Oman Day tours

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:23 PM.
QLD--AUSTRALIA
9,850 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Originally posted by alpha1hit
We are back from our cruise.
We were appointed at 10.a.m. at the gate of the Mascat port.
The gate is a door with 1 meter in width!
We were there at 9:45 a.m.. We wait until 10:45, look around, ask everybody, especially all 4WD drivers. Around 50 Taxis and other 4WD companies stayed there, waiting for customers.
But nobody from Oman Day Tours. Nobody at the phone, also a local tried to reach them. No answer on our mail.
Later on they answerd to my Mail and claim, a driver was waiting there. But, after more than 70 visited cruiseports we´re not too stupid to find a driver at a port gate.

Well booking experience - No driver at the meetingpoint - Never again!
He would have been there... Muscat has 2 gates.
The taxis are at the first. The buses at the second.
We know because we almost ended up like you.thankfully a taxi driver who spoke good English put us straight.
Our bus driver was ready to go too
South Yorkshire
32 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
Hi anyone interested in doing the half day city tour when Vision of the seas docks in Muscat 15 March? Oman day tours have quoted us $80 each for 2 adults but if more join it becomes cheaper. Thanks
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Gold Coast - Australia
37 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
Hi
We will be in Oman on the Constellation Friday 6 March and looking at doing a half day Muscat tour in an A.c vehicle with Oman Day Tours who seem to come highly recommended .

Is anyone interested in joining us? I'm not very good at using Cruise Critic. You can contact me at lynne underscore bowes at yahoo dot com dot au

Cheers
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

East Yorkshire, UK
3,781 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Originally posted by taffy52
Hi

We will be in Oman on the Constellation Friday 6 March and looking at doing a half day Muscat tour in an A.c vehicle with Oman Day Tours who seem to come highly recommended .

Is anyone interested in joining us? I'm not very good at using Cruise Critic. You can contact me at lynne underscore bowes at yahoo dot com dot au

Cheers

I suggest you post in the Roll Call for your cruise, you are more likely to get responses there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Booked
Azamara Quest - Rome to Venice - July 2017
Azamara Journey - Oslo to Edinburgh via North Cape

Completed
Azamara Quest - Costa Rica Intensive - Jan 2018
Azamara Journey - Athens to Dubai - Oct 2017
Katerina Line Fantzija - Split to Dubrovnik - 2016
Azamara Quest - New Orleans & Caribbean - 2016
Azamara Quest - Singapore to Hong Kong - 2015
Azamara Quest - Athens to Mumbai - 2014
Yasawa Princess - Maldives cruising - 2013
Azamara Journey - Athens to Dubai - 2013
Atoll Explorer - Maldives cruising - 2013 & 2012
HAL Veendam - South America - 2011
HAL Zuiderdam - Panama & Caribbean - 2009
HAL Oosterdam - Mexico (& Las Vegas) - 2008
HAL Maasdam - Caribbean - 2007
Royal Star - Zanzibar, Seychelles & Madagascar - 2006
HAL Ryndam - Alaska
Gold Coast - Australia
37 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
Originally posted by Host Grandma Cruising
I suggest you post in the Roll Call for your cruise, you are more likely to get responses there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Thanks will try to post on Roll Call!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Huntington Beach, CA
104 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
We just returned from Muscat, Oman (Celebrity Constellation - November 2017) where we used Sunshine Tours. Mohammed organized the half day tour and Ibrahim was our guide and driver. It was an excellent tour and we highly recommend them. Ibrahim was flexible, friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and provided a great experience. It was obvious he loved his country and city. We always try to use local tour companies and have visited over 130 countries and this was one of the best tours we've experienced.
Harrogate, Yorkshire, England
1,971 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
A second recommendation for Sunshine Tours. We used them last year in Muscat and they were excellent. Did a wadi tour, Beach and mosque in 4 wheel drive.
Our guide was amazing.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
P&O Oriana 2001 Canary Islands,
Fred Olsen Black Watch 2002 Mediterranean
P&O Oceana 2003 Mediterranean
Celebrity Century 2005 Mediterranean
P&O Artemis 2005 Northern Europe
RCI Legend of the Seas April 2007 1st Transatlantic
Celebrity Century April 2008 Transatlantic
Celebrity Constellation Sept 2008 Transatlantic
Celebrity Century April 2009 Transatlantic
Azamara Quest October 2010 Mediterranean
RCI Mariner of the Seas April 2011 Eastern Med
Island Princess March 2012 Panama Canal
RCI Grandeur of the Seas Oct 2012 Eastern Med
RCI Brilliance of the Seas April 2013 Transatlantic
RCI Adventure of the Seas Nov 2013 Transatlantic
RCI Allure of the Seas June 2014 Eastern Caribbean
Cunard Queen Elizabeth Nov 2014 Eastern Med
Celebrity Infinity June 2015 Alaska

RCI Freedom of the Seas Aug 2015 Western Caribbean
Cunard Queen Victoria Dec 2015 Christmas Cruise to Canaries
RCI Freedom of the Seas June 2016 Western Caribbean
Celebrity Infinity Sept 2016 Alaska
Allure of the Seas Dec 2016 Eastern Caribbean poker cruise Vision of the Seas Mar 2017 Arabian Gulf Azure Norwegian Fjords May 2017
Celebrity Constellation India & Middle East March 2018
Boynton Beach, FL USA
13,914 Posts
Joined Jun 2001
We are also using Sunshine for our visit in April. They get very nice reviews and I appreciated the personalized informative responses I have received from them. I had also communicated with Oman Day Tours. Both companies have great reviews.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
For Cruise Reviews and Pictures, visit our website at www.thepreismans.com
Mike

Upcoming Cruises:
HAL Zaandam - January 2018 - Antarctica/South America
Celebrity Constellation - April 2018 - Arabian Sea & Suez Canal
Celebrity Edge - January 2019 - Eastern Caribbean
Oceania Marina - September 2019 - Amsterdam to Lisbon

Norfolk UK
21 Posts
Joined Sep 2015
Originally posted by annie65
I have been dealing with Oman Day Tours for our upcoming Nautica cruise. We wanted to get out of Muscat and it is hard to know what is possible when you don't know the area. Oman Day Tours were excellent to deal with initially on the web. Their live chat was very helpful. Lobna and Sarah did a great job of guiding me through my choices and answering my myriad of questions. We finally settled for the half day tour of Nakhl Rustaq and then we have been able to add in two hour tour of Muscat. We were sad we didn't have time to go on a full day tour to Nizwa (the ships are not always in the ports long enough!) but what Oman Day Tours has put together looks to be an interesting tour giving us a real sense of Oman rather than just looking at Muscat. Their prices are good and their communication by email was answered promptly. The only criticism is that I sometimes had to ask more than once to get the full details of the information I was needing in order to make a decision. Overall I would rate them very highly for their patience and their emphasis on working through the choices with me, and then delivering the best option possible that met what I wanted to see, within the timeframe we will have in Muscat. Well done.

Graeme and Querida

Hi from the UK! we are planning to spend 6 hours, 1000 - 1600 hrs, in Muscat on Friday 23 Novemeber whiclst cruising with Celebrity and I am much encouraged by your comments on Oman Day Tours. Did it all work out as well as you hoped? We are planning to get out of Muyscat for that time and to attempt to get to Nizwa if at all possible! My home email address is [email protected] and my Criuse Critic name is NickoB. Manmy thanks and all good wishes, Nick Bell
Muscat/Oman, Abu Dhabi/UAE and Sydney/Australia
1,062 Posts
Joined May 2011
Originally posted by NickoB
Graeme and Querida

Hi from the UK! we are planning to spend 6 hours, 1000 - 1600 hrs, in Muscat on Friday 23 Novemeber whiclst cruising with Celebrity and I am much encouraged by your comments on Oman Day Tours. Did it all work out as well as you hoped? We are planning to get out of Muyscat for that time and to attempt to get to Nizwa if at all possible! My home email address is [email protected] and my Criuse Critic name is NickoB. Manmy thanks and all good wishes, Nick Bell

Unless a trip to Nizwa (really nice fort!) is offered as a ships tour, forget it. Nizwa as 170 km from the port. It takes AT LEAST 1.5 hrs in good traffic each way. Too much can go pear shaped on the road. As good as the roads are, traffic can be horrendous, especially the first 20 km around the port.
Norfolk UK
21 Posts
Joined Sep 2015
Originally posted by Panther Bob
We just returned from Muscat, Oman (Celebrity Constellation - November 2017) where we used Sunshine Tours. Mohammed organized the half day tour and Ibrahim was our guide and driver. It was an excellent tour and we highly recommend them. Ibrahim was flexible, friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and provided a great experience. It was obvious he loved his country and city. We always try to use local tour companies and have visited over 130 countries and this was one of the best tours we've experienced.
Hi! Greetings from U.K. We are doing the same trip this coming November. Your trip sounds good. Where did Ibrahim take you in the 6 hours that we have on shore? Many thanks!
Katonah,NY, USA
2,827 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
I had an excellent guide that I used for two days while in Oman. His name is Nasser. Lovely fellow with a comfortable vehicle. My contact info for him is nassermazrui39 at gmail.com.
Highly recommend.
Winnipeg,Canada
56 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Hi ,
We are on the Celebrity Constellation sailing from Abu Dhabi on January 5, 2019 .
We are interested in the Wadi Shab day tour through Oman Tours on January 8th . We are looking for 2 or 4 people to join us .

http://www.omandaytours.com/detail.p...RvdXJzLmh0bWw=
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Debby and Bob

RC Viking Serenade Dec.1996 Baja Mexico
RC Grandeur Dec.1997 Eastern Caribbean
RC Majesty Nov.1998 Western Caribbean
RC Splender Dec.1999 Circle the Caribbean
RC Rhapsody Dec.2000 Mexican Riviera
RC Voyageur Dec.2001 Western Caribbean
RC Radiance Dec.2005 Alaska
RC Radiance Dec.2006 Western Caribbean
RC Navigator Dec.2007 Western Caribbean
RC Vision Dec.2008 Mexican Rivierra
Celebrity Summit July 2009 Mediterranean
RC Radiance July 2010 Alaska
Celebrity Solstice Jan.2014 New Zealand
Celebrity Silhouette Aug.2016 Baltic/St Peterburg
Celebrity Constellation Jan. 2017 Arabian Coast
Celebrity Infinity Jan.2018 South America
Celebrity Constellation January 2019-Sri Lanka & India
australia
159 Posts
Joined Oct 2011
Hello,
We are arriving in Muscat on the Sea Princess at 8 am and departing at 5 pm 3rd June 2019 (world cruise).
We are looking at the Jebel shams day tour.
Would anyone like to join us.
Neil & Cheryl Muller