Thoughts on Carnival Liberty

apcci2

I realize there are different opinions and some will complain no matter the ship....but thinking of booking on Liberty. Any advice/overall thoughts of the ship are appreciated. Thanks

Book the itinerary that suits you the best first, ship and amenities second. As for the Liberty, it was our favorite cruise although it’s been a few years now. It has everything that we wanted without having to book a mega ship. This is of course subjective as we love this size ship and amenities. We were on a 7 day on the Liberty and loved every minute of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our first cruise was n the Sensation and we were blown away.

Second was on the Dream and knew I would never book the Sensation again.... just for certain bells and whistles that the Sensation did not have. But the Dream did not take away anything from our cruise on the Sensation. Third cruise was on Sunshine and I had some concerns that I may not be as blown away as my other 2 cruises...wrong.. Had a blast and was blown away. Boarding Liberty in abut a month and can't wait. Boarding Magic in about 5 months. Every ship will have something for me.. I just know I won't sail the fantasy size again. But I can't wait to see the Liberty.. She looks so beautiful.

I'm sorry if I rambled.. TMI.

Happy booking!!

Was on liberty in December - was great. Ship was clean and staff was friendly and helpful. Did not have a good experience on the sunshine last summer so it was nice to have a great time on this cruise. The stops are as generic as they come but I personally don’t care about ports as much as I like the ship and sea days. Would go back on liberty without a doubt again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was just on the Liberty. Ship wise, I live the Conquest line.

Donkey was on vacation so we had Tevin. I enjoyed his energy.

Had a few service issues, but not too bad. Surprisingly at Alchemy. It wasn’t crowded and the bartender kept serving people who came after me even though she kept saying I was next. With the amount of time it takes to make those drinks I waited a full 30 minutes before I left because she went to take care of a table of 4-5 people who came 20 minutes after me.

It was spring break so lots of drinkers but a group came into the MDR with costumes on fornfoemal night. No shirts, tutus (grown men mind you), tights, etc. They were spoken to twice by security for hitting a woman with a cork when they opened champagne, yelling, running around the dining room, etc. I’m sure this was an isolated incident and not the fault of the ship at all.

Service that night was 2.5 hours and we never got a dessert menu. After the main course they left us with out dirty main course plates in front of us for an hour so we left. Same after appetizers just less time. The other nights service was good though. Our waiter just seemed to disappear. Tables around us came after we did and left 45 minutes before us, and had dessert. My first issue ever with MDR service in 6 carnival cruises.

Our room steward never brought out past guest free water, and only made one towel animal. Not a deal breaker, but not the norm either.

I’d sail her again since they were minor issues.

All else (which is the majority) was great!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I sailed back in December solo cruise I really enjoyed i had FTTF i had no early access to my stateroom because the doors were closed but my luggage was there by the time i went downstairs, my room steward was very friendly and kept the room clean with a different towel animal each time , at the MDR i got seated quick i guess since i was alone i got seated with another group of people all friendly took pictures and took shots lol, the ship was very cleaned although it needs some work the staff is very friendly

I sailed back in December solo cruise I really enjoyed i had FTTF i had no early access to my stateroom because the doors were closed but my luggage was there by the time i went downstairs, my room steward was very friendly and kept the room clean with a different towel animal each time , at the MDR i got seated quick i guess since i was alone i got seated with another group of people all friendly took pictures and took shots lol, the ship was very cleaned although it needs some work the staff is very friendly

I had the opposite. I could get into my room with FTTF but others on my floor with no priority tags got their luggage first.

I sailed on the Liberty last year and really enjoyed it. We had a balcony room on the Lido deck and we were in a perfect spot. The ship was nice and easy to navigate. The only issues we had were on day one with the bar staff. It took far too long to get a drink.

The shows were fun. They had a show call Flick and it was really good. The Rock and Roll show was fun but the singing was more like yelling! We really enjoyed the steakhouse. Best service we ever had and the food was delicious! We did the 4 night cruise as we heard the three night was more of a party cruise.

Liberty is one of my favorite ships. Donkey is so much fun. We are thinking about booking her again in May even though it’s more expensive and on the other coast of Florida. We live in Tampa and also considering the newly refurbished Paradise.

Liberty is one of my favorites as well. The service we had on her was incredible, the ship is beautiful, and the size is perfect. I prefer the smaller ships over the large ones as I don't feel as crowded and the service seems to be better. Definitely will sail on her again in a heartbeat!

My first Carnival cruise was Liberty. I was super scared and even told my boyfriend at the time not to judge cruises by this one (as this was his first ever cruise.)

Boy was I wrong. We had a great time and made some amazing friends and even better memories.

There was nothing I did not like about the ship. The food was great, entertainment fun and staff was excellent.

My second cruise was Valor and even though I did not love the food, the staff was great and we had an awesome time.

My third was Sunshine and to date is my favorite cruise but it was largely due to the amazing people we met through CC and the energy of Emma with great staff.

We are getting married this November on the Carnival Conquest and honestly cannot imagine having a bad cruise.

• 1 month later...

I guess I will be going against the grain of opinion here, but I was just not impressed with the Liberty. We did a 4 Day last month in a suite. This was our third Carnival cruise and least liked of the three (other two were on the Sunshine and Magic). While we have a fun time no matter what, it just appeared they were not keeping this ship up...just seemed more run down than any other ship we have been on, of the multiple cruise lines we have been on. Second, this ship felt quite a bit smaller than the Magic(which we loved). We have been on many smaller ships on other cruise lines, but for some reason just did not enjoy this size with Carnival. I will say, it did feel less crowded, though. Everything else was fine...staff, food, etc. Maybe staying in the suite, I just felt like I over payed for the experience I received.