. We are a couple in our 60's and our 30 ish son and his girlfriend were with us. They partied later than we did and had a good time as well.

Pam and I are really big fans of the Sky and have been on it many times over the past several years. We like the smaller size and the always enthusiastic Cruise Director Staff.

That being said we haven’t seen much of a difference in the passengers from before it became an “open bar” ship.

Nowadays other than the Pride

Of America I believe all of NCLs ships offer the beverage package as one of the Feel Free offerings so technically all of the ships can be open bar if you choose that perk when you book.

I just got of this ship last weekend. There was a large mix of people. I would say more over 40 than under. Very few families. There was not crazy drunken behavior with people stumbling all over, if that is what you are asking. They have improved since the first time I went on with open bar over a year ago. Very easy to get drinks and they will make pretty much anything!

Question for Stormy:

Was the D'Revelation band on Sky when you were there last week?