Breeze health inspection

geckoaz

I read on another site thst the breeze sc:cool:ored a perfect 100 health score. I will be on the breeze next month. That is good carnival news. As a disclaimer i believe the test was before the change in the straw policy.

I read on another site thst the breeze sc:cool:ored a perfect 100 health score. I will be on the breeze next month. That is good carnival news. As a disclaimer i believe the test was before the change in the straw policy.

That is good because they FAILED the last time.

The article said the Breeze scored a perfect "100." "To earn a 100 score, cruise ships must recive perfect marks on all 44 items that comprise the USPH comrehensive Vessel Sanitation Program checklist." I guess you could say they received a 100% but I did not want to assume that was the correct term. I was happy with the result. I like report good things about carnival, especially if i will be on that ship in a few weeks.

The article said the Breeze scored a perfect "100." "To earn a 100 score, cruise ships must recive perfect marks on all 44 items that comprise the USPH comrehensive Vessel Sanitation Program checklist." I guess you could say they received a 100% but I did not want to assume that was the correct term. I was happy with the result. I like report good things about carnival, especially if i will be on that ship in a few weeks.

Even with a score of 100, there can be deficiencies noted, some of which could be as much as a 3 point deduction, that when scaled at the end of the inspection for the final score, were noted as zero point deductions. You need to read the inspection report to see if there were actually any deficiencies (very rare for there to be none, even with a score of 100).

Carnival is mirroring the stupid California law that restaurants can only give you a plastic straw if you ASK for it. No more straws on the counter, you have to ask for one [emoji53]

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Forums mobile app

I am currently in Ft Myers Beach and restaurants there only give paper straws now.....

Moving past straws and back to the topic of the OP -

In February and July of 2017, the Breeze received scores of 100 and 97. In December 2017, the score was 77 (anything below 86 is considered failing, or FAILING if you prefer). I did not delve deep into the reports, but seemed that many of the demerits on the July report (score of 97) were still not corrected by the December report (failing score of 77, also known as FAILING).

The offenses were things like trash was placed too close to foodstuff, out of commission equipment was being stored instead of offloaded (really, look it up), and some practices and conditions that could lead to contamination or an unhealthy environment if not addressed. There were no reports of actual danger to the passengers. I assume the December score is more a reflection on the inability of Carnival to remedy infractions between inspections.

This information is important so that no one panics just because a ship gets a failing CDC inspection score. Investigate the reason behind the score, and then you can panic.

This is also important to put cruisers on alert regarding Carnival. If someone gives you a list, or rather, a LIST of problems, and you can't get around to moving a simple trash bin within 5 months before the next inspection, there is something seriously lacking in your operations.

So, congratulations on the perfect score for the Breeze in April 2018!!

NOTE: Not a perfect inspection. You should see all the STUFF that was identified. But that is no different than any other ship across all the cruise lines.

PS - my next cruise is in June 2018, on the Breeze, with no worries about my health.

Yep. No points deducted. My son missed 3 questions on the SAT. He is ADD. He was not allowed to take honor classes. Based on responses here on CC, I guess i should have grounded him for missing those 3 questions. He went on to be in the 99.9 percent in verbal for graduate school exam. Only two other ships in the carnival fleet had a 100 in the past year. Glad i am on the breeze. Packing my own paper straws.:cool: