Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

The two Crystal ocean liners have very nice libraries with librarians. That's where you go to get your tickets for a Magic Castle performance, too.

Oceania ships have pretty nice libraries as well, but nowhere near the size of Cunards.

Cunard is a great cruise line for libraries. Their ships offer some of the largest libraries afloat, and they even have librarians. The one on QM2 is especially impressive. They are very popular and busy as well.

QM2 library is amongst the best ones we have visited on land and sea...It took my breath away when I first entered the space.

I like the library areas on ships for reading even if I bring my tablet..X has always had nice reading areas.

On Oasis we encountered an overcrowded stuffy room with many seats occupied by snoring nappers! Room was closed in, poor ventilation and smelled!

I already have a few ideas for places to read on EDGE, including the Infinite enclosed Veranda.

QM2 library is amongst the best ones we have visited on land and sea...It took my breath away when I first entered the space.

I like the library areas on ships for reading even if I bring my tablet..X has always had nice reading areas.

On Oasis we encountered an overcrowded stuffy room with many seats occupied by snoring nappers! Room was closed in, poor ventilation and smelled!

I already have a few ideas for places to read on EDGE, including the Infinite enclosed Veranda.

It's possible an upstairs corner of Eden could be used as a library or reading room? If I recall correctly, this is what Royal Caribbean did with Two70, a similar lounge on the Quantum Class ships.

It's possible an upstairs corner of Eden could be used as a library or reading room? If I recall correctly, this is what Royal Caribbean did with Two70, a similar lounge on the Quantum Class ships.

I thought I had found a nice, little reading nook on Eden 6 (see below), but when I spoke to a Celebrity person in August she said that the is actually a waiting area for Eden diners to have a cocktail before being led down the stairs to dinner. She said there is a window in that space that overlooks Eden Restaurant below (maybe can see them cooking?). Maybe that space is open at non-dinner times as a quiet space?

enhance

I would be happy if Celebrity did this. Here is a panoramic look at the library on Anthem. Some computer stations and printer, and 8 nice oversized comfy chairs, plus a couple of bookshelves.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/anthem-of-the-seas-706/library-184685/library--v67683/

I thought I had found a nice, little reading nook on Eden 6 (see below), but when I spoke to a Celebrity person in August she said that the is actually a waiting area for Eden diners to have a cocktail before being led down the stairs to dinner. She said there is a window in that space that overlooks Eden Restaurant below (maybe can see them cooking?). Maybe that space is open at non-dinner times as a quiet space?

Interesting observation. That would put the space to dual use as most people do not read or use the library around dinner time. Time will tell.

I thought I had found a nice, little reading nook on Eden 6 (see below), but when I spoke to a Celebrity person in August she said that the is actually a waiting area for Eden diners to have a cocktail before being led down the stairs to dinner. She said there is a window in that space that overlooks Eden Restaurant below (maybe can see them cooking?).

Oh too bad. I thought maybe I had discovered a possible location for a small library. I really don't see any other possibilities except of the iLounge which I assume is all computers, or possibly the Destination Gateway. When not in use as a tender embarkation lounge, it's supposed to be used for all sorts of things. Perhaps a small library to research your next destination is one of them?

Oh too bad. I thought maybe I had discovered a possible location for a small library. I really don't see any other possibilities except of the iLounge which I assume is all computers, or possibly the Destination Gateway. When not in use as a tender embarkation lounge, it's supposed to be used for all sorts of things. Perhaps a small library to research your next destination is one of them?

It's funny, that same Corporate Pre-Cruise Guest Relations rep (who said one of the Reveal Team had been in their office that week) said that the ILounge might be a good place to read. She said that it is much bigger than other X ships and led me to believe that it might be a quiet, comfy place. I pictured some nice seating to sit with our own devices, in addition to the usual X computers for use by passengers. We shall see....

It's funny, that same Corporate Pre-Cruise Guest Relations rep (who said one of the Reveal Team had been in their office that week) said that the ILounge might be a good place to read. She said that it is much bigger than other X ships and led me to believe that it might be a quiet, comfy place. I pictured some nice seating to sit with our own devices, in addition to the usual X computers for use by passengers. We shall see....

I've never seen the iLounge as a quite comfy space. Usually it is filled with people having trouble with their internet account, issues accessing the internet, etc. etc. We shall see...as you say.

I would be happy if Celebrity did this. Here is a panoramic look at the library on Anthem. Some computer stations and printer, and 8 nice oversized comfy chairs, plus a couple of bookshelves.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/anthem-of-the-seas-706/library-184685/library--v67683/

Other than the hideous rug...it could be a very nice space...but not with that rug...my husband saw it on the screen and said it would make him nauseous! That is not a restful space..but I do like the chairs!

Any thoughts on where they would have the Captains cocktail hour? I for one hope they continue that.... I was thinking that perhaps the Club would work... since it is before dinner. Eden seems too busy for this... since people will be enjoying a cocktail before dinner there as well.

Any thoughts on where they would have the Captains cocktail hour? I for one hope they continue that.... I was thinking that perhaps the Club would work... since it is before dinner. Eden seems too busy for this... since people will be enjoying a cocktail before dinner there as well.

I'm still thinking The Club, if they don't do away with the cocktail hours. The Meeting Place and Destination Gateway can both be set up with bars and catering so could be possibilities. Maybe there is a separate area of the Grand Plaza area that would work, but it didn't look that way.

They may not have the CC events on the preview cruises so maybe the first CC event will be on the Dec 9 cruise?

Let me try to explain. It's a little hard to articulate...

This a actually the first time I realized that the view is DIFFERENT for M and S class ships! (thanks for pointing this out - we were on three different cruises with M class), and I can tell you why - we usually walk on deck 5 promenade after dinner, when it is obviously dark outside, just to take a breath of fresh air (except the area where the smokers enjoy themselves ha ha). Thus in the dark it does not matter if the tenders/lifeboats are obstructing the view... The air is what matters :)

The couple of shelves in 270 On Ovation OTS Could hardly be called a library, but the upper seating area was definitely a nice hideaway to relax with a book!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I asked this very question a few weeks back - with a different angle:if the Edge would have changes in standard X happy hours... On S ships (as you know), it held mostly in Sky Lounge, but I am curious to see where this would be hosted on the Egde as well.

Even with no dedicated library you might still find an area with a bookshelf...

I would be quite surprised to see any area on Edge with the shelves holding ANY books :) sorry Steamboats :)

I feel sad that the old-fashioned reading goes away. (I say this as a published writer...) I sailed a lot with Oceania as well, and I can tell you that on the former R ships of theirs (Nautica-Regatta-Insignia) the library is a great place to relax and to read a few pages - either from Kindle or from the real book. Marina and Riviera have an interesting combination of open (curved) space that includes computer room, barista coffee and library - it is a nice idea, and there are people who seem to enjoy all three venues... I felt that library concept on S class (open space) is somewhat less private considering the glass wall elevator stack in the middle, but even that seemed to cater to many cruisers. Not sure why the Edge has no dedicated library, but - correct me if I am wrong, I can't recall it - the photo gallery IS STILL THERE... If anything, this had to go way before the library, if you ask me. We all switched to Kindles/iPads etc., but does X seriously believe that in our digital age anyone would buy photo prints for 20-50 bucks?!! Come on...

Come to think of it, are there any good places for private group events? Like wedding reception or cc function? Perhaps one of the specialty restaurants? I just don’t remember seeing anything other than the club.

There is! I can start another thread with some info, as I am finally on vacation, and we can take it off the Blocks thread. :D