Latest Azura cruise had topless sunbathing

seapals2

would like to hear others thoughts on the topless sunbathing we encountered on our last cruise on Azura.

Only a handful (no pun intended) but you can bet where there is half a dozen this year it will be the norm next year.

We think it's acceptable on beaches but on a family ship where sunbeds are so tightly packed it's not appropriate.

The Retreat had the expensive boobs on show ... Suppose if you had spent a fortune getting them you would want them on display ..... Thanks ..but ...no thanks. Just embarrassing in our opinion.

Interested to see what others think.

would like to hear others thoughts on the topless sunbathing we encountered on our last cruise on Azura.

Only a handful (no pun intended) but you can bet where there is half a dozen this year it will be the norm next year.

We think it's acceptable on beaches but on a family ship where sunbeds are so tightly packed it's not appropriate.

The Retreat had the expensive boobs on show ... Suppose if you had spent a fortune getting them you would want them on display ..... Thanks ..but ...no thanks. Just embarrassing in our opinion.

I thought the very top deck was for topless sunbathing. Round the pool, no, especially on a family ship.

Maybe a word with reception and something could be put into horizon.

Before I get flamed for -its my body I will do what I like with it-it is also my holiday -and I do not wish to see it round a pool on a family ship.

The retreat, never paid to go in there, so no idea what happens in there...still don't think its quite acceptable.

Should be top deck only and certainly not in the retreat !!!,

if we encounter it anywhere but the very top deck on our cruise on the 1st of August PO will hear my views in no uncertain terms !!!

This has been going on on the top decks for the 14 years we have cruised and has not increased so not indication that it would do so now..

I am always surprised by the comment "not on a family ship". I wouldn't have thought it would bother a child to see bare boobs. They presumably would have seen them at home. It bothers adults more than it bothers children. It's a normal part of human anatomy.

Excuse the pun... but what is the point???:confused::)

Whether we object or whether we don't I just can't see the point of it... after all presumably you wont be showing them off down the High Street.

Also I understand its a horrible and dangerous place to get sunburn as they are not used to the elements!

Excuse the pun... but what is the point???:confused::)

Whether we object or whether we don't I just can't see the point of it... after all presumably you wont be showing them off down the High Street.

Also I understand its a horrible and dangerous place to get sunburn as they are not used to the elements!

Hee hee, now that's very true. But don't tell me it would bother a child! And if it does, then the child has been brought up to think that a nude body is shameful. It's always adults who have the problem.

If I saw someone doing it, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

Edited by jeanlyon

To me the question applies to all ships family or adult only. It is difficult to find the right words, is it an age thing, how we were brought up, beliefs ? Whatever our differences I do not think around the pool is the right place and topless sun bathing should be limited to less frequented areas the ship

Although I don't do it myself I certainly don't find topless sunbathing offensive. I think you should cover up whilst moving around, but just sunbathing is fine. It really is something natural. To say it should be banned is just silly and prudish.

Although I don't do it myself I certainly don't find topless sunbathing offensive. I think you should cover up whilst moving around, but just sunbathing is fine. It really is something natural. To say it should be banned is just silly and prudish.

Couldn't agree more. If you don't like it - don't look. Re age, I am 68 and it doesn't bother me. The French and Germans have always done it. And as for "not over 40" - why?

Edited by jeanlyon

These days you see plenty of moobs and beer bellies, are these any less offensive? I say each to their own although I prefer (and I think you would all prefer me) to keep covered :)

Ha ha, a very good point, nothing worse than a pair of budgie smugglers leaving nothing to the imagination. When I was on Azura - just the once - there was a bloke with an enormous belly, so big that you couldn't actually see the budgie smugglers, so he looked naked, worse still he had his pint of beer balanced on the belly. Lovely!!

Edited by jeanlyon

If it were that natural why would you not walk down the high street like it.

I have no objection if it was on the top deck.

Why on earth people think everyone else wants to see their wobbly bits is beyond me, especially after all the recent news about cancer. Is it really worth getting that tan in those places , when skin cancer awaits you round the corner?

With the feminist movement insisting that mothers can get their boobs out to breast feed in public places, I cannot see that this is any worse than that. - sorry.

Just to lower the tone: by over 40 are you talking years or inches?

Seriously, doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Dr Alan I don't think a combination of both would be very attractive unless with surgical intervention :)

Are you really suggesting that a woman over 40 cannot have a great figure and great boobs?

Jeanlyon, no, I am sure that a woman over 40 can have great Boobs, although when paired with being over 40 inches (naturally) I'm not too sure. I should add that I exceed both parameters myself :)