Anyone skipped every port through choice?

My latest cruise is going to ports I have been to more than once and I am thinking I might just skip them all! drinks package,floating resort,no tender queues no elevator queues , no rushed breaky or late return pig out at the buffet before dinner.

Anyone done this?

It seems everyone on a cruise ship cant wait to get off at a port but everyone on land wishes they were onboard the cruise ship lol.

I am thinking we could just treat this cruise as an all inclusive floating resort. :cool:

My latest cruise is going to ports I have been to more than once and I am thinking I might just skip them all! drinks package,floating resort,no tender queues no elevator queues , no rushed breaky or late return pig out at the buffet before dinner.

Anyone done this?

It seems everyone on a cruise ship cant wait to get off at a port but everyone on land wishes they were onboard the cruise ship lol.

I am thinking we could just treat this cruise as an all inclusive floating resort. :cool:

We skip the odd port, but have never done what you are planning.

By the same token I can see nothing wrong with your plan.

Just like a stay at a resort.

Why not? We skipped a couple of ports once and given the same circumstances as you I'd happily skip all ports. There are some cruises you just go on to chill out and relax.

Yes this is a 60th celebration cruise we are attending and would not of booked it otherwise!

I have only ever missed one port "Geraldton WA" lol its only 3 hours drive from home lol.

I was wondering how many others just stay onboard.

It probably depends on how many regular cruisers are on that cruise. When we stayed on those two days there weren't that many people on board for the day but that didn't bother us. Sometimes they have crew drills and those can be noisy for a while, but interesting to watch if you can find a spot that isn't in their way.

Quite a few people only go ashore for a few hours so the ship will start filling up again in the early afternoons.

We skip the odd port, but have never done what you are planning.

By the same token I can see nothing wrong with your plan.

Just like a stay at a resort.

We have been talking about skipping them all but know full well the "lure" of something special to be had on land will get the better of us,along with 2500 others that is! lol

Absolutely! I am doing a short 4 day cruise in February (with only one Port) and am planning to skip it. Instead, I am going to spend my day in the SPA! Really looking forward to it! Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It probably depends on how many regular cruisers are on that cruise. When we stayed on those two days there weren't that many people on board for the day but that didn't bother us. Sometimes they have crew drills and those can be noisy for a while, but interesting to watch if you can find a spot that isn't in their way.

Quite a few people only go ashore for a few hours so the ship will start filling up again in the early afternoons.

A drinks package brekky Irish Coffee with a double shot and a few beers makes all those crew drills and even the paint/varnish smells miraculously non existent to me lol

Absolutely! I am doing a short 4 day cruise in February (with only one Port) and am planning to skip it. Instead, I am going to spend my day in the SPA! Really looking forward to it! Have fun!

Mmm shore day spa maintenance! white boiler suites and wrenches everywhere lol

A drinks package brekky Irish Coffee with a double shot and a few beers makes all those crew drills and even the paint/varnish smells miraculously non existent to me lol

Yeah but they sound those nasty loud emergency signals during the drills and even noise-cancelling headphones can't block those noises. :eek:

Sorry I got confused!!! in aussie a spa is a hot tub or whirlpool,we dont really do those soothing hot rock essential oil seaweed face mask plus calming music and free cucumber eye patches?? thing along with those long ponytail makeup heavy British backpacker girls dressed in an official looking white clinical style jacket thingy :D:D:D.

Sorry I got confused!!! in aussie a spa is a hot tub or whirlpool,we dont really do those soothing hot rock essential oil seaweed face mask plus calming music and free cucumber eye patches?? thing along with those long ponytail makeup heavy British backpacker girls dressed in an official looking white clinical style jacket thingy :D:D:D.

Actually some of us do but not the overpriced hard sell cruise ship versions. :eek: And my beauticians wear black outfits, very smart and very fashionable.

Good on you, a cruise is about the ship as well as destination, but we tend to go for the ship ( sea days ).

We do get off a each port for a walk and then be back on the ship for lunch most times.

Cheers Don ( a bit over two weeks before next cruise )

Yes we prefer sea days although some you talk to are going stir crazy after just a few sea days

Yes we prefer sea days although some you talk to are going stir crazy after just a few sea days

Sea days are bliss! I can't wait until our next cruise, the Diamond repositioning cruise up to Japan in March. Board in Sydney, five sea days, Darwin, four sea days, Kota Kinabalu, and a bit later in the cruise another block of three sea days.

We always get off ship at a Port, one of the main reasons we cruise to see places. Although the sea days are good, had 9 in a row on Arcadia in 2012 - Sydney to Southampton, due to pirate activity and weather.

Sea days are bliss! I can't wait until our next cruise, the Diamond repositioning cruise up to Japan in March. Board in Sydney, five sea days, Darwin, four sea days, Kota Kinabalu, and a bit later in the cruise another block of three sea days.

We love sea days also. When we go to the Caribbean we rarely leave the ship other than to get off and stretch our legs, maybe buy a tee shirt. We have been to these ports so many times and we live near the beach so we would rather enjoy the quite of the ship, empty pool.

Anyone done this?

I haven't skipped every port but have skipped the occasional one. Empty ship has both a good and bad feel about it.