Carnival Breeze VS. Harmony of the Seas

Koolaid33

Looking to take a cruise out of Port Canaveral next year with our one-year-old and was wondering which ship to take. The Breeze and the Harmony both have similar7-day itineraries with the Breeze having one more port day. Prices are similar but the Harmony is a little more expensive on a balcony cabin. Please just let me know what your thoughts are. We have cruise both cruise lines but it has been about 5 years since our last time on Carnival or Royal.

I think either way you will enjoy yourself. The Oasis class is amazing, but I will not go out of my way to sail on one again. Nothing wrong, just not for me.

I am going back on CCL this year, and looking forward to it.

Two considerations thay may help: Harmony will have kids pool for 1year old. Carnival does not allow kids in diapers in any pools on any ships. Harmony has Royal Babies program, where you can pay hourly for childcare. Carnival may have very limited times for this. However, once child turns two Carnival has included childcare almost all the time. Royal starts included care at age 3.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you haven't been on either class of ship, then do Harmony by a mile. It's spectacular. For similar pricing? It's just not even a fair comparison. Once you have tried Harmony, then I would give Breeze a shot on a future cruise. I enjoy both, I have Allure and Magic coming up, but there is just no comparison between the two especially if pricing is similar. I booked Magic because the itinerary is interesting, the cruise is longer, and it's 20% cheaper for our sailing dates. For your situation, I can't think of any reason you would book Breeze over Harmony unless you have a 2 year old and would like to take advantage of the camp.

Harmony will be better for a 1 year old. Breeze better for a 2 year old. Harmony has a nice play area you can use as well as a really great nursery if you wish to use that, too. Plus Harmony has a large splash pad with all sorts of fun stuff for children in swim diapers. It's one of the only ships at sea that has this, actually. Breeze will have nothing. So my suggestion would be Harmony this time, then Carnival when your child is 2 - 3 years old as their camp for 2 year olds is unmatched. If you don't use the camps, the Harmony will slaughter Breeze every single time if pricing is similar.

Breeze is our favorite ship but the Harmony has a Wow factor Carnival has yet to compete with. Carnival's largest ships (Vista Class) have lots of complaints with lines and congestion. Royal does a much better job with crowds and lines on that class of ship.. The buffet layout on Harmony is far superior to anything Carnival has. Both ships are nice but Harmony has so much more to offer if the ports are not that important. Harmony is much newer. Can't comment on the kids stuff but for adults you can't go wrong with either ship. My choice would be for Harmony as the price is similar and the Harmony experience would be amazing.

Go with Carnival. Seems to me Royal has issues with Noro.

An odd comment. Noro is brought on by passengers and not indicative of any one cruise line.

OP : I would go with Harmony as they simply have better facilities for your little one including a splash area and activity area. Absolutely nothing wrong with Breeze but nothing Carnival has can compete with Royal's mega ships.

An odd comment. Noro is brought on by passengers and not indicative of any one cruise line.

OP : I would go with Harmony as they simply have better facilities for your little one including a splash area and activity area. Absolutely nothing wrong with Breeze but nothing Carnival has can compete with Royal's mega ships.

The poster was bringing to light that while it might not seem logical to you, royal does in fact have more instances (one currently ongoing with Anthem I believe) then the other major cruise lines. I have no idea why that would be so.

OP, I was not going to weigh in, but have changed my mind. I have sailed the Breeze 4 times and her sister ships another 3. I have sailed Oasis, but not on the Harmony. Op, the Oasis class is unique, of that there is no question (other than copying Carnival the slide....). When we sailed Oasis, it had remarkable features. That said it has drawbacks. Just another point of reference, but from my perspective bigger is certainly not better all the time. Decide for your self, let us know what you think when you return.

The poster was bringing to light that while it might not seem logical to you, royal does in fact have more instances (one currently ongoing with Anthem I believe) then the other major cruise lines. I have no idea why that would be so.

This is like saying Carnival has an issue with engine room fires and sewage backups.

This is like saying Carnival has an issue with engine room fires and sewage backups.

Who says you are not good at deflection. My comments were on topic and true. Yours.... not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Who says you are not good at deflection. My comments were on topic and true. Yours.... not so much.

Carnival Corp had, by far, the most norovirus outbreaks in 2017. Almost all of them and were widely reported as having failed numerous sanitation inspections. It was an embarrassment for the company.

Acting like a single incident on Royal suggests you are more likely to get sick on their ships is ridiculous. And all said, it's so rare on ALL ships that the comments are sensational, which was the point I made.

Carnival Corp had, by far, the most norovirus outbreaks in 2017. Almost all of them and were widely reported as having failed numerous sanitation inspections. It was an embarrassment for the company.

Acting like a single incident on Royal suggests you are more likely to get sick on their ships is ridiculous. And all said, it's so rare on ALL ships that the comments are sensational, which was the point I made.

Show me the numbers. I am commenting that I have seen more (way more) on royal products over the last day 5 years. Others have alluded to the same in numerous threads. Prove me wrong with details on noro. I think I was open about it not being tied to inspections.

We have sailed several cruises on carnival and this will be our third on royal, we did oasis last year and are going back this year, there is really no comparison in the two lines, it’s like comparing a dollar store to tiffianys there’s just no comparison, we are set with royal from here out, another point is carnival is more of a rough crowd so to speak royal is a whole class step up from carnival

Show me the numbers. I am commenting that I have seen more (way more) on royal products over the last day 5 years. Others have alluded to the same in numerous threads. Prove me wrong with details on noro. I think I was open about it not being tied to inspections.

Sure. http://www.newsweek.com/cruise-lines-most-virus-outbreaks-2017-750838

And for sanitation failures: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article194984359.html

Heck, Breeze made the list. Yummy! And failures are extremely rare, especially for mass market lines... as in almost never. Yet Carnival managed 3 failures in 2 months. Just being fair and on topic, you know. Read the whole article.

"During the Carnival Vista’s inspection on Dec. 2, when the ship docked in Miami, CDC inspectors said they found crew members had made an “organized effort” to physically move containers and trolleys with “food equipment, utensils, spices, potentially hazardous food items, raw produce, and decorations to a crew cabin hallway and a crew cabin in order to avoid inspection by [Vessel Sanitation Program] staff.”

On Breeze "in the buffet area, inspectors watched as crew left dirty trays, plates, cps and utensils on dining tables for hours."

Crew on both ships were found improperly filling out documentation on passengers who got sick on board. Crew on the Vista and the Breeze were also found going back to work even though they were experiencing symptoms of acute gastroenteritis.

I guess when Carnival is hiding their dirty habits in crew hallways and leaving the buffet disgusting for hours, you wouldn't know when people are getting sick because they also got busted fudging the documentation for sick passengers...

Lol.

Your post is totally lacking in facts. Who says? The CDC does. Carnival Cruise line hasn't made the top 5 in years. Trying to lump all of Carnival's numerous brands into one post is a sign of desperation and of one that is deliberately misleading.

Sure. http://www.newsweek.com/cruise-lines-most-virus-outbreaks-2017-750838

And for sanitation failures: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article194984359.html

Heck, Breeze made the list. Yummy! And failures are extremely rare, especially for mass market lines... as in almost never. Yet Carnival managed 3 failures in 2 months. Just being fair and on topic, you know. Read the whole article.

"During the Carnival Vista’s inspection on Dec. 2, when the ship docked in Miami, CDC inspectors said they found crew members had made an “organized effort” to physically move containers and trolleys with “food equipment, utensils, spices, potentially hazardous food items, raw produce, and decorations to a crew cabin hallway and a crew cabin in order to avoid inspection by [Vessel Sanitation Program] staff.”

On Breeze "in the buffet area, inspectors watched as crew left dirty trays, plates, cps and utensils on dining tables for hours."

Crew on both ships were found improperly filling out documentation on passengers who got sick on board. Crew on the Vista and the Breeze were also found going back to work even though they were experiencing symptoms of acute gastroenteritis.

I guess when Carnival is hiding their dirty habits in crew hallways and leaving the buffet disgusting for hours, you wouldn't know when people are getting sick because they also got busted fudging the documentation for sick passengers...

Lol.

Was sanitation the topic?

I’m on iPhone but the link you mentioned was for one year and had royal mentioned was Carnival? You are good at deflection I will say that. I will move in as you can’t seem to stay on topic

We have sailed several cruises on carnival and this will be our third on royal, we did oasis last year and are going back this year, there is really no comparison in the two lines, it’s like comparing a dollar store to tiffianys there’s just no comparison, we are set with royal from here out, another point is carnival is more of a rough crowd so to speak royal is a whole class step up from carnival

Well if you say so

It has to fact.

Looking to take a cruise out of Port Canaveral next year with our one-year-old and was wondering which ship to take. The Breeze and the Harmony both have similar7-day itineraries with the Breeze having one more port day. Prices are similar but the Harmony is a little more expensive on a balcony cabin. Please just let me know what your thoughts are. We have cruise both cruise lines but it has been about 5 years since our last time on Carnival or Royal.

In my opinion, service, food, amenities and activities are quite similar between the 2. You'll have a great time on either one.

But that said, I'm one who thinks Oasis Class are amazing ships. Plus, they have the best entertainment at sea. So for those 2 reasons, I recommend Harmony.

We’ve sailed the Magic (sister ship) and Allure of the seas (sailing Breeze in June). I highly suggest Harmony as there seemed to be more themed activities for young ones and the entertainment was top notch! Loved the Allure, but Galveston is our home port and I don’t care to fly!

LMFAO!! Take off the royal colored glasses. Royal = Tiffany's, is like saying Target = Barney's New York. :rolleyes: