Anyone stayed in the front balcony on Norwegian Sky deck 10?

tallyho8

I have the very front balcony on the Sky booked on deck 10. The ship narrows ahead of this balcony and I was wondering if there was a solid partition on the front side of this balcony to keep from getting hit with direct wind while cruising since there is nothing in front of this balcony.

I sailed in the suite forward on the 8th floor. The balcony was huge and the room was amazing but when the ship is cruising it can get windy. if you are lying on the loungers on the deck it is fine because you are below the railing and don't feel it. I really enjoyed that room

With this cabin, are there restrictions about when you can use the balcony and rules regarding lights from your cabin that may mess with the bridge?

If you're asking about the forward balcony suites on the smaller ships - these are some of our favorite cabins. Love the huge balcony and great views.

They can be windy when the ship is underway (it depends on the wind direction), but you can easily step back and get out of the wind. The front and side walls of the balcony are solid steel.

You are asked not to have the balcony light on at night, or to have your cabin lights on and then leave your window curtains or balcony door open, because the light from your cabin can interfere with the night vision of the crew on the bridge. However, as long as you are careful about the lights, there's no restriction on when you can use your balcony.

Be careful, though, about the large steel weather door that closes outside of the cabin balcony door. The wind can catch this door and it's HEAVY and can hurt you. The cabin steward will often close this door at night when he/she turns down your cabin, but there's no reason you can't open it again. Just make sure it latches on the hook in the wall outside the cabin to stay open. You'll want to close it before you go to sleep, or the wind will whistle through the edges of the cabin balcony door.

I have the very front balcony on the Sky booked on deck 10. The ship narrows ahead of this balcony and I was wondering if there was a solid partition on the front side of this balcony to keep from getting hit with direct wind while cruising since there is nothing in front of this balcony.

The forward facing balconies are the best!

It is a hull balcony, so there is solid steel in front of you. If it is windy standing at the rail, take 2 steps back, or have a seat on a chair at the rail, and you will be out of the wind.

You can use your balcony 24/7. There are signs that ask that you keep your drapes closed at night. We have spent many evenings on a forward facing balcony, enjoying the 180+ degree views.