Radiance cruise cancelled last minute

Just rec'd an email from Royal that the Radiance cruise on 4/6 has been cancelled. We were to fly from LAX to SYD tomorrow. What a mess!

Dear Guest,

We are reaching out to let you know that, regrettably, we have to cancel your Radiance of the Seas, April 6, 2018 sailing. A technical issue has just occurred that limits the operation of one of the ship’s azipods. Unfortunately, this issue must be remedied immediately. We are very sorry for the impact this unexpected issue has had on your vacation plans. While we know there is nothing we can do to make up for your missed cruise, we do hope the below compensation offer shows you how much we look forward to welcoming you onboard in the future.

Compensation details:

We will be providing you with a full refund of your cruise as well as a 100% Future Cruise Credit.

Your refund will be automatically processed to the form of payment used to pay for your booking. You should see these refunds post to your account in the next 5-10 business days.

In the hope that you will come sail with us again soon, you will also receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit. This credit will be based on the cruise fare portion paid, non-inclusive of taxes and fees. This certificate is valid for one year and will be sent to the email on file in the next week.

For guests that are flying in:

For our Air2Sea guests or guests that purchased air directly with Royal Caribbean, we will be providing you with a full refund of your airfare. Additionally, we will reach out to you or your travel partner to work through new travel arrangements.

If you purchased air on your own, we will be reimbursing change fees of up to $200 per person for domestic flights and up to $300 per person for international flights (change in airline reservations must be like-for-like cabin class and a faxed/email copy of air fees assessed must be provided for reimbursement). Please submit your receipts within the next 30 days to RoyalGuestRelations@rccl.com.

Pre-purchased items:

Any pre-purchased items, like beverage packages, internet, or shore excursions, will be automatically refunded to the form of payment utilized.

We understand that some guests may be in transit, so please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. From North America, please reach out to us at 1-800-256-6649. From Australia, please feel free to contact 1-800-754-500.

We know this change is disappointing and sincerely regret being unable to deliver the cruise that you were looking forward to. Your vacation time is important to us and your safety is our highest priority. We do hope you will find a great vacation option with us in the near future.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

I am so sorry. Things can happen but this must be beyond disappointing for you.

Is there anyway to try to salvage the trip? Maybe book a hotel quickly and plan as you go? [emoji53]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

OMG I am sorry and Royal did well with compensating you. However I would ask for a 2 year FCC.

Can you somehow look for last monute options like another cruise for the same length like a Trans Atlantic? Call up Royal and ask them to get you on a new cruise ASAP.

Also see if they will honor the same rates for beverage packages shore excursions etc.

Wow, I am so sorry for such a late minute cancellation of such a wonderful itinerary. I just tried to pull up Radiance April sailings and I can't get it to show me anything on the Royal Caribbean website. I hope this doesn't mean there are going to be more cancellations. We are sailing Radiance in Alaska in May, so will be watching this situation closely.

This could get real ugly if they can't fix it in the next week - the following sailing is the TP to Hawaii.

And there are currently people on board who are doing B2B2B sailing back to the states. What a mess!

Two years of planning, gone at the last minute.

The "plan" was do the Radiance 11 night New Zealand, then 5 nights in Sydney (prepaid hotel and tours, of course) then board the Explorer transpac to Seattle.

Not sure what happens to the second cruise now. If they take the tact of "TS, that cruise isn't cancelled" I may just fly to Miami.

And there are currently people on board who are doing B2B2B sailing back to the states. What a mess!

I wonder if Royal will just let them stay on the ship - I assume the fix will happen right there near Sydney somewhere. 11 days in a hotel in Sydney is a sizable unexpected expense.

Two years of planning, gone at the last minute.

The "plan" was do the Radiance 11 night New Zealand, then 5 nights in Sydney (prepaid hotel and tours, of course) then board the Explorer transpac to Seattle.

Not sure what happens to the second cruise now. If they take the tact of "TS, that cruise isn't cancelled" I may just fly to Miami.

I guess Royal should pay for your nights and additional unplanned expenses to make the Explorer TA.

Is there anyone on the Radiance now that can give us an update on the fix. We are B2B with the April 6 and the April 17 TP and sure do not want to reschedule flying to Sydney from the US and then find out the April 17 cruise is also cancelled. David

Is there anyone on the Radiance now that can give us an update on the fix.

Chief may chime in here but doubtful even some of staff will know about the fix. Thankfully they have 2 weeks from today to plan and get it done.

I wonder if Royal will just let them stay on the ship - I assume the fix will happen right there near Sydney somewhere. 11 days in a hotel in Sydney is a sizable unexpected expense.

I hope so too. I can’t imagine the nightmare for so many, since the next cruises are transitioning back to the states, and like the OP here, many have multiple cruises organized.

Is there anyone on the Radiance now that can give us an update on the fix. We are B2B with the April 6 and the April 17 TP and sure do not want to reschedule flying to Sydney from the US and then find out the April 17 cruise is also cancelled. David

You may want to post in their roll call. Someone might get email notification and chime in. Good luck!

"If" they are going to be able to fix it dockside, we would take the "use it as a hotel" option. Obviously, they need to get it fixed before the TP, but I know that there are folks from the roll call that are either in the air or just arrived.

Need to be creative here.