Email maitre'd Freedom

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:21 AM.
#1
Porterville CA
104 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Does anyone know the email of the maitre'd of the Freedom?????
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
CARNIVAL PRIDE MEXICO 05/2005
CORAL PRINCESS NB ALASKA 06/2007
MONARCH OF THE SEAS 03/2008
Carnival Spirit SB Alaska 05/2009
Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean 10/09/2010
Carnival Valor 6/2011
Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean 6/2012
Carnival Dream Eastern 5/2013
Carnival Valor Southern 10/2013
Carnival Conquest Western Caribbean 10/2014
Carnival Victory 5/2015
Carnival Sunshine 11/15 Key West Bahamas
B2B Carnival Sunshine 11/15 Aruba /Bonaire
Carnival Magic 5/2017 Eastern
#3
5,498 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
Just be aware that the Maitre'D's are not expected or required to respond to guest emails. If you have a dining request, it is requested that you post on John Heald's Facebook page 4 days prior to sailing.
#6
Paris IL
1,940 Posts
Joined Sep 2014
Hopefully the Maitre 'D is still Csaba (Chubby) Atilla. Very personable and outgoing. He's Hungarian, so if you learn a few phrases in Hungarian, he'll be your BFF for the cruise.
jó estét, Csaba. hogy vagy?

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature



I suffer from CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order, as they SHOULD be..
If you haven't grown up by 60, you don't have to...
#7
Beautiful Northern Nevada
1,169 Posts
Joined May 2010
Originally posted by 1025cruise
Just be aware that the Maitre'D's are not expected or required to respond to guest emails. If you have a dining request, it is requested that you post on John Heald's Facebook page 4 days prior to sailing.
I have never heard nor been told to put it on his Facebook. We have always emailed the maitre'd, sometimes we get a response and sometimes we don't. However, our request has always been honored.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Paradise 11/14/2005
Carnival Pride 11/12/2006
Carnival Paradise 11/10/2008
Carnival Paradise 12/14/2009
Carnival Conquest 06/20/2010 http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1437505-
Carnival Splendor 06/12/2011
Carnival Splendor 05/12//2012 http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1638299
Carnival Glory 04/25/2015
Carnival Miracle 05/14/2016
Carnival Glory 05/12/2018 - 60th Birthday Cruise!
Carnival Vista 05/1/2019
#8
Paris IL
1,940 Posts
Joined Sep 2014
Originally posted by RenoNanaOz
I have never heard nor been told to put it on his Facebook. We have always emailed the maitre'd, sometimes we get a response and sometimes we don't. However, our request has always been honored.
I usually do both

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature



I suffer from CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order, as they SHOULD be..
If you haven't grown up by 60, you don't have to...
#9
5,498 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
I'm just relaying what John Heald has posted to his Facebook page, numerous times, regarding contacting the Maitre'Ds. With that said, if anyone can point me to something on Carnival's website that advises differently (ie, here is the list of Maitre'Ds to email) I'll be happy to not say anything.
#10
Michigan
3,289 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
Originally posted by RenoNanaOz
I have never heard nor been told to put it on his Facebook. We have always emailed the maitre'd, sometimes we get a response and sometimes we don't. However, our request has always been honored.
Originally posted by 1025cruise
I'm just relaying what John Heald has posted to his Facebook page, numerous times, regarding contacting the Maitre'Ds. With that said, if anyone can point me to something on Carnival's website that advises differently (ie, here is the list of Maitre'Ds to email) I'll be happy to not say anything.
1025cruise is correct. John has posted numerous times not to email Maitres.
#11
Beautiful Northern Nevada
1,169 Posts
Joined May 2010
Originally posted by Elaine5715
1025cruise is correct. John has posted numerous times not to email Maitres.
I don't read his Facebook so I would have never seen this. As I said I have had no issues with emailing them and will continue to do so until they ask me not to. My requests have been honored so obviously they have no issue with it. Perhaps Mr. Heald just like to have the power
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Paradise 11/14/2005
Carnival Pride 11/12/2006
Carnival Paradise 11/10/2008
Carnival Paradise 12/14/2009
Carnival Conquest 06/20/2010 http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1437505-
Carnival Splendor 06/12/2011
Carnival Splendor 05/12//2012 http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1638299
Carnival Glory 04/25/2015
Carnival Miracle 05/14/2016
Carnival Glory 05/12/2018 - 60th Birthday Cruise!
Carnival Vista 05/1/2019
#12
Paris IL
1,940 Posts
Joined Sep 2014
Originally posted by RenoNanaOz
I don't read his Facebook so I would have never seen this. As I said I have had no issues with emailing them and will continue to do so until they ask me not to. My requests have been honored so obviously they have no issue with it. Perhaps Mr. Heald just like to have the power
And perhaps the Maitre 'D's requested that he help them. Who knows? Like you, I've always e-mailed the ship and have gotten my request filled. This time I'll probably do both. Not a big deal....

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature



I suffer from CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order, as they SHOULD be..
If you haven't grown up by 60, you don't have to...
#13
Porterville CA
104 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Originally posted by Lottacruises
Why so many question marks?
Why not ?????????????
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
CARNIVAL PRIDE MEXICO 05/2005
CORAL PRINCESS NB ALASKA 06/2007
MONARCH OF THE SEAS 03/2008
Carnival Spirit SB Alaska 05/2009
Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean 10/09/2010
Carnival Valor 6/2011
Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean 6/2012
Carnival Dream Eastern 5/2013
Carnival Valor Southern 10/2013
Carnival Conquest Western Caribbean 10/2014
Carnival Victory 5/2015
Carnival Sunshine 11/15 Key West Bahamas
B2B Carnival Sunshine 11/15 Aruba /Bonaire
Carnival Magic 5/2017 Eastern
#14
North Carolina
811 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
Just on Sunday (and today is Wednesday) John Heald specifically said they have been instructed not to responsd to emails. I don't understand why so many feel the need to bother them when they are clearly busy on the ship attending to daily duties. I
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
November 2019: Cuba here we come on the Carnival Victory - yes #3 on the Victory!
August 2017: Carnival Victory review Miami/Key West/Cozumel: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/show....php?t=2537507
January 2011: Carnival Victory review/Southern Caribbean: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...0156&highlight
May 2004: Carnival Fascination to the Bahamas
August 2002: Princess to Alaska
#15
Texas
2,910 Posts
Joined May 2014
Originally posted by ricew001
Just on Sunday (and today is Wednesday) John Heald specifically said they have been instructed not to responsd to emails. I don't understand why so many feel the need to bother them when they are clearly busy on the ship attending to daily duties. I
I don't understand why anyone should care what is posted on that site.

I contact my TA or Carnival about Carnival issues. I've never been on that social media site and have no plans to access it.
#16
799 Posts
Joined Feb 2016
Originally posted by 1025cruise
Just be aware that the Maitre'D's are not expected or required to respond to guest emails. If you have a dining request, it is requested that you post on John Heald's Facebook page 4 days prior to sailing.
Although you are responding to a question not asked, it's true, you may not get a response, but I have NEVER not gotten a request unsatisfied.

And friends sailing with us went though the JHeald channel, and that request went unattended.

The good thing is my request beats those that stand in line with the MD on embarkation day.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
This ship
That ship

Yeah, I got bored too. Thank God they cut the signatures.....
#17
3,851 Posts
Joined Jun 2014
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature



Carnival Dream 8/26/18
Carnival Breeze 3/4/18
Carnival Triumph 9/11/17
Carnival Freedom 2/18/17
Carnival Triumph 9/12/16
Carnival Elation 2/29/16
Carnival Elation 8/31/15
Carnival Elation 7/7/14
#18
Beautiful Northern Nevada
1,169 Posts
Joined May 2010
Originally posted by Saint Greg
John Heald addressed it just the other day. He said the maitre'd doesn't have time to respond to thousands of emails. Please don't email them. Post your request on his facebook page 4 days prior to sailing.
I don't follow him on Facebook or anywhere else. So I would rather continue to email as I have for years. We rarely get a response but we ALWAYS have our request honored. I don't understand the fuss every time this comes up here. They could easily block the Maitre'd's email from receiving outside correspondence if they wanted to.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Paradise 11/14/2005
Carnival Pride 11/12/2006
Carnival Paradise 11/10/2008
Carnival Paradise 12/14/2009
Carnival Conquest 06/20/2010 http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1437505-
Carnival Splendor 06/12/2011
Carnival Splendor 05/12//2012 http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1638299
Carnival Glory 04/25/2015
Carnival Miracle 05/14/2016
Carnival Glory 05/12/2018 - 60th Birthday Cruise!
Carnival Vista 05/1/2019
#19
3,851 Posts
Joined Jun 2014
Originally posted by RenoNanaOz
I don't follow him on Facebook or anywhere else. So I would rather continue to email as I have for years. We rarely get a response but we ALWAYS have our request honored. I don't understand the fuss every time this comes up here. They could easily block the Maitre'd's email from receiving outside correspondence if they wanted to.
You can do whatever you want. someone said they never heard that and I confirmed it has been said...this week.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature



Carnival Dream 8/26/18
Carnival Breeze 3/4/18
Carnival Triumph 9/11/17
Carnival Freedom 2/18/17
Carnival Triumph 9/12/16
Carnival Elation 2/29/16
Carnival Elation 8/31/15
Carnival Elation 7/7/14
#20
Kansas City (Gladstone) , MO
3,962 Posts
Joined May 2006
I'm sure someone has probably replied to what I am going to say, but I did try to contact them on the Magic for us about two weeks before we left for our trip. I gave all the details of the date/ship name/room #, etc. that I thought they might need. I told them we would like to have a large table with "both" men and women. I did not hear back, but when we went to our table, it turned out the way I had ask.