Singapore and F1 combination

allanna

We did last year. Went through a travel agent here in the uk who have a tv channel. The booking process was initially a bit of a bait and switch i that they were advertising a balcony cabin even though there were none left. They still carried on adverting these though. They also changed our hotel at the last minute to a less desirable one (I liked it though, just a bit dated)

Our tickets didn't come for the F1 at all. Because they were that late sending us anything we had terrible trouble getting decent seats on the plane. We had to check in again at Doha. Everyone else on the flight didn't. So we spent that hour layover in a bit of a panic We had to then find our way to a massive shopping center/hotel complex in Singapore.. half the roads were closed too remember. Then they had no trace of us on their system.

Once we got our tickets though we had a great time! Singapore locals were lovely! The place was great, the F1 very well organized. Seats were on a straight so the cars go past very fast. There are big tvs so you can see what's going on on the rest of the track. Great pop concerts etc

I loved the Mariner - Despite being in an inside cabin!

Thanks Suzieanna,

How did you get to and from the circuit and then to your plane back home. Did the Cruise line organise all this?

Were the tickets what you ordered?

CruserBruce,

Don`t apologise not everybody can have a handle on all things.

CruserBruce,

Don`t apologise not everybody can have a handle on all things.

Really, no need to be snarky. You are apparently from the UK where folks might have known what you were asking. But the vast majority of members of CC are from North America and have/had no idea what you were asking. I know I didn't. I think you were fortunate to get a knowledgeable reply. And why it took 140 views and nearly 24 hours to get any information. EM

Esssiesmom,

I had no intention of being sarky, maybe I should have added toc (Tongue in cheek)

If you check my profile you would realise I do not live in the UK and I would like to think the majority of the modern world know that F1 does indeed mean Formula One however...

I did receive a knowledgeable reply within 24 hours so to me that is a good reply.

Thank you anyway for your reply even though it did not answer my post or add any good information.

Hi. We just got taxis to and from the airport. The taxi system in Singapore is really cool and well organized Airport to hotel was a regulated fixed price. Not as expensive as London. More expensive to pick one up outside the hotel just to get around Singapore though. We walked everywhere to be honest. The hotel they put us in turned out to be a better location than the first one. We were by Clarke quay. Once we finally got our tickets, we actually had an amazing time.

It was very very hot! And it rained a lot, and there were amazing thunderstorms!

F1 is not big in the USA.... yet! But I think it might be soon. There was a race somewhere there last year. It was funny cos the drivers were given big "walk-ons". That doesn't happen here!!

I have been thinking about this for a few minutes

The one thing I would have liked to have been able to do was walk on the circuit at the end. Our ticket did not allow for this. Also there is a Singapore flyer (London eye type thing). We couldn't go on this because it was in a zone that we didn't have access to. Also, our seats were great in that we looked out onto the bay and had the marina bay sands as a backdrop.. amazing view.. and the best seats for the fireworks but If I was a massive racing fan I might have wished to be at a corner as opposed to a straight?

Like I said earlier, we struck lucky with the location of our hotel and we were able to walk everywhere. This might not be the case depending on where your package maker puts you.

You may find a package you make for yourself with your ideal components is no more expensive?

Has anybody taken this cruise + the F1 experience?

Pro`s and Con`s would help please.

TXS

Hi Allanna,

As an American who is a die hard F1 fan, and was just at the Singapore Grand Prix this past September, I thought I might jump in.

Now that F1 is owned by an American company... and ESPN just bought the television rights, I’m a bit fearful for the future of the sport. Please keep the sport as far away from NASCAR as possible!! I’ll end that rant right there.

You can definitely take a taxi to the airport from just about anywhere near the marina bay circuit. However, if you’d like to go cheaper, there are MRT (subway/train system) stops literally surrounding the circuit. The most convenient, efficient, and CLEANEST, public transit system I have ever taken in the world. Very cheap as well, you can buy a 72 hour pass that gets you unlimited rides and it will take you everywhere in the country including the airport. About a 30 minute ride or so from the circuit to the airport.

I am not sure of your physical capability, however may I suggest getting the 3 day Walkabout ticket to the race. It is an excellent value, and it allows you access to all 4 zones of the track, including on the track post-race. The only thing is that it does not grant you a seat. Instead, you are free to roam around the entire track and watch the race directly at the track wall from dozens of viewing platforms surrounding the entire track. I used the practices and qualification to roam around and find which was the best to watch the race from. Had the most amazing experience. I chose the platform at the end of the start straightaway, the big crash with both Ferrari’s and verstappen at the start of this year’s race happened about 15 yards right in front of me. So close you could feel the force.

Either way, enjoy the race!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Esssiesmom,

I had no intention of being sarky, maybe I should have added toc (Tongue in cheek)

If you check my profile you would realise I do not live in the UK and I would like to think the majority of the modern world know that F1 does indeed mean Formula One however...

I did receive a knowledgeable reply within 24 hours so to me that is a good reply.

Thank you anyway for your reply even though it did not answer my post or add any good information.

Yeah Formula 1 was at Watkins Glen from 1961 through 1980, so many of us are somewhat familiar with F1. Problem I had with your first F1 posting was the term "F1 experience"; did not know if you were referring to a race or some type of tourist driving school experience!

• 2 weeks later...

Funny, the biggest market for F1 logo stuff is ....... THE USA. :D

LOTS of F1 fans.

I would love to do Singapore (chili crab) race. I have done Watkins Glen in the old days. Last Turkey race. Hungary (VERY HOT), and Canada (wonderful setup).

Funny, the biggest market for F1 logo stuff is ....... THE USA. :D

LOTS of F1 fans.

I would love to do Singapore (chili crab) race. I have done Watkins Glen in the old days. Last Turkey race. Hungary (VERY HOT), and Canada (wonderful setup).

Yeah, back in the old days, at Watkins Glen the general public could take a drive around the track any time other than race days - great fun.

• 5 months later...

I'm going to the Singapore F1 next month!

I booked a package which includes a 4 Night Cruise from Singapore to Port Klang to Phuket to Singapore. There was a cruise available prior to the Grand Prix or afterwards....I chose the latter one.

I have been to Singapore before and loved it and had always wanted to go to the F1 there as it's the only night race.

My package includes return airfares, accommodation in Singapore, Grand Prix Tickets, all transfers to from airport etc, and the Cruise.