Status Match

Debmacd

Just spent all evening trying to apply for status match... it won’t accept my photo/ doc... proving my status with Celebrity ... is status match worth the bother?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That is only a question you can answer. We saved the proof to a pdf file and it went over without a glitch. I felt that as Platinum on NCL I sure would love to be able to start off as Black on MSC. My DH and I both sent it in and had a reply back with our new MSC status in a few days. We immediately booked his birthday cruise for 2019.

I first tried to send my Princess Elite home page as an html attachment. MSC emailed me 2 days later saying the file format was wrong and was corrupt and they didn't want to open it. So I took a screen shot and also sent it as a zip file. One of those worked because 2 days later I got an email saying I was now a black card member. It also showed on my MSC account page. I used a chromebook to do this.

Do you have to ask for your status match before you book?

I am with an agent, and they didn't seem to know about it. He led me to believe that it would be 5% off our next (ie second) booking - which didn't make sense to me?

I didn't push it. I am Emerald on Royal - is that worth bothering to status match?

I am with an agent, and they didn't seem to know about it. He led me to believe that it would be 5% off our next (ie second) booking - which didn't make sense to me?

I didn't push it. I am Emerald on Royal - is that worth bothering to status match?

Emerald on Royal should be Gold on MSC so definitely worth it. I had booked my cruise and then did my status match months later but before final payment and received the 5% discount.

I imagine you should ask for it if they did not give it to you.

We were awarded 5% discount in our first booking after receiving the match.

We did book directly through MSC. I don't know if that makes a difference.

Cheers.

Just for comparison... I'm Platinum (113 points) with Carnival and just got my confirmation of gold status with MSC. Looking over their info, it's interesting that MSC accrues points based more on spending, which I have wished sometimes that Carnival did. Anyway, I called MSC and they added the status to my booking and updated the rate to reflect the 5% discount. It only took about 3 minutes. Easy Peasy! Happy cruiser here.....