Bit of a blog - Britannia day visit - Sunday 8th March 2015

NorbertsNiece

So not just me having unrealistic expectations then. I did think things seemed quite cosy.

When we went out on the bit by the Glass House on Deck 7 there were smokers out there and it looked as if there was a fixed ash tray so I thought that must be designated for smokers and somewhere to avoid.

Agree Balconies are small but there is a choice of those with a chair or those with a 2 seater sofa which is what we have in two weeks time.

47f7c0a5b5c9fc9346a91ad8c5638e7c.jpg

The standard balconies on Ventura and Azura only have a single chair. The rooms look smaller because of the segregated walk in wardrobe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So not just me having unrealistic expectations then. I did think things seemed quite cosy.

When we went out on the bit by the Glass House on Deck 7 there were smokers out there and it looked as if there was a fixed ash tray so I thought that must be designated for smokers and somewhere to avoid.

The area on deck 7 that I liked was at the far aft not the one by the Glass House, I didn't notice any ash trays but they could have been there and in that case yes, not somewhere I would want to sit either. Do P and O usually have just one side of the ship for smoking? If so the other side was probably laid out the same.

Julie

Whoops! Just checked the deck plans and that was the bit I meant so by the Live Lounge. It was P&O staff who were smoking but as I say there was an ashtray.

Do all ships designate a smoking area?

Yes if you go to the website they have them listed by ship, except they do not have Britannia up yet.

Thanks for posting all those photo's - it all seems very angular with too many straight lines and sharp corners everywhere (cabins, bars, pools etc. even the carpets have lines and zigzags)...hardly a curve in sight.....the interior doesn't look inviting and cozy and doesn't seem to flow.... the chairs and seating all look quite cheap and uncomfortable, especially in the Beer Bar (Branigans?). And so much dark brown everywhere...no warm colours just pale greens, blues and whites. I'm wondering if P&O haven't shot themselves in the foot by using one interior design company for the entire ship...they are clearly a fan of clean lines and while I agree that may be great in some areas it's nice to have other areas that are different and break it up a bit. It seems there is zero glamour and glitz on this ship to make it a special place to be that you couldn't find on dry land. I also agree with the earlier poster...the main Theatre looks tiny for such a huge ship (and again dark,dark brown with square seating)...mad rush for seats I imagine....plus if there are shows throughout the ship each evening as well as the main Theatre there are going to be arguments between couples as to which one they want to go to!

But hey, maybe you have to see it yourself so will be open minded and find out for ourselves soon I guess!

Very many thanks for the photo's.

Firstly we are on her in July (wife's orders !) the more I see of it the less I am looking forward to it (I may well be wrong I know) there is no grace to the structure, it looks like an office block at sea the interior colour scheme looks (in the photo's) bland & samey.

The theatre also appears small not having seen the seating capacity anywhere & Aurora being far smaller has a lovely cinema therefor an evening choice film or show.

Neither of us like the Ventura and would not go near it and due to that have steered clear of Azura.

I lke the Blue funnel but the scrawl on the bows makes it look NCL.

If you were not told the scrawl was the Union flag would you honestly recognise it.

Given in once but back to our favourite Arcadia Aurora or Oriana in future.

Edited by TOMOGP

The theatre on Britannia seats around 930 people, this is quite small in comparison to other ships of the same size. For example, the theatre on MSC Preziosa which is around the same size as the Britannia seats 1700 passengers whereas the theatre on the Royal Caribbean voyager class seat around 1400 passengers. We will just have to wait and see whether the theatre is big enough when the first reviews come in.