Drink Prices With P&O

janny444

Hi...it is a number of years since we last cruise with P&O so can someone please tell me what drink prices are for a

G&T...not a premium one....glass of wine.

Can you still buy a Costa coffee card?

On some of the American lines the drinks are rather pricey and then they add 18% gratuity....can't remember if P&O add a gratuity but I tend to think that they don't.

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/drink_cost

Q. How much are the drinks on board?

< Back

Drinks prices are very similar to those on the high street with the added advantage that we’ll bring them to you, waiter service is standard on-board!

There’s a comprehensive cocktail list and a superb selection of wines from around the world, alongside popular spirits, beers and ciders.

You can also enjoy savings with one of our drinks packages which are available for wine, soft drinks and coffee. Something for all tastes.

Menus

Please select the links below to view the menu.

BarWine

Main Bars

Wine includes non alcoholic

and by the glass options

Gin and Tonic menuWine Packages

Britannia's Beer menu

Beer menu served in the pubs on all ships except Britannia

Please note, all items are subject to availability and prices are subject to change without notice.

In addition to the wine list, you will find an enomatic wine system offering a selection of wines in the buffet restaurants. This is available on Britannia, Azura and Aurora by using your cruise card and on Ventura by puchasing a Wine Card.

We also serve Kosher wine, Mouton Cadet Rouge, Bordeaux, France (£19.50* a bottle).

We offer Vegan Wines on board our ships which are visible in our main wine menu.

Soft Drinks & Coffee

Soft drinks - You may also take advantage of a soft drinks package. Full details can be viewed under Is there a drinks package available?

Coffee - A coffee card is available to purchase that allows 10 Primo (12oz) Costa coffees (Americano, Latte,Cappuccino or Iced Coffee's) once on-board. You can purchased prior to embarkation by calling our Customer Contact Centre on 0843 374 0111 ((calls cost 3p per minute plus your telephone company’s network access charge)e) or once on-board.

A range of iced coffees, creamy coolers and iced teas to help quench your thirst in the heat of the sun from Costa Coffee. Further details will be available on-board.

Bottled Water

Bottled water can be purchased from the in cabin menu and from all bars around the ships.

500ml - £1.50

1.5ltr - £1.95

In Cabin

In Cabin Spirits are available for you to purchase on-board via room service.

Complimentary tea and coffee is supplied in your cabin and is refreshed regularly or is available from our buffet restaurants 24 hours a day.

Non Alcoholic

We offer a selection of non alcoholic beverages including:

Soft drinks

Mocktails

Becks non alcoholic larger

Non alcoholic wines

Please see the above menus for details.

General

Complimentary drinking water and fruit juice (during breakfast hours) is also available from the buffet restaurants and room service.

< Back

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Drink prices on P&O are no longer as cheap as they were, and the measures are probably only half those on US ships, however the service charge is built in to the price so you only pay the posted price.

Do be aware that spirit prices do not include any mixers unless you are buying as a cocktail.

Beer is probably the best buy on board, as regards price comparison with US lines, wine by the glass is much closer to US line prices before their service charge.

Cocktails appear far cheaper but the measures used by P&O are much lower than on US lines.

However you would need to be a very heavy drinker to build up a worryingly large on board bill.

Drink prices on P&O are no longer as cheap as they were, and the measures are probably only half those on US ships, however the service charge is built in to the price so you only pay the posted price.

Do be aware that spirit prices do not include any mixers unless you are buying as a cocktail.

Beer is probably the best buy on board, as regards price comparison with US lines, wine by the glass is much closer to US line prices before their service charge.

Cocktails appear far cheaper but the measures used by P&O are much lower than on US lines.

However you would need to be a very heavy drinker to build up a worryingly large on board bill.

Is Fever Tree tonic available to buy in cans from room service for in cabin drinks ?

The cheapest bottle of wine on Princess is $32.20, does not say so but looks to be a standard price. Then add 18% comes to nearly $38. So that is £25.83 and £30.48, at today's exchange rate.

On P&O you can still get wines for around £15 to £20 per bottle. With no add on. That makes most wine half the price on P&O

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The cheapest bottle of wine on Princess is $32.20, does not say so but looks to be a standard price. Then add 18% comes to nearly $38. So that is £25.83 and £30.48, at today's exchange rate.

On P&O you can still get wines for around £15 to £20 per bottle. With no add on. That makes most wine half the price on P&O

I'm pretty sure that price includes any service charge.

If the exchange rate was the same now as it was when I was last on a Princess ship it would have worked out at just over £21.

I'm pretty sure that price includes any service charge.

According to Princess it does not and the 15% is added.

A 15% gratuity is added to bar charges, dining room wine accounts, and Lotus Spa[emoji768] services. This is shared amongst the beverage staff, their support staff and Lotus Spa[emoji768] personnel.

Above taken from Princess website.

If you look at the all inclusive package which is on the same list it is quoted at $57, that definitely includes the service charge.

http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/culinary-delights-wine/

No mention of a service charge to be added, if you take 15% off $32.20 you get a nice round figure of $28. Its included in my opinion.

Posted on the princess site and the answer came back 15%. I agree you do not pay the 15% on the package but you do on individual bottles.

I think you misunderstand me, yes there is 15% on drinks but the $32.20 includes it. On the wine list it would be $28 + 15%.

Sorry Mike I got the prices this morning from the Princess website. Important to me as our next cruise is with them.

Just had another search and found a Malbec at $29 + 15% all of the others are more than that. Glasses of wine are $8 and $9 + 15%

The wine prices are one of the reasons our next cruise will be P&O rather than Princess [plus P&O's generous policy regarding taking drinks on board]

Princess cruising is better for my liver, P&O is better for my wallet!

Right, just to make things clear as its been confirmed on the Princess Board on your post.

The $32.20 includes the 15%. Its not $38, its $32.20 all in ($28 + 15%).

The prices on the website include the 15%.

To be fair to Princess that equates to £25 a bottle, once the £ gets back to last years exchange rates that could be £21.

Enjoy your Princess cruise Dai, I have enjoyed many and the only thing stopping me booking one at the moment is the exchange rate.

When do you get on the Crown Princess if you don't mind me asking?

Right, just to make things clear as its been confirmed on the Princess Board on your post.

The $32.20 includes the 15%. Its not $38, its $32.20 all in ($28 + 15%).

The prices on the website include the 15%.

To be fair to Princess that equates to £25 a bottle, once the £ gets back to last years exchange rates that could be £21.

Enjoy your Princess cruise Dai, I have enjoyed many and the only thing stopping me booking one at the moment is the exchange rate.

When do you get on the Crown Princess if you don't mind me asking?

I think we are looking at different price lists. The one I have looked at does not show the tax as being paid. It is a photo of a ships price list. Clearly says 15% still to be paid.

809fba756e7215e9fcba53fb7193cb50.jpg

This is a photo of a menu clearly showing the prices with at the bottom the fact you have to pay 15% on top.

Not sure if this will post.

809fba756e7215e9fcba53fb7193cb50.jpg

This is a photo of a menu clearly showing the prices with at the bottom the fact you have to pay 15% on top.

Not sure if this will post.

Did not think this had posted. Looked when the website problems were Thera and could not find it. And it looks like 2 for the price of one

Sorry Mike I got the prices this morning from the Princess website. Important to me as our next cruise is with them.

Just had another search and found a Malbec at $29 + 15% all of the others are more than that. Glasses of wine are $8 and $9 + 15%

Have you got a drinks package Dai ?

Have you got a drinks package Dai ?

Well we had. A few weeks ago I noticed that the price of our Princess cruise had gone down considerably. By about £1000 each. So I managed to get the cruise at the new price but lost the drinks package. If we take the cost of the drinks off we will still be up by £900. We were lucky as the reduced price only lasted a week or so.

Happy days.