Majesty of the Seas drydock.

I thought I read she was refurbished in April 2016. Refurbished, drydock? ...

Yes, Majesty had a dry dock on 2016, but it was abbreviated due to some issues with a different ship.

Considering the amount of people sailing on her, and the inflated prices that those cruisers paid, it was a great investment.

Yes, passenger wise. But RCI spent way...way over budget to do continual renovation on Empress...which took money away from planned dry dock improvements from MJ.

And booking dates are only into early next year.

Yes, passenger wise. But RCI spent way...way over budget to do continual renovation on Empress...which took money away from planned dry dock improvements from MJ.

And booking dates are only into early next year.

Again, when you look at the rates people were paying on such a tiny and old ship, over budget was still the right move.

It was not until recently that the Majesty was considered to do the runs the Empress is doing. So put in the context of when the upgrades were done, and the overall impact of costs- it was still a smart move. Full ship, and higher average cabin costs than pretty much every other ship.

Now the same upgrades need to happen to the Majesty to make the high fare prices more worth it.

I really hope they add a Chops and upgrade the ship. When we booked, we booked the Empress because of the upgrades and Cuba route. I kinda feel duped. Now, if I cancel we lose our $200 deposit. Not cool..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Again, when you look at the rates people were paying on such a tiny and old ship, over budget was still the right move.

It was not until recently that the Majesty was considered to do the runs the Empress is doing. So put in the context of when the upgrades were done, and the overall impact of costs- it was still a smart move. Full ship, and higher average cabin costs than pretty much every other ship.

Now the same upgrades need to happen to the Majesty to make the high fare prices more worth it.

OK...my conversation with JD (HD on MJ) was a tad bit different than your views...but you must have your sources I am sure ;)

Keep hearing that they will add Chops this time.

Bob,

We are booked Jan.19-24, before dry dock and then again April 9-13 after dry dock. This morning I logged into April cruise to see about dining reservations and they still are only offering "Chef's Table" in April. I was hoping there would be Chops as many of us have been told.

Grace

Bob,

We are booked Jan.19-24, before dry dock and then again April 9-13 after dry dock. This morning I logged into April cruise to see about dining reservations and they still are only offering "Chef's Table" in April. I was hoping there would be Chops as many of us have been told.

Grace

Let's hope they are just being cautious this time and not taking any reservations until they are sure Chops is being added.

Bob,

Grace

Hi Grace,

I will stay in touch. I would love a review of the ship post dry dock.

-dss

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bob,

Grace

"Sea" you on board! :)

"Sea" you on board! :)

Are you going to be on board on one of our two cruises? Have been looking forward to meeting you and sailing with you. I always enjoy your posts as you provide accurate, valuable Port Canaveral information.

Grace

OK...my conversation with JD (HD on MJ) was a tad bit different than your views...but you must have your sources I am sure ;)

I'm with you. The ROI on Empress was abysmal. 1,800 pax, and high prices didn't last long. What a horrible waste of resources.

And how about all the losses from the delayed and cancelled sailings because of the drydock fiasco.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

We sailed on Majesty back in October, lovely ship, not been on anything so small since Monarch, We really liked the public areas, it was lovely to have the viking crown as a complete 360 view, not so keen on the cabin area, forgot how small they were, it was only for 4 days though so bearable, we did encounter some of the unhappiest crew though, not sure if they feel undervalued or overworked. There were lots of repeat cruisers onboard though so she is very popular.

Are you going to be on board on one of our two cruises? Have been looking forward to meeting you and sailing with you. I always enjoy your posts as you provide accurate, valuable Port Canaveral information.

Grace

Aww...that is so very sweet..thank you! I enjoy so many helpful suggestions and directions from our members on these boards, thus I have simply tried to help out where I can also. :)

We are on MJ for her upcoming unusual 5 night on the 19th, 5 days after we disembark the Jewel out of San Juan. I believe you are on that one as well? "Sea" you on board! :cool:

I'm with you. The ROI on Empress was abysmal. 1,800 pax, and high prices didn't last long. What a horrible waste of resources.

And how about all the losses from the delayed and cancelled sailings because of the drydock fiasco.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Yup, totally agree. Empress was a huge mistake in losses. JD was not a happy camper when Royal took much $$ away from MJ when Empress went way over budget in renovations and constant repairs. :o

Aww...that is so very sweet..thank you! I enjoy so many helpful suggestions and directions from our members on these boards, thus I have simply tried to help out where I can also. :)

We are on MJ for her upcoming unusual 5 night on the 19th, 5 days after we disembark the Jewel out of San Juan. I believe you are on that one as well? "Sea" you on board! :cool:

Not sailing Jewel out of San Juan. We sailed Jewel 2 times when she was ported in Tampa. Great ship and crew at that time. Yes, we are on MJ for the 5 night cruise in January. I have not been posting on roll call because I don't care for format since CC changed it. I liked when I could sign on and hit "Last Post Read" and enjoy exchanges with fellow cruisers. Now there is no continuity and I don't care to take the time to try to figure out what I read last. Also, in past I have missed posts from other cruisers for days. Buried somewhere. We will be at Diamond event each evening and hope to "Sea" you there.

Not sailing Jewel out of San Juan. We sailed Jewel 2 times when she was ported in Tampa. Great ship and crew at that time. Yes, we are on MJ for the 5 night cruise in January. I have not been posting on roll call because I don't care for format since CC changed it. I liked when I could sign on and hit "Last Post Read" and enjoy exchanges with fellow cruisers. Now there is no continuity and I don't care to take the time to try to figure out what I read last. Also, in past I have missed posts from other cruisers for days. Buried somewhere. We will be at Diamond event each evening and hope to "Sea" you there.

This is what I do: Page up to the top of this page where it shows your avatar screen name on the top right hand side. Use the drop down arrow and click on "subscribed threads". Then scroll down and you will find the threads and roll call threads you have been recently posting on. Works very well for me! :)

Yes, sorry...I meant we will be on the MJ 1/19 cruise with you. :) And indeed "Sea" you on board. I will be the one that is gimping around in an "Aircast" on my left foot.. (Broke it on Brilliance two weeks ago :().

We sailed on Majesty back in October, lovely ship, not been on anything so small since Monarch, We really liked the public areas, it was lovely to have the viking crown as a complete 360 view, not so keen on the cabin area, forgot how small they were, it was only for 4 days though so bearable, we did encounter some of the unhappiest crew though, not sure if they feel undervalued or overworked. There were lots of repeat cruisers onboard though so she is very popular.

We were just onboard Majesty over Christmas. Our experience was much different than yours and seemed to be echoed by everyone we talked to while onboard. The crew was AWESOME. It has been a long time since we had such an attentive and friendly crew on a ship actually. Would HIGHLY recommend sailing on her just for the crew.