Legend only Questions! Post 'em Here!

Cleavis

Hi. We are making a thread for any questions related to the Legend.

We are leaving on Sunday so if there are any specific questions we'll be happy to try and get the answers next week. :)

We will be going on the Legend in July and can't wait!! Any information you can give on the islands would be great. We are most concerned about Belize because of the tendering. We are thinking of taking an excurson straight from the ship.

Looking forward to hearing all about the Legend! Have a great time!

Thank you for such a nice offer. I am going the end of this month, so I am very appreciative of any info.

1) I would like to know about Club02. The teen group. Where do they meet? Do they do any off ship excursions together?

2) What is Bathrobes and Beer?

And if you can get any capers for both Club02 or Camp Carnival (ages 6-8) that would be great.

3) What were some of your excursions? And which one did you like the best?

I hope I'm not asking much.

I would like to know, how if there is a problem with noise in cabins below Lido (scrapping of chairs while crew is cleaning). I did read it is a problem on the Conquest class ships, but found nothing about the Spirit class. Just curious, if I need to pack ear plugs. Looking forward to your reviews,Thanks !!

Happy Cruising, Sea YA !!

Wow. Thread bookmarked. We're going on Legend 9-9, and I've been waiting for one of these threads to come out because they're always so interesting. Finally --- our ship! YAY!

Don't have any questions now. Just am grateful the thread was started. :)

Thanks for the great thread! I would be very interested in your impressions of the ship: which areas of the ship you enjoy the most, what activities you think are the most fun, how smooth (or not) are embarkation and debarkation.

I have posted a review of our cruise on the Legend that sailed out of Tampa on April 15. Read it at your leisure.

While Cleavis cruises and tries to answer your questions on their return, you can ask me any questions. Cannot answer ones on Camp Carnival because our son, who is 21 is a bit old, and he did not come because of school. But friends from our roll call said that their children had a real good time.

In short, we had a great time. Lot's of things to do. Can't blame Carnival for the weather we had or a skipped port due to weather.

All of you waiting to sail, you'll have a great time.

Scott

I would like to know, how if there is a problem with noise in cabins below Lido (scrapping of chairs while crew is cleaning). I did read it is a problem on the Conquest class ships, but found nothing about the Spirit class. Just curious, if I need to pack ear plugs. Looking forward to your reviews,Thanks !!

Happy Cruising, Sea YA !!

I didn't notice any noise, but it never hurts to have ear plugs with you.

We will be going on the Legend in July and can't wait!! Any information you can give on the islands would be great. We are most concerned about Belize because of the tendering. We are thinking of taking an excurson straight from the ship.

Looking forward to hearing all about the Legend! Have a great time!

Belize has large commercial tender boats. They do not use the ship tenders. I was very impressed last time we were there with the speed of tendering to the dock.

I just got back today...4-29 sailing

Had a blast!

The ship is beautiful,the staff are friendly and professional, and the enatertainment and food were both terrific.

The ship docks at a pier in cozumel and costa maya, and tenders in grand cayman and belize.

Embarkation and debarkation were smooth and painless. Debarkation(general) was so easy, and we were off the ship this morning by 9:00am. Alot different then the port of miami.

O2 club is right next to the gym and just one level up from the spa(10th deck). On our cruise there were only a dozen or so teens. They do not do excursions in the ports.

The shows were both very good.

The cruise director(chris patterson) was good! He performs a blues brothers tribute and was excellent.

The bathrobe and beer party was a party on the lido deck on thursday night. Alot of fun that had party music and fun dances that started around 10:30pm.

The do have a midnight buffett, also a mexican late buffett.

The piano player was awful...not howl at the moon material. Didn't spend any time there.

We were in cabin 8140 panaroma forward. Right below the spa and lido deck(food!!). Cabin steward was outstanding and had the room cleaned if we left for 10 minutes:)

Supper club was very good and had a great romantic atmosphere. Very personal service and the food was delicious...highly recommended.

The chocolate melting cake was a staple in my diet every night!! Boy i miss that dessert!!

The room steward brought us ice every day, and if you needed more you could call room service. They are fast and efficient, we used them several days.

There is only one dining room(truffles) and only two dining times....5:45(early) and 8:15pm(late)...The food every night was great.

Hope that helps!!!

Take care

What was the past baseball "Legend" name who played for Boston but was traded to the Yankees...????? ruth???

we are leaving on the legend on 5/13/07, this sunday. we cant wait to get onboard and see everything. glad to hear that the food is great and the shows are good also. :)

What was the past baseball "Legend" name who played for Boston but was traded to the Yankees...????? ruth???

we are leaving on the legend on 5/13/07, this sunday. we cant wait to get onboard and see everything. glad to hear that the food is great and the shows are good also. :)

Correct.....have a great cruise and have a drink on me.......;)

We are sailing in November, I thank you in advance for all the question I am sure I will think of,

In the dinning room is it mainly booths? or is there tables & chairs?

Are there a lot of large table setting or mainly smaller tables?

Is there self disembarkation ?

Was there long lines getting back on the ship, if so did it go fairly smoothly?

What sis you thiknk of the gym? do you know the hours it is open? Is ther a certain time to go when it not to crowded?

Is there any "not to miss" on the Legend?

Was there any good sales in the ship stores?

Thanks

Hi!!! I posted this question earlier and started another post but then I saw this thread. Can you tell me if there's a Sushi Bar on the Legend? My oldest son loves it and so does my sister-in-law. We're having 11 people with us and it would be great to know what all specialty foods are out there. Thank you in advance!!!!:D

I would love to hear about your experience on the ship as well as any shore excursions. I am a first-time cruiser and will be sailing the Legend on 9/9.

If any one else has any advice for sailing on the Legend, I would really appreciate it.

I have checked out the many of the first-time cruiser tips on this site as well as on the boards and I must say it has all been a wonderful help!